To those of you that feel 'stuck' with your ranking...

Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
I was coming here to post about the same thing, and noticed how many people are saying this. So I did a little research, and found this:

Contributor Ranking: breakdown and logic

The rating system is determined by the combination of two factors: activity and popularity.
Activity Factor = 42%

Writing reviews (28%)
Writing follow-up reviews (4%)
Answering questions on your reviews (2%)
Posting comments on the reviews of other contributors (2%)
Creating new discussions (2%)
Making posts in discussions (2%)
Time in community (2%)
Review activity reflects the ratio between the number of your reviews relative to the average maximum of reviews between the top contributors. Verified reviews count exactly as much as unverified reviews. There are no limits on the number of reviews and follow-up reviews.
Only the past 360 days of activity is considered in Activity Factor.
Popularity Factor = 58%

Average review usefulness determined by votes (34%)
Average editorial vote (4%)
Number of comments on your reviews (9%)
Number of ratings on your reviews (9%)
Number of discussion posts from other contributors on the discussions created by you (2%)

We consider voting on your own reviews an inappropriate practice. The reviews should be evaluated by other people, not by the author of the review.
These factors are calculated daily, and in comparison to other reviewers (which is why your rating might change even if you haven't done anything).
There are several ways to boost your rating, like writing more reviews, follow-ups, commenting on others' reviews and posting on the forum.
11/01/2011
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
KC Kitten KC Kitten
Thanks for posting this, I saw this the other day and I'd been searching all over the place to figure out how this was worked out. Now maybe this will be easier for others!
11/01/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Quote:
Originally posted by KC Kitten
Thanks for posting this, I saw this the other day and I'd been searching all over the place to figure out how this was worked out. Now maybe this will be easier for others!
That is kind of what I figured. There is so much info to take in at first, and people come to the forums for help, so I figured I'd post it here!
11/01/2011
Drakoni Drakoni
Thanks for looking for more information for people who are asking this question, but I think most of us have already read the ranking breakdown. I've been aware of it for awhile and comment on other reviews, etc. daily. I've also written two additional reviews that received extremely useful votes. But, I'm still "stuck" around the 5.2 in rank that I started at after my first review. It seems like there is either a trick that isn't apparent from the information posted or that it takes a lot of reviews, etc. to go up even a small amount in the rankings. But then, I see people with rankings in the 6.0 range that don't have a ton of reviews.
11/06/2011
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by Drakoni
Thanks for looking for more information for people who are asking this question, but I think most of us have already read the ranking breakdown. I've been aware of it for awhile and comment on other reviews, etc. daily. I've also written ... More
I'm still perplexed by that last bit... I'm at 5.9 but earlier I saw someone who was a 6 with all of 10 reviews. So I'm not sure how that works. I'm not all that concerned about it, but I do get confused as to how someone with less activity than me gets a higher ranking. Most of my reviews have EU votes.
11/06/2011
badk1tty badk1tty
I'm glad to see the breakdown so that I can understand it, but it doesn't change my thinking. "if I do good work, I'll get a nice rank".
11/06/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Quote:
Originally posted by Drakoni
Thanks for looking for more information for people who are asking this question, but I think most of us have already read the ranking breakdown. I've been aware of it for awhile and comment on other reviews, etc. daily. I've also written ... More
I just wanted people to be aware of the fact, or even remind them if maybe they forgot, that it isn't just the rankings on your reviews, and how many of them you do that make a difference. I've found that the more active I am on EF in general, the more I see an increase in my ranking.
11/07/2011
tlaskowski tlaskowski
thanks!!!
11/11/2011
Cherry21 Cherry21
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessa Taboo
I was coming here to post about the same thing, and noticed how many people are saying this. So I did a little research, and found this:

Contributor Ranking: breakdown and logic

The rating system is determined by the combination of ... More
thanks!
11/27/2011
Cherry21 Cherry21
Quote:
Originally posted by badk1tty
I'm glad to see the breakdown so that I can understand it, but it doesn't change my thinking. "if I do good work, I'll get a nice rank".
always!
11/27/2011
12345678 12345678
Thanks for the explanation!
11/27/2011
Willow Wand Willow Wand
thanx
11/28/2011
DeliciousSurprise DeliciousSurprise
Quote:
Originally posted by Drakoni
Thanks for looking for more information for people who are asking this question, but I think most of us have already read the ranking breakdown. I've been aware of it for awhile and comment on other reviews, etc. daily. I've also written ... More
5.2 is the plateau rank, if I remember right; before the 5.2 mark your rank changes with every review, after that it seems to level off and you need to WORK it to get it higher.

People with fewer reviews and high ratings generally have extremely good ratings, and are otherwise very active on EF (like they read and rate other reviews, they're on the forums a lot, etc.)
11/28/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
I'm still perplexed by that last bit... I'm at 5.9 but earlier I saw someone who was a 6 with all of 10 reviews. So I'm not sure how that works. I'm not all that concerned about it, but I do get confused as to how someone with less ... More
They did it in a shorter period of time most likely.
11/28/2011
teachmetouchme teachmetouchme
I am in the process of writing my 1st review with my mentor, Stainedclear, but as I look at other reviews for inspiration and check the author's profile, I can not correlate the guidelines with the rankings. It does seem that there is a connection between longevity and ratings. JMHO

11/28/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by teachmetouchme
I am in the process of writing my 1st review with my mentor, Stainedclear, but as I look at other reviews for inspiration and check the author's profile, I can not correlate the guidelines with the rankings. It does seem that there is a ... More
I would think that of any place that lets you build up a ranking over time honestly. The longer you participate the higher your rank generally ends up being.
11/28/2011
allinonekid allinonekid
Thanks very much for posting this!

Btw, check out my first review and leave a comment! link
11/28/2011
MrKite MrKite
Great info. Thanks for the numbers.
11/30/2011
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Can you post the exact link for this?

It's also important to remember that your rank is relative to everyone else on the site. If activity dies in general, yours becomes weightier. If more people are more active, yours means a little less. It's a very simplified way to look at it.
12/01/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Can you post the exact link for this?

It's also important to remember that your rank is relative to everyone else on the site. If activity dies in general, yours becomes weightier. If more people are more active, yours means a little less. ... More
Sure! Here it is!
12/01/2011
BiteOnThis BiteOnThis
Thanks for posting this!
10/28/2012
Nyx (Under the Covers) Nyx (Under the Covers)
I've been wondering if it becomes harder to increase in ranking the higher you go? I feel like I climbed very quickly from a 4.3 (I think, I can't quite remember) to a 4.9, then it took awhile to reach my current rank of 5.0, where I'm currently stuck. I'd very much like to reach 5.1 so that I can apply to the EdenTasks program, but despite posting in forums and voting in polls I seem to be stuck (I don't want to do anything that might be construed as points farming). I wrote a new review for my first buyout product, but am waiting for it to be published by an editor...
10/29/2012
ToyBunny ToyBunny
I have posted two reviews and been extremely active in the forums and comments lately and haven't moved from 4.7
12/04/2012
burtnuh burtnuh
I found this yesterday, but I'm glad this was posted, it's nice to see everyone's rankings and how they got there.
12/12/2012
curiousnwilling curiousnwilling
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessa Taboo
I just wanted people to be aware of the fact, or even remind them if maybe they forgot, that it isn't just the rankings on your reviews, and how many of them you do that make a difference. I've found that the more active I am on EF in ... More
Good point! Sometimes I go to other peoples pages and see all the products they comment and like and all the forum posts and just think "Wow, that looks exhausting."
01/08/2013
Total posts: 25
Unique posters: 21