The Mentor Program

Lady Evyl Lady Evyl
Being new (got in the advanced level yesterday) I totally appreciate this program...just wish my mentor would benefit for the 25$ too :-(

Not sure what a push assignment is though?

Thank you for the 3 people who contacted me to mentor me too!
05/03/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Evyl
Being new (got in the advanced level yesterday) I totally appreciate this program...just wish my mentor would benefit for the 25$ too :-(

Not sure what a push assignment is though?

Thank you for the 3 people who contacted me to mentor me too!
A push assignment is "pushed" by admin (or the mentors, it seems) rather than requested by the member.


Also, is there going to be a section on the forums for mentor discussions at all? I think that would be useful.
05/03/2010
J's Alley J's Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Ok.

My next question is how do we initiate push reviews for the student? And is there/will there be a way to edit our areas of expertise if we feel we're strong enough in those to want to list?
I have the same question about the push reviews, do we email you?
05/03/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by J's Alley
I have the same question about the push reviews, do we email you?
Push = an assignment created by the admin.

Yes, just email me with your Push Assignment requests for your students.
05/04/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Wow I didn't know we got incentives. This is awesome. My only complaint is that I am already at my max students and would love more. But I love being busy busy.

I think it would be cool if mentors could be upgraded and voted on by their ... More
Me either! Wow the chance to help out was enough to get me interested! This looks great!
05/04/2010
MarriedWithToyz MarriedWithToyz
I to wish the mentor would receive some kind of benefit for helping out advanced member. Especially if they are reviewing a product or something they have never done before! Now I feel bad!
05/04/2010
Victoria Victoria
I hope everyone sees how much Advanced Level reviewers can learn from each other - that just because you've tried a zillion clit toys does not mean that you know much about anal toys - and we'd love to see some knowledge sharing around your areas of experience, to help everyone grow.

The payment for helping beginners is a courtesy from us - it's because the totally new reviewers have no idea how to navigate Eden, know very little about products and materials for the most part, and need overall guidance - not just on reviews but on everything here. There is a big difference between helping out someone who is not so new, and taking a total new-comer under your wing.

I hope that makes sense to y'all!
05/04/2010
MarriedWithToyz MarriedWithToyz
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
I hope everyone sees how much Advanced Level reviewers can learn from each other - that just because you've tried a zillion clit toys does not mean that you know much about anal toys - and we'd love to see some knowledge sharing around your ... More
Yes Victoria it does make better sense now. It really is a lot of work to be mentoring someone really new. There is so much for a new-comer to absorb so in turn a lot for a mentor to be teaching. Wow, this really is such a wonderful idea I wish I had mentor when I started, I just had to lurk around and stalk innocent Advanced Members!
05/04/2010
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Man, I wish I had time to do this.
05/05/2010
Darling Dove Darling Dove
I'm in the mentor program now, too
Havent gotten any requests yet, though, but eh.. its new =P I'll keep checking.
05/05/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I'm accepting students too I'm so ready to teach!
05/05/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by MarriedWithToyz
Yes Victoria it does make better sense now. It really is a lot of work to be mentoring someone really new. There is so much for a new-comer to absorb so in turn a lot for a mentor to be teaching. Wow, this really is such a wonderful idea I wish I ... More
You can still be mentored, darlin, even as an advanced user. I'd be more than happy to mentor you if you'd like!
05/05/2010
Neuron Geek Neuron Geek
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Evyl
Being new (got in the advanced level yesterday) I totally appreciate this program...just wish my mentor would benefit for the 25$ too :-(

Not sure what a push assignment is though?

Thank you for the 3 people who contacted me to mentor me too!
Push assignments are the assignments that were initiated by administrator.

Pull assignments are the assignment that were requested (initiated) by you.
05/05/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
I noticed that I ended a class today and my numbers have not updated. I am available for one slot but my picture doesn't show up in the community. I wondered if there was just lag or if this was a glitch.
05/05/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
So I feel lame but my i accepted my student (advanced contrib).. what do I do now?!
05/06/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
So I feel lame but my i accepted my student (advanced contrib).. what do I do now?!
Talk to them about their reviews, help them out...all of that. Get them a push assignment and publish it...
05/06/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
So I feel lame but my i accepted my student (advanced contrib).. what do I do now?!
Go to the mentor program section when they submit their first review and then you can read and comment on it, submit it to them for revisions, or submit it to the community as is!

That's the basics. You'll want to answer any of their questions and maybe discuss what product they should review beforehand so you can help them as best as you can. For instance I had one student want to review a DVD and I told her that I wouldn't be the best for that, but still would help as I could.

good luck! It's a ton of fun
05/06/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Talk to them about their reviews, help them out...all of that. Get them a push assignment and publish it...
(if they are advanced, they can request an assignment as normal)
05/06/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
So I feel lame but my i accepted my student (advanced contrib).. what do I do now?!
Have them request an assignment, and talk to them about anything you like where you think they might be able to improve with your advice. Then, when they get their assignment and write their review, talk to them about the review and help them to write a better review.
05/06/2010
Dragon Dragon
WOW. Too cool.

I just wrote a review for the book program today, and started browsing the forum. I noticed several things had changed- I love the new tags. Thanks!

This really should be sent as an email! I've been so busy with a commute from hell (over an hour one way) that I haven't been on the forum hardly at all. I didn't even know.

I'll sign up as a mentor. That appeals to me.

(Gary - close to finishing reading the other book!)
05/08/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Have them request an assignment, and talk to them about anything you like where you think they might be able to improve with your advice. Then, when they get their assignment and write their review, talk to them about the review and help them to ... More
So theoretically, if a student does not buy their own toys and is already advanced it could take them 2 months to graduate?
05/10/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
So theoretically, if a student does not buy their own toys and is already advanced it could take them 2 months to graduate?
In theory, yes. But being an advanced reviewer they would have already completed all minimum requirements. This means if there are looking for improvement and advice it would be at the discretion of the Mentor.
05/10/2010
Victoria Victoria
Btw, y'all - we're so proud of the Mentor Program, we did a release about it
05/12/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Btw, y'all - we're so proud of the Mentor Program, we did a release about it
Oh, that's cool!
05/12/2010
MuffysPinguLove MuffysPinguLove
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Btw, y'all - we're so proud of the Mentor Program, we did a release about it
Very cool
05/12/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Btw, y'all - we're so proud of the Mentor Program, we did a release about it
That's fantastic, I went and checked it out and I thought the article was just great
05/13/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Will this be phasing out the voting process? I think that would be an excellent idea and it would also help solve A BUNCH of the issues everyone is having now.
05/13/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Is there/will there be a way to edit your area of expertise if you feel you've expanded enough to be useful in more areas than when you first started?
05/13/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Will this be phasing out the voting process? I think that would be an excellent idea and it would also help solve A BUNCH of the issues everyone is having now.
Oh, good question! I would love that, if a person HAD to have a mentor to become Advanced!

What a great idea!
05/13/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Oh, good question! I would love that, if a person HAD to have a mentor to become Advanced!

What a great idea!
Thanks.

I think it would be a great quality control measure
05/13/2010
Total posts: 198
Unique posters: 69