Do editors still have their reviews edited?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Do editors still have their reviews edited?

MidnightStorm MidnightStorm
A friend and I were discussing it recently and realized we have no idea... If you become an editor, does someone else still edit your reviews?
10/27/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
K101 K101
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightStorm
A friend and I were discussing it recently and realized we have no idea... If you become an editor, does someone else still edit your reviews?
No. Once someone has came so far as to be an editor, they are EXPECTED to know how to write their own reviews with proper spelling/grammar. However, that is not to say they will do so properly. But to asnwer your question, no editors do not have to have editors edit their reviews. For SexIs articles, however, it's different. I have been an editor (a few rotations ago) and although I've written 100 something reviews, 3 articles and am a mentor and editor (when back in rotation), my articles for SexIs do have to go through an editor, but I like that.
10/27/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by K101
No. Once someone has came so far as to be an editor, they are EXPECTED to know how to write their own reviews with proper spelling/grammar. However, that is not to say they will do so properly. But to asnwer your question, no editors do not have to ...
Unless the program changed, this is not exactly correct. To qualify as a review editor, you must have a minimum rank of 5.1. However, auto-publishing reviews does not start until a rank of 5.5. I didn't see anything in the proofreading program guidelines that mention auto-publishing anymore, so it very well may have been changed.
10/27/2012
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Unless the program changed, this is not exactly correct. To qualify as a review editor, you must have a minimum rank of 5.1. However, auto-publishing reviews does not start until a rank of 5.5. I didn't see anything in the proofreading program ...
You're right, Kindred, and no, it hasn't changed. Because of the difference in ranking requirements, you can be an editor and still have your own reviews going to the task market for editing.
10/27/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
Some of them SHOULD though. I have found some editors to be terrible, either while editing other reviews or just those that don't have their reviews edited due to their rank and they really should.
10/27/2012
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Geogeo
Some of them SHOULD though. I have found some editors to be terrible, either while editing other reviews or just those that don't have their reviews edited due to their rank and they really should.
Well, that's why you should rate these people poorly and they should be bounced from the system. It isn't really a necessary topic for discussion - just rate them poorly and hopefully they'll be dealt with. Sadly, I haven't seen this happen - the reason being that only new applicants are being accepted, and not necessary does someone being new mean that they are qualified to edit a review.
10/27/2012
Mwar Mwar
I think it would be cool to have an option to have your reviews edited, even after the 5.5 threshold. It's easier to edit someone else's work as opposed to your own (I think, anyways).
10/27/2012
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Well, that's why you should rate these people poorly and they should be bounced from the system. It isn't really a necessary topic for discussion - just rate them poorly and hopefully they'll be dealt with. Sadly, I haven't seen this ...
The selection process is different this time around, which should help . And any time you find a review that's been edited poorly, please don't hesitate to send it my way.
10/27/2012
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
The selection process is different this time around, which should help . And any time you find a review that's been edited poorly, please don't hesitate to send it my way.
How so?
10/29/2012
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
How so?
There's now an editing test that's required after submitting an application, and so this round there's a mix of both previous and new editors.
10/29/2012
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
There's now an editing test that's required after submitting an application, and so this round there's a mix of both previous and new editors.
How strange, I submitted an application recently and didn't have this test. Is the test only given when the person is already accepted? I like that method though, hopefully that has helped substantially.
10/30/2012
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
How strange, I submitted an application recently and didn't have this test. Is the test only given when the person is already accepted? I like that method though, hopefully that has helped substantially.
Did you submit one EdentTasks review editing, or for SexIs article editing? Once you submit an application for EdenTasks, the test is sent out with the acknowledgement of your application (within a week of applying) - it's phase 2 of the application.
10/31/2012
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
Did you submit one EdentTasks review editing, or for SexIs article editing? Once you submit an application for EdenTasks, the test is sent out with the acknowledgement of your application (within a week of applying) - it's phase 2 of the application.
I don't really remember, actually. I will try reapplying, see how it goes. Thank you for the information, Sammi, I really appreciate it! Happy Halloween, also!
10/31/2012
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
I don't really remember, actually. I will try reapplying, see how it goes. Thank you for the information, Sammi, I really appreciate it! Happy Halloween, also!
Please do

And Happy Halloween!
10/31/2012
KrissyNovacaine KrissyNovacaine
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
Did you submit one EdentTasks review editing, or for SexIs article editing? Once you submit an application for EdenTasks, the test is sent out with the acknowledgement of your application (within a week of applying) - it's phase 2 of the application.
Thanks for clarifying this!
11/01/2012
Kenneth Fort Kenneth Fort
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightStorm
A friend and I were discussing it recently and realized we have no idea... If you become an editor, does someone else still edit your reviews?
It probably depends on how good an editor they are.
11/02/2012
Total posts: 16
Unique posters: 9