Reviewing an item

Chaotic Rantings Chaotic Rantings
I got a deny on an item today that I wanted to do for review. I fully understand the reasoning behind it. What I am wondering is, if we want to do reviews for Eden, do we HAVE to select a particular item? Do they have a way to just randomly send you an item for an assignment? For instance, will a item that is up for grabs to review ever pop up and you can click on it if you would want to try it and write about it?
08/22/2011
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
If it's an Eden sponsored assignment it has to be in your price range and it has to be a product with less than three reviews.

If six people submitted a request for that very product at the same time you did, then it's a first-come-first-serve situation.

To find assignments for reviews go to "Account", click on "Review Program", click on "Product Search", click "Free Assignment", set the price range on the drop downs, then select "products without reviews" and see what comes up.

If it was lingerie, it's always going to be denied and you can review that item as a buy-out assignment or purchase the item at regular price and do a review. Just go to the product page, click "Grab It" and then submit request. It just adds the product to your cart.
08/22/2011
Chaotic Rantings Chaotic Rantings
It was for the Crystal Anos. It could be discontinued, and there are no reviews on it.

But what I am asking is, does Eden ever ask you if you would want to try something? Is there a list of items that are available for review rather than me having to individually click on random items and then reviews to see if there is 3 reviews on it?

And thank you for answering so quickly Sapphire
08/22/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic Rantings
It was for the Crystal Anos. It could be discontinued, and there are no reviews on it.

But what I am asking is, does Eden ever ask you if you would want to try something? Is there a list of items that are available for review rather than me ... More
No problem, Chaotic.

Select users do receive surprise assignments in their assignment cart. For right now, the best way to find items to review is the way I described above by using the product search in the review program tab. Or to search for something in a category you're interested in and see how many reviews it has.

I know the ANOS was recently used as a "Name That Toy" game, so a few reviewers may have snapped it up and you were just last in line.

If you really want it, do a buy-out review for it. You'll get 30% off the list price.

And don't forget---you can only have (1) open assignment at a time. (Unless, they're buy-outs and then I think the limit is (6) items.)
08/22/2011
Chaotic Rantings Chaotic Rantings
Okay, got ya. Thanks again so much
08/22/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic Rantings
Okay, got ya. Thanks again so much
Awesome. If you need anything else, I'll be happy to help. I know it can be really confusing sometimes. Joining the mentor program really helps to clear up some of the little intricacies that are specific to Eden and the programs run here. A list of mentors is on the bottom of the page on the Community News tab---it's on the right of your user profile. JR would be an exceptionally wise choice as he happens to be the admin assistant for the review program.
08/22/2011
Chaotic Rantings Chaotic Rantings
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Awesome. If you need anything else, I'll be happy to help. I know it can be really confusing sometimes. Joining the mentor program really helps to clear up some of the little intricacies that are specific to Eden and the programs run here. A ... More
Haha mental note made. Yeah I was just reading up about that but didn't have time to go through all the stuff on it. I'll do that now since I am not doing anything else.
08/22/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic Rantings
Haha mental note made. Yeah I was just reading up about that but didn't have time to go through all the stuff on it. I'll do that now since I am not doing anything else.
Good deal! Welcome to Eden, by the way. And happy shopping!
08/22/2011
Total posts: 8
Unique posters: 2