Toys Melting Why?

kandy anjel kandy anjel
kandy anjel
Related to: 
Why is it when some of my toys touch in storage, some of them actually melt even tho its not hot where they are stored?
06/21/2013
  • Add More Pleasure to Your Collection! Buy 1 Vibe, Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
eri86 eri86
What materials are they? Silicone toys shouldn't touch, for same reason you don't use silicone lube on silicone toys.
06/21/2013
wwwww wwwww
Are they jelly toys by any chance? Jelly toys have a tendency to ooze or melt even if it's not hot out.
06/21/2013
Nezzie13 Nezzie13
I suggest you read this blog post, and then this one, then throw those out! If that doesn't convince you, have a look at this video (safe for work, just talking)
06/21/2013
Nezzie13 Nezzie13
Quote:
Originally posted by eri86
What materials are they? Silicone toys shouldn't touch, for same reason you don't use silicone lube on silicone toys.
100%, pure silicone toys can touch with no problems, especially if made by the same manufacturer. That belief came about from observing products labelled silicone that really weren't, or were a silicone blend. The lube issue is a bit trickier. See this blog post for a really well written discussion of silicone sex toys.
06/21/2013
ICEE ICEE
Wow i never thought of them "melting" interesting
06/21/2013
Master DarkWolf Master DarkWolf
Some materials do, especially if they touch certain other materials. Even some silicone toys can melt, at least that's what I read a few times online.
06/21/2013
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Master DarkWolf
Some materials do, especially if they touch certain other materials. Even some silicone toys can melt, at least that's what I read a few times online.
Yep I was always worried about that too, until I started to store only compatible materials together, and if you are worried about the temperature then your casual ziploc bags do wonders!
06/21/2013
ScottA ScottA
Quote:
Originally posted by Master DarkWolf
Some materials do, especially if they touch certain other materials. Even some silicone toys can melt, at least that's what I read a few times online.
Some silicone toys + some silicone lubes don't mix (the silicone in the lube attaches itself to the silicone in the toy making a gunky mess), but silicone toys do not interact with other silicone toys if they're 100% silicone and made properly. All of my toys are safe materials (glass, fabric, hard plastic, silicone, metal), and I toss them in a box together. Have been doing it for years with no problems.

Tantus also stores their toys unprotected in bins - again, no problems.
06/22/2013
Lioncub Lioncub
I use Ziploc bags for everything but my glass just to be on the safe side. Had a few that melted and it was not a pretty sight.
06/22/2013
edeneve edeneve
I don't want to spend extensive time researching which products are safe to store together so I just simplify the whole issue. I store everything separately in a pouch, original packaging, or a baggie. plus, I never use silicone lube w/ any silicone toy - I'm not willing to take any manufacturer's promise that it's safe since I don't the accuracy of those statements.. and I never use oil based lubes based on all the questionability of it's safety.
06/22/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by Nezzie13
100%, pure silicone toys can touch with no problems, especially if made by the same manufacturer. That belief came about from observing products labelled silicone that really weren't, or were a silicone blend. The lube issue is a bit trickier. ... More
This is great stuff, and adds fuel to my concerns about the CalEx Couture Collection Liberte 2, as noted in my review of same.
06/25/2013
Kodie Kodie
I never knew that toys could melt.
06/26/2013
GirlyGirlRed GirlyGirlRed
Certain materials can melt if they touch each other. This is why you should always try to separate them.
06/28/2013
caramilk caramilk
Quote:
Originally posted by wwwww
Are they jelly toys by any chance? Jelly toys have a tendency to ooze or melt even if it's not hot out.
aw gross D: i didn't know this
07/04/2013
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 14