#AskEden - Is it ok to contact voters?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

#AskEden - Is it ok to contact voters?

SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
First off, let me apologize because I know this question has been asked before. I don't remember the answer and I've spent a while trying to find the thread with no luck.

Are we allowed to pm review voters with questions about their voting? For example, if a review gets mostly EU votes, then unexpectedly receives a "worth reading but not useful" or "not useful at all" vote, are we as reviewers allowed (in private and respectfully) to ask why?

Sometimes I receive a vote that is lower than expected and wonder what I could have done better or what that particular voter thought was missing.
08/13/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
sweetiejo sweetiejo
I have wondered the same thing, I choose not to though because sometimes I think the person is just pressing any button for the points. Especially if it is one random one.
08/13/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
First off, let me apologize because I know this question has been asked before. I don't remember the answer and I've spent a while trying to find the thread with no luck.

Are we allowed to pm review voters with questions about their ...
The general message we have been told is that such contact could be construed as harassment and is discouraged. Contributors are in no way required to justify their vote. If it is one aberrant vote, don't worry. It should have little if any impact on your review rating or contributor ranking.

If your interest is to receive constructive criticism on your review, I would suggest a mentor.
08/13/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
The general message we have been told is that such contact could be construed as harassment and is discouraged. Contributors are in no way required to justify their vote. If it is one aberrant vote, don't worry. It should have little if any ...
Ah. Yes, I could see how that would be considered harassing behavior. Best to just let it go it, it seems.
08/13/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
The general message we have been told is that such contact could be construed as harassment and is discouraged. Contributors are in no way required to justify their vote. If it is one aberrant vote, don't worry. It should have little if any ...
This is exactly it. I can't seem to find the official thread anymore. But this is what we were told.

What this boils down to is; do you want someone contacting you every time you vote not to their liking?

The answer is likely no because it's ridiculous to even be asked to explain why you voted a certain way. So it's best to ignore these votes completely. They happen to us all.
08/13/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
This is exactly it. I can't seem to find the official thread anymore. But this is what we were told.

What this boils down to is; do you want someone contacting you every time you vote not to their liking?

The answer is likely no ...
Of course, you are right. It was just completely unexpected and hurt my pride. Upon looking at the voter in question's profile, it looks like the vote they left me was pretty much random. That hurts a little less. Best to just ignore it.
08/13/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
I have thought about this before, and I think the best bet is just to ignore the negative votes.
08/13/2012
js250 js250
Just let it go--it is part of the policy to not harass others and it might put the voter on the defensive if you ask them.
08/13/2012
travelnurse travelnurse
I thinks it's ok to just let it go. Hopefully they won't vote on any more of your reviews.
08/13/2012
ghent529 ghent529
I'd just ignore that.
08/13/2012
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
I can't find the thread either I searched for it but it has been said that you aren't suppose to contact the voter's. I have had several votes that I didn't agree with but that is the thing not everyone will find everything useful or extremely useful. Just keep at it I have seen a few contributors who do go to people's profiles asking why they down voted, I personally don't.
08/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
We prefer that you don't contact people outside of the review comment section when it comes to voting. It's a subjective thing and no one should be required to explain their choices.
08/13/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
We prefer that you don't contact people outside of the review comment section when it comes to voting. It's a subjective thing and no one should be required to explain their choices.
Thanks, Stormy. I'll just be letting it go.
08/13/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
This is exactly it. I can't seem to find the official thread anymore. But this is what we were told.

What this boils down to is; do you want someone contacting you every time you vote not to their liking?

The answer is likely no ...
It seems that the original thread has been deleted. I used to have it bookmarked and it's now gone.
08/13/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
It seems that the original thread has been deleted. I used to have it bookmarked and it's now gone.
That would make sense. I wonder why it would be deleted. That is something we use as a reference.
08/14/2012
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 10