Have you had a silicone lube reaction?

Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
I know we tote that silicone lube and toys don't make best friends, but I was wondering if anyone actually had a silicone based lubricant react to a silicone toy.
12/20/2008
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Not me personally, but a former partner accidentally killed a traditional silicone vibe by mixing it with silicone lube one too many times. I assume the damage is similar to what you'd see in jelly deformation.
12/20/2008
Bulma Bulma
Nope, but I only test my high quality lubes (Pink and Eros) on high quality silicone toys (Tantus products so far). I do tend to prefer water based too though, so my use of silicone lube is somewhat limited.

I know Jimbo Jones has made mention of silicone lube reacting with a VixSkin toy.
12/20/2008
Liz2 Liz2
I don't use silicone lube too often 'cause most of my toys are silicone. My experience with silicone lube with other toys is ok but it is a pain to clean...both from the toy and me.
Silicone toys are great but silicone can react negatively with other silicone products , even other silicone toys. The material has "bubbled" in places from a chemical reaction.
12/23/2008
Jimbo Jones Jimbo Jones
Quote:
Originally posted by Bulma
Nope, but I only test my high quality lubes (Pink and Eros) on high quality silicone toys (Tantus products so far). I do tend to prefer water based too though, so my use of silicone lube is somewhat limited.

I know Jimbo Jones has made ... More
Yes, I put silicone lube on the VixSkin Tex and it seemed to cause some deformation. I quickly washed it of with soap and water to stop the interaction. I did it in a small area close to the base on the underside, so it isn't really noticeable. I think the softness of the VixSkin material is what makes it susceptible to interactions with silicone lube. Odd thing is, I didn't observe the same problem with the O2 Niagara that I tested in a similar fashion. I have not had a problem with any of the other 100% silicone toