The Mentor Program

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

The Mentor Program

Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Thanks.

I think it would be a great quality control measure
You are right, it would be. That way, no one gets voted in by "random benefactors" and people are actually pleased with the review quality once they've become advanced. It is also a lot more personable.
05/13/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Oh, good question! I would love that, if a person HAD to have a mentor to become Advanced!

What a great idea!
I agree. Perhaps new reviewers should even be assigned a mentor or provided with the list of mentors to choose from. That way, when other mentors are filled up, others get the opportunity to mentor.
05/13/2010
Sir Sir
Let me add, onto that, that it would be a great way to greet people too! All of the individuals in the mentor program could ALSO be greeters, that way we greet and stay with our student through their growth as a review writer. Would be very nice...
05/13/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I agree. Perhaps new reviewers should even be assigned a mentor or provided with the list of mentors to choose from. That way, when other mentors are filled up, others get the opportunity to mentor.
I like that, too!
05/13/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I forgot to add to my post that I feel that should be the process when the reviewer applies to become an advanced reviewer. I think it'd be a good move, personally, that way we can request push assignments and they can get a feel for being an advanced reviewer before becoming one upon graduation, if they graduate from the class that is.
05/13/2010
MuffysPinguLove MuffysPinguLove
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Will this be phasing out the voting process? I think that would be an excellent idea and it would also help solve A BUNCH of the issues everyone is having now.
I also think this is a really great idea
05/13/2010
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Let me add, onto that, that it would be a great way to greet people too! All of the individuals in the mentor program could ALSO be greeters, that way we greet and stay with our student through their growth as a review writer. Would be very nice...
While I like this idea, and I think if someone wants to mentor and welcome a new member, that's great, I think greeters might also be needed separately from the mentor program. Some people come here to participate in the forum or read reviews but might not want to write ones or be a reviewer specifically. Not sure how many people fall into this boat, though.
05/13/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
While I like this idea, and I think if someone wants to mentor and welcome a new member, that's great, I think greeters might also be needed separately from the mentor program. Some people come here to participate in the forum or read reviews but ...
I agree! I think that there should ALSO be greeters, you're right!

Good feedback, thank you!
05/13/2010
*Ashley* *Ashley*
Since I'm a student and still learning everything, this was very helpful.
05/14/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by *Ashley*
Since I'm a student and still learning everything, this was very helpful.
That is great! Congrats!
05/14/2010
*Ashley* *Ashley*
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
That is great! Congrats!
Thanks, this is something I can defiantly get into. It may take me some time to become a mentor. But I’m addicted to this site already!, and LOVE IT!
05/14/2010
Darling Dove Darling Dove
I have a student in my class. If she submits a review on her own, does it automatically go to me? she has some products she owns that she wants to review, so should she just submit them in the usual way by grabbing the product and such?
05/19/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Dove
I have a student in my class. If she submits a review on her own, does it automatically go to me? she has some products she owns that she wants to review, so should she just submit them in the usual way by grabbing the product and such?
If you have a student, for any review they submit they should have the option to submit to Mentor.
05/19/2010
Darling Dove Darling Dove
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
If you have a student, for any review they submit they should have the option to submit to Mentor.
Where is that option, for them? The person is very new and does not know where it would be. Do they still do the grab item, write review, publish sequence or is it different?
Sorry for being dense. It's just, yeah >.< I can't see the student side since I'm not in a class, and its a little confusing.
05/19/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Dove
Where is that option, for them? The person is very new and does not know where it would be. Do they still do the grab item, write review, publish sequence or is it different?
Sorry for being dense. It's just, yeah >.< I can't see ...
This option should be at the very bottom of the review submission form.
05/19/2010
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
I agree! I think that there should ALSO be greeters, you're right!

Good feedback, thank you!
I keep hearing more and more people talking about greeters. I really wish EF would implement something like this! I would totally volunteer.
05/19/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
This option should be at the very bottom of the review submission form.
Alright!

My student just submitted a review, and I never got a submission from them. I also cannot view it any way other than regularly, by going to their page and all of that. I thought that the Mentors were able to publish it for them? Perhaps because my student is Advanced, it's different or something? I am just confused right now, that's all.

Thank you!
05/19/2010
Neuron Geek Neuron Geek
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Alright!

