Are you new to reviewing?

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

Are you new to reviewing?

Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupe L
I'm interested in reviewing, but haven't as of yet. Do I have to activate the review program to review a product? And what will that mean for me, having it activated? Also, I'm kind of unclear about when I could receive the 500 points for ...
Points are awarded for reviewed items if the product was purchased from EF. You will need to activate the review program in order to participate. Once it's activated you can review any product you own that we have a product page for. Simply add it to your assignment cart via the "grab it" button in the top right-hand corner, then go into the assignment cart and click "write review".
09/03/2013
Lupe L Lupe L
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Points are awarded for reviewed items if the product was purchased from EF. You will need to activate the review program in order to participate. Once it's activated you can review any product you own that we have a product page for. Simply add ...
Thank you, Stormy. That sounds good to me. However, the product I most want to review, the very first order I made with EF, doesn't appear to be shown in my orders list anymore. My other orders are there, but not that one. I still have the email receipt for that order, though. How should I go about this? I would like to be able to get the points, as I did purchase it from EF.
09/04/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupe L
Thank you, Stormy. That sounds good to me. However, the product I most want to review, the very first order I made with EF, doesn't appear to be shown in my orders list anymore. My other orders are there, but not that one. I still have the email ...
Interesting, perhaps you weren't completely logged in when you submitted the order? If you would like you can send Ilya an email and provide a .jpg or .pdf image of the receipt. If he can verify it, we can manually deposit points when the review is submitted.
09/04/2013
angel29 angel29
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to say that I've been seeing some new names in the review admin and would like to welcome you all to EF and the Review Program.

If you have any questions, please (pretty please) don't hesitate to ...
hello stormy how do I get my first task to do a review and I am ready to be a reviewer but I am not getting any task how can I start this
09/08/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by angel29
hello stormy how do I get my first task to do a review and I am ready to be a reviewer but I am not getting any task how can I start this
Points are awarded for reviewed items if the product was purchased from EF. You will need to activate the review program in order to participate. Once it's activated you can review any product you own that we have a product page for. Simply add it to your assignment cart via the "grab it" button in the top right-hand corner, then go into the assignment cart and click "write review".
09/09/2013
CinnamonNights CinnamonNights
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupe L
I'm interested in reviewing, but haven't as of yet. Do I have to activate the review program to review a product? And what will that mean for me, having it activated? Also, I'm kind of unclear about when I could receive the 500 points for ...
Edit: Oh whoops I replied answers to your questions but didn't see you got answered on the second pages sorry
10/10/2013
verdugopr verdugopr
I started recently to review products. I have bought a few products that I can review the only problem is that when I bought those product I didn't created an account and now on my order page I can't see any product hat I have bought.
10/11/2013
CinnamonNights CinnamonNights
Quote:
Originally posted by verdugopr
I started recently to review products. I have bought a few products that I can review the only problem is that when I bought those product I didn't created an account and now on my order page I can't see any product hat I have bought.
Welcomeee. I'm not too sure if anything can be done about that issue. I'd actually like to know too, because I have an order that I'd like listed on my order list since I did buy it from here.
10/11/2013
verdugopr verdugopr
Quote:
Originally posted by CinnamonNights
Welcomeee. I'm not too sure if anything can be done about that issue. I'd actually like to know too, because I have an order that I'd like listed on my order list since I did buy it from here.
I made a ticket and it seems is not possible. I don't why it can't be added since I use the same email, but next time I will use my account.
10/11/2013
CinnamonNights CinnamonNights
Quote:
Originally posted by verdugopr
I made a ticket and it seems is not possible. I don't why it can't be added since I use the same email, but next time I will use my account.
Aww, unfortunate. Thanks for letting me know!
10/12/2013
31 Flavors 31 Flavors
I am thinking of starting to review some of toys. Do the editors make suggestions about improvement or other issues or is it simply a "accept or reject"? And do I earn the points for toys that I haven't actually purchased but were given as gifts?
10/14/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by 31 Flavors
I am thinking of starting to review some of toys. Do the editors make suggestions about improvement or other issues or is it simply a "accept or reject"? And do I earn the points for toys that I haven't actually purchased but were given as gifts?
Welcome, we are happy to have new reviewers! Editors are actually just proofreaders; we check for plagiarism, spelling, punctuation and grammar, as well as check facts. The now retired mentor program was where people could learn the ropes, as well as to improve their reviews. Some of the former mentors are still willing to help people. So, no, editors will not help your reviews, but they will send a poorly done one back for a re-write. At that time, they will tell the reviewer what needs to be fixed and perhaps mention some things that might be lacking, though it is not their job to do the later.

