HELP! Panic issue with editing

P'Gell P'Gell
I've already tried to get hold of Sammi and can't. I know she's really busy, but I can't figure out what I've done wrong.

I went to the Task Market. I chose and then locked a review. When I went to "Proofread review" it bumps me back to MY own reviews without the review I need to edit.

I have no idea what I did wrong. I don't think I did anything wrong. Why can't I see the review I need to edit?

Anybody? Help? Please? (Trying hard not to freak out.)
09/20/2011
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
Don't freak out. If you look at that particular task's user profile you'll see that person is still a student under a mentor. I don't know why this person's reviews are ending up in the task market, but they are. Sammi is aware of it. If you'll just release it and let her deal with it all will be well.
09/20/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Don't freak out. If you look at that particular task's user profile you'll see that person is still a student under a mentor. I don't know why this person's reviews are ending up in the task market, but they are. Sammi is aware of ... More
Thank you for addressing this. I don't understand. I have to look myself to see if she has a mentor? If so, I have to unlock the review?

I'm still confused.
09/20/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Thank you for addressing this. I don't understand. I have to look myself to see if she has a mentor? If so, I have to unlock the review?

I'm still confused.
There's absolutely nothing that you can do about it. It has to be handled by Sammi. I just took it upon myself to investigate the situation when I tried to edit one of the previous reviews from that user. I sent Sammi a message about it yesterday morning but if no one releases the review back into the market, she can't get to it.
09/20/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
There's absolutely nothing that you can do about it. It has to be handled by Sammi. I just took it upon myself to investigate the situation when I tried to edit one of the previous reviews from that user. I sent Sammi a message about it yesterday ... More
OK, I found her. She has a mentor. So, that means I can't do the edit and have to release it? *sigh* It says nothing about that anywhere I can find. What am I missing? This means I finally found a review to edit and I have to unlock it.

09/20/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
OK, I found her. She has a mentor. So, that means I can't do the edit and have to release it? *sigh* It says nothing about that anywhere I can find. What am I missing? This means I finally found a review to edit and I have to unlock it.

... More
Correct. It's just a weird glitch with the review/task programs not talking to each other. I've watched it over the past 24 hours and it's been locked and unlocked about six times. But, like I said, if someone holds onto it without releasing it back into the market then Sammi can't address the issue. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is with this particular user's reviews at this moment in time.

Don't worry, there will be others to grab.
09/20/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Correct. It's just a weird glitch with the review/task programs not talking to each other. I've watched it over the past 24 hours and it's been locked and unlocked about six times. But, like I said, if someone holds onto it without ... More
It happens when a student becomes advanced while in class. I've had it happen a few times to me and I asked JR about it. It is super frustrating.
09/20/2011
Kindred Kindred
I posted in the other thread, but the glitch has nothing to do with her having a mentor. If a review is submitted for editing and that reviewer subsequently becomes advanced, the task glitches until that reviewer logs into the site and their status updates to reflect that they are now advanced. Once that happens, those tasks will become available.
09/20/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I posted in the other thread, but the glitch has nothing to do with her having a mentor. If a review is submitted for editing and that reviewer subsequently becomes advanced, the task glitches until that reviewer logs into the site and their status ... More
If she's submitted two reviews over the last week one would think she's been logged in to do so, therefore her status would have updated and the glitch would not be an issue. I got ahold of both of her reviews on the first go round and both were glitched and submitted several days apart.
09/20/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
If she's submitted two reviews over the last week one would think she's been logged in to do so, therefore her status would have updated and the glitch would not be an issue. I got ahold of both of her reviews on the first go round and both ... More
Unless it's a different set of reviews we're talking about. Previously there were 4 reviews at the top from the same person.
09/20/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
I think it's been dealt with now. From what JR said it's out of the Editor system.

Now, we wait some more.
09/20/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Thanks, people.

I'm chill now, y'all.

Thank you to all who helped.
09/20/2011
Pixel Pixel
lol. I had the same task I tried to review with the exact same results. *cue panic, then me trying different things before going 'screw it' and releasing it for someone else to try to fix*
09/20/2011
leatherlover leatherlover
This happened to me last week on the very first one I tried to do. I just released it, and it hasn't happened to me again.
09/20/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I posted in the other thread, but the glitch has nothing to do with her having a mentor. If a review is submitted for editing and that reviewer subsequently becomes advanced, the task glitches until that reviewer logs into the site and their status ... More
The only time I've seen it happen is when the person has a mentor. Reviews should go straight from the student to the mentor instead of into the task market, but when they become advanced, it glitches.
09/20/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
The only time I've seen it happen is when the person has a mentor. Reviews should go straight from the student to the mentor instead of into the task market, but when they become advanced, it glitches.
To be a little clearer, in this specific case it was because the user asked to be voted to advanced while still under a mentor, received the necessary votes and then never logged back in.

However, I do have to wonder if the reviews were really out there for a month for this particular user (as the submission date seems to indicate) why no one bothered to message an administrator about the situation. The entire thing could have been avoided a month ago.
09/20/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
To be a little clearer, in this specific case it was because the user asked to be voted to advanced while still under a mentor, received the necessary votes and then never logged back in.

However, I do have to wonder if the reviews were ... More
For me at least, the answer is because JR previously stated that the situation would correct itself once the person logs in again. This has happened multiple times previously. The fact that this particular person had not logged in for over a month is what makes this an exception added to the fact that this occurred during the time that editors were switched.
09/20/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
For me at least, the answer is because JR previously stated that the situation would correct itself once the person logs in again. This has happened multiple times previously. The fact that this particular person had not logged in for over a month is ... More
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I mean, it didn't bother me. Once I had it in my hands and knew what was up, I released it and messaged an admin. I just hate for others to go through that situation.

Might be a good idea to get that FAQ rolling like you suggested!
09/20/2011
Total posts: 18
Unique posters: 6