Jelly is an unsafe material because it may contain pthalates, which are toxic and can cause a reaction as well as negative long-term effects on your body. Jelly toys are also porous, meaning that it may retain bacteria and can not be fully sterilized.
My honest opinion is that your not going to be eating them for dinner or keeping it inside you all day everyday so as long as you clean between uses or even use a condom on the toys made from jelly I dont see any worries in using it. Its not going to turn you into a mutant or anything I have many jelly toys and love them all.
I agree with read my lips. Some of the best dildos I have owned have been jelly. When I was in college and was broke, I only could afford jelly toys. I have always cleaned my toys well, with antibacterial soap and warm water. Just take care of that, don't share them unless you use a condom!
Why are they bad? Seriously. I don't even know. I keep seeing "Ew Jelly" and "Bad material" But WHY is it bad? D:
I like jelly toys because many of the are squishy and fun. To protect yourself from some of those questionable chemicals, you can use toy covers or condoms. Has anybody ever checked what's all in tampons? I don't think many even know or care what's in a tampon, people just all assume it's safe for insertion. I don't think major companies would risk their reputation and get a bad name by putting something out there that's real bad.
-soft & flexible
-wide range of colors & textures
-because of all the above, it's an easy way to experiment to find what you like & dislike.
-toxic or questionable chemicals - Ingredients not disclosed or regulated! Nobody knows everything that's in them as there are many different chemical recipes.
-If they touch other jelly materials in storage, they react with each other & melt into a pile of goo.
-Not long lasting - The surface starts to decompose over time.
If you do decide to buy one, I'd highly recommend wearing a condom or toy cover & at the very least, clean carefully using an unscented antibacterial soap,(like Hibiclens), or a 10% bleach solution. If used anally, devote that toy to exclusive anal use. And watch the surface over time! If you notice it's becoming dull, that means it's breaking down & you can't clean it safely, so toss it.
IMO, with all the other, safer options that can be found nowadays, why risk it? I HIGHLY recommend you research the topic & make a more informed decision than you can make just by visiting here. Below are some links to info on the topic:
link (--please, if nothing else, watch the video from Smitten Kitten owner on this page!!)
When I bought and used my first jelly toy, I always found that it left me with a burning feeling in my vagina. I thought it was just that "stretching" feeling you get when you use a toy that's too girthy for you, but it wasn't that girthy.
Then I did my research and found out that my jelly rabbit was actually giving me a chemical burn in my vagina.