As for the items you can review. You may review any item for which Eden has a product page and that you owned and have used, whether a gift or self bought. However, you will only receive points for items that you personally bought from Eden. And after your review is published by an editor, the system automatically checks to see if you will receive points for that review based on your shopping history here. The points will automatically be assigned to you as soon as the review is published. Then you can use those points as a discount for up to a maximum of 15% off your order total (after all other discounts). So, for example, if your order after discounts is $80, you will be able to use a maximum of 1200 points ($12) as a discount regardless of how many points you may have. (If you have less points, you may certainly use all of them.) Then you would have to pay the remaining $68 yourself. I hope that answered a question you might not yet have thought about!

If you have any problems or questions while on this site, you may always contact Stormy in a private message. She is our one stop resource for all things about the site!
10/14/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Welcome, we are happy to have new reviewers! Editors are actually just proofreaders; we check for plagiarism, spelling, punctuation and grammar, as well as check facts. The now retired mentor program was where people could learn the ropes, as well as ...
Thanks WW, you rock!!
10/15/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Thanks WW, you rock!!
I am glad I didn't miss anything or make a mistake, thank you! And you are welcome, I didn't want to come off as doing your job, but since you answer this question all the time (or variations of it, even in this same thread), I thought you wouldn't mind a little "relief"; just trying to help!
10/16/2013
JBeth JBeth
My first review was published yesterday, and while I still have tons of room for improvement, I'm very excited. I will be doing more reviews shortly, and hopefully the practice will help me to understand what is necessary for a "very useful" review. I wish the mentor program was up and running!
10/16/2013
Slutty Girl Problems Slutty Girl Problems
Thanks for posting this!

I am new to reviewing, and was initially enrolled with a mentor, so I was really sad to see that program leave, just as I (and I'm sure many others) was beginning my journey. I'm glad I had such positive feedback from my first reviews, and am glad to see this thread for my questions (anyone else never hear back from support tickets?).

I'm nervous to see all the hesitation with the new changes, and fear that despite putting in tons of work for my reviews, the new system is changing to eliminate reviewers, the points system, and products available for reviewers! So, perhaps it won't be as great as it once was. But, I hope that I will still be able to get new products to review (since I can't really afford to try new things!)

I share a lot of the questions here - like, Can you only review items previously purchased? Are there no longer "assignments" where you can request to review new products? Has that system virtually been eliminated?

I was looking forward to trying products I normally wouldn't purchase, or am unable to afford, so am very sad to see the new changes, and that points only cover 15% of the purchase.
10/18/2013
Slutty Girl Problems Slutty Girl Problems
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Let me throw my hat in the ring as someone people can come to to ask questions, about anything, including reviews. I don't have the wealth of experience that js250 and other former mentors do, but I am always willing to help! Send me a message, ...
Double thanks, WW! Thanks for the feedback for my review - I also wish the mentor program was still around!
10/18/2013
CinnamonNights CinnamonNights
Quote:
Originally posted by Slutty Girl Problems
Thanks for posting this!

I am new to reviewing, and was initially enrolled with a mentor, so I was really sad to see that program leave, just as I (and I'm sure many others) was beginning my journey. I'm glad I had such positive ...
Welcome! It is unfortunate that the mentor program has stopped. I hear back from support tickets but its starting to seem like I just get responses about an item I bought. The forums are quite helpful though, so feel free to ask questions on it.

To answer your questions: There are still assignments, you can only request a free assignment that has less than 3 written reviews or pending requests on it. You can also do a buy-out, where you get 30% off the item. If you do a buy out, any current sales on the item are void of course, so it is only 30% discount. You can have 6 buy-outs at a time, and only one free assignment every 30 days. You do have to make sure you finish current assignments first of course. It is rather sad that the system sounds like it's changed so much, but there were people abusing it by what I've heard.

I hope you can still try out products, for it's always fun to try new things. You also do write reviews well, so I think you could be very helpful. Good luck!
10/18/2013
Slutty Girl Problems Slutty Girl Problems
Quote:
Originally posted by CinnamonNights
Welcome! It is unfortunate that the mentor program has stopped. I hear back from support tickets but its starting to seem like I just get responses about an item I bought. The forums are quite helpful though, so feel free to ask questions on it. ...
Thanks so much for all the feedback!! It is definitely very helpful, especially for a new reviewer I didn't realize these forums existed for a long time, LOL, so I'm glad I finally found them! So glad to be a part of the community.

