normal wear from use

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

normal wear from use

trios trios
we bought a dildo not too long ago made of silicone- Vixskin. We have used it several times ~ 5. I notice that there is some wearing around the head area specifically which I think is normal wear from friction.

Does anyone have dildos that wear down at certain areas as well? I would think that they would have about the same around the edges from use?
09/04/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Envy Envy
Huh that's odd.... Make sure you're not using silicone lubes with the toy or anything that might break down the material. I have real soft silicone toys (from other companies) and I haven't had any problems.
09/04/2010
trios trios
Quote:
Originally posted by Envy
Huh that's odd.... Make sure you're not using silicone lubes with the toy or anything that might break down the material. I have real soft silicone toys (from other companies) and I haven't had any problems.
Yes, we use water based lube only. It is a thick toy so I'm sure it gets lots more pressure than a thinner one.

Do you have any wear on any of your toys at all?
09/04/2010
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by trios
Yes, we use water based lube only. It is a thick toy so I'm sure it gets lots more pressure than a thinner one.

Do you have any wear on any of your toys at all?
Interesting. My vixskin toy, Lonestar, doesn't show wear and I've used it many times. Only on Mr Softee, a soft rubber dildo, do I see signs of wear.
09/04/2010
Envy Envy
Quote:
Originally posted by trios
Yes, we use water based lube only. It is a thick toy so I'm sure it gets lots more pressure than a thinner one.

Do you have any wear on any of your toys at all?
Nope. Just a clear TPR toy I have is somewhat cloudy on the tip, but other than that, nothing at all.
09/04/2010
trios trios
Tuesday- even on back of the head there is no wear?

Perhaps I should take a picture of it and sent it to Vixskin? I'm wondering if it will continue to wear even more? Dont want to be picky if its normal...
09/04/2010
Envy Envy
I don't see why not about contacting and asking them what's up. Some companies even offer to replace the product. Doesn't hurt to at least send an e-mail their way, ya know?
09/04/2010
ScottA ScottA
I have never seen wear on a silicone dildo from normal use. If the silicone in a properly made toy is wearing down I shudder to think what the surface of the body part in contact with that silicone would be like - owch!

Constant rubbing against clothes or something else abrasive would cause a bit of wear in a soft toy (hence the Mr. Softee problem), but that should be the only issue. Could storage be causing your problem?

Edit - not sure about the Mr. Softee problem I had it confused with Mr. Right, the VixSkin packing dildo.
09/04/2010
trios trios
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottA
I have never seen wear on a silicone dildo from normal use. If the silicone in a properly made toy is wearing down I shudder to think what the surface of the body part in contact with that silicone would be like - owch!

Constant rubbing ...
No, I store it open to air in my closet behind hanging clothes (such as winter gear). I do notice that new silicone products from Vixskin are shiny and as they age they get matte in color. I had another thread about care for them, such as cornstarch, etc. but to my knowledge there is nothing else to do other than keep them dry.

I looked at it again and it is in one spot on the head, just mild really. It makes me wonder if making a fuss about it is warrented really, but I just wanted to know if they all do that. It has not torn or anything like that, so functionally it is the same.
09/04/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by trios
Tuesday- even on back of the head there is no wear?

Perhaps I should take a picture of it and sent it to Vixskin? I'm wondering if it will continue to wear even more? Dont want to be picky if its normal...
It couldn't hurt and might help vixskin improve their toys. Perhaps they have heard of this and have some suggestions how to prevent it!
09/04/2010
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
I would definitely contact VixSkin and at least let them know. They do have a lifetime guarantee on their products.

Not too long ago, I also acquired a VixSkin dildo. But I have not noticed any wear on the head at all. I keep it in its original plastic clamshell container (I got the Johnny -- it has balls, so it does not fit into the typical cylindrical tube in which VixSkin products are typically packaged). I do know that, being soft silicone, VixSkin IS prone to deformation by any external pressure that may be applied to it during storage.
09/04/2010
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by trios
Tuesday- even on back of the head there is no wear?

Perhaps I should take a picture of it and sent it to Vixskin? I'm wondering if it will continue to wear even more? Dont want to be picky if its normal...
My Lonestar has no wear at all. I've used it dozens of times. Let us know what Vixencreations says if you send them a pic.

As for Mr Softee, the top of the veins on it aren't shiny anymore. I'm not sure its worn down more than just a thin top layer.
09/05/2010
SydVicious SydVicious
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
I would definitely contact VixSkin and at least let them know. They do have a lifetime guarantee on their products.

Not too long ago, I also acquired a VixSkin dildo. But I have not noticed any wear on the head at all. I keep it in its ...
Yeah, VixSkin recommends storing the toy in the tube AND standing it up so that it doesn't damage to toy.
09/05/2010
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 7