My student just submitted a review, and I never got a submission from them. I also cannot view it any way other than regularly, by going to their page and all of that. I thought that the Mentors were able to publish it for them? ...
The student has an option to submit the review to the Mentor or Administrator. The reviews that are submitted to the administrator will not appear in Mentor Class. Advanced Level of the contributor does not matter in this case.

The contributor RedVinylKitty submitted the review about "Fresh pink bell nipple clamps" to the administrator.

Discuss with your students the toys they wish to review and please let them know that they have to submit the reviews to the Mentor if they wish to share it.

Once the students submit the reviews to the Mentor, the Mentor can see them and publish, return for modification and transfer to the administrator.
05/19/2010
Neuron Geek Neuron Geek
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Dove
Where is that option, for them? The person is very new and does not know where it would be. Do they still do the grab item, write review, publish sequence or is it different?
Sorry for being dense. It's just, yeah >.< I can't see ...
The process with reviews is exactly the same, except the last part: the review submission. At the end of the review form, the student (if he/she has an active class) will see two buttons "Submit to Mentor", "Submit to administrator". Your student must select "Submit to Mentor" if he/she decides to share this review with you.
05/19/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Splendwhore
I keep hearing more and more people talking about greeters. I really wish EF would implement something like this! I would totally volunteer.
We send a welcome email to all new contributors. But please feel free to go through the new weekly welcome post, and send contributors a welcome email.
05/19/2010
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
We send a welcome email to all new contributors. But please feel free to go through the new weekly welcome post, and send contributors a welcome email.
Will do! ^_^ Thanks Gary.
05/19/2010
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Now that my rank is high enough, I was considering applying to be a mentor. However, in my dashboard under the mentor program, it still won't allow me to apply. "Contributor with a rank of 6 or more (required)" is still highlighted in orange.. Did I misinterpret this? Do I need a 6.1 to become a mentor, or has the system just not registered my rank yet?
05/24/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
I am totally amazed at how the community is growing and how many changes it is going through. I think this is an amzing idea. It will be very helpful to the new reviewers which in turn will be helpfull to intersted customers.
05/25/2010
Neuron Geek Neuron Geek
Quote:
Originally posted by Splendwhore
Now that my rank is high enough, I was considering applying to be a mentor. However, in my dashboard under the mentor program, it still won't allow me to apply. "Contributor with a rank of 6 or more (required)" is still highlighted in ...
We will investigate this case today.
05/25/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Will this be phasing out the voting process? I think that would be an excellent idea and it would also help solve A BUNCH of the issues everyone is having now.
Wow, I really like this idea, too. I'm a new member who's written 1 review on my own, just beginning a class as a student, and still trying to figure out EF. Since I am so new, I barely know anyone, and that's very intimidating considering advanced reviewer status is currently determined by votes. It's not that I don't want to be personable, it's just that I am still trying to figure everything out and push out my reviews.

Hope this insight from a newbie helps
05/25/2010
Alicia Alicia
This is why I'm addicted to this site! There is so many great programs and so much information and help
05/25/2010
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Quote:
Originally posted by Neuron Geek
We will investigate this case today.
Thank you, but the problem seemed to resolve itself last night. I was successfully able to submit an application.
05/25/2010
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
This is why I'm addicted to this site! There is so many great programs and so much information and help
Thank you for the compliment! We love the feedback
05/25/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Alright!

My student just submitted a review, and I never got a submission from them. I also cannot view it any way other than regularly, by going to their page and all of that. I thought that the Mentors were able to publish it for them? ...
It also happened with my student.

I got a suggestions for the program:
Make the assign to Mentor the only option for students who are not already advanced. Or have a tutorial page showing clearly how to submit to a mentor.

That a mentor could have the option to 'Assign to class' a review that has been already submitted through the normal system. This could resolve the issue of accidental submitting to administrator from a new student and also when mentoring a reviewer already advanced. So it could be a great way to work with reviews already published that need a little tweaking.

Re-publishing the review would be displayed along with the other new reviews and... be eligible for new votes or something.
05/25/2010
Splendwhore Splendwhore
My student informed me that there was no "Submit to Mentor" button of any kind. In fact, she stated that there was a message that said "The review for this product can be submitted to administrator only." She has two other assignment that were recently assigned to her, and both of these show similar messages when she clicked into the review forms. How am I supposed to help her if she doesn't have the option to submit her reviews to me?
05/28/2010
Total posts: 198
Unique posters: 69