Thanks for all the info! That is very helpful. I was a bit confused from the pages, so glad to have the clear-up! I'm definitely looking forward to all the assignments and getting involved. I love this site because of all the community - such a fun aspect that sets it apart from the rest!

Thanks for reaching out!
10/18/2013
CinnamonNights CinnamonNights
Quote:
Originally posted by Slutty Girl Problems
Thanks so much for all the feedback!! It is definitely very helpful, especially for a new reviewer I didn't realize these forums existed for a long time, LOL, so I'm glad I finally found them! So glad to be a part of the community. ...
You're welcome! Also don't worry I didn't know about the forums either, I never paid any attention to the "play" tag. It doesn't really scream forums to me but turns out they're hiding in there. The community is pretty nice, I hope you have fun!
Feel free to message me or anything if you ever wanna chat or need anything!
10/18/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
I am glad I didn't miss anything or make a mistake, thank you! And you are welcome, I didn't want to come off as doing your job, but since you answer this question all the time (or variations of it, even in this same thread), I thought you ...
I'll never turn down an extra voice. I miss things sometimes, but I try my best to catch it all. You did good.
10/18/2013
Ansley Ansley
And as always, people can message me directly!
10/18/2013
charmedtomeetyou charmedtomeetyou
Also, I'm sure a bunch of reviewers, myself included, would be happy to read over reviews or answer any questions you have. I don't mind putting in my two cents on what should be included or what could be tweaked.
10/18/2013
Slutty Girl Problems Slutty Girl Problems
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
And as always, people can message me directly!
Thank you so much!
10/20/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'll never turn down an extra voice. I miss things sometimes, but I try my best to catch it all. You did good.
Thank you!
10/20/2013
afrye1987 afrye1987
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to say that I've been seeing some new names in the review admin and would like to welcome you all to EF and the Review Program.

If you have any questions, please (pretty please) don't hesitate to ...
sweet
10/20/2013
afrye1987 afrye1987
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
I have always been happy to help anyone with questions about the site and programs. I am willing to work with anyone who has questions or those who need a bit of extra help on the review writing, details to include and review styles.

This is ...
what is that?
10/20/2013
Slutty Girl Problems Slutty Girl Problems
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to say that I've been seeing some new names in the review admin and would like to welcome you all to EF and the Review Program.

If you have any questions, please (pretty please) don't hesitate to ...
I have a few questions, hoping someone may be able to help!

1. How do you add a toy to your "Favorites" to display on your profile?
2. How long do you have to write a review for a free product? For a buyout product?
3. I love the personal "stores" here, Can anyone open one? How so?
4. I bought a "Buy Out" assignment, but had to cancel the order (I got the wrong flavor item!) Now, it looks like I'm unable to "Grab it" again. Any suggestions?

Thank you for the help!!!
10/31/2013
CinnamonNights CinnamonNights
Quote:
Originally posted by Slutty Girl Problems
I have a few questions, hoping someone may be able to help!

1. How do you add a toy to your "Favorites" to display on your profile?
2. How long do you have to write a review for a free product? For a buyout product?
3. I love ...
1. link
2. About three weeks or so for assignments by what I've read, maaaybe four.
3. Not sure what you mean, unless if you mean the Classifieds- which anyone with an account can use if they activate the classifieds service and meet the requirements I think.
4. I dunno sadly, perhaps pm story
10/31/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by CinnamonNights
1. link
2. About three weeks or so for assignments by what I've read, maaaybe four.
3. Not sure what you mean, unless if you mean the Classifieds- which anyone with an account can use if they activate the classifieds service and meet the ...
For answer #1 by CinnamonDreams, you need to click on the "product search" in pink to be able to search for the products you want to add to your favorites.

2. I thought you had 30 days to write the review for the free assignment or a buyout. But extenuating circumstances happen and in those cases, just be sure to contact Stormy and let her know what's going on. Oh, and the system will not allow you to request any more assignments or buyouts until your current one(s) is complete.

3. I don't know if they are allowing new personal stores to open, but it's worth asking Stormy about that.
10/31/2013
Total posts: 89
Unique posters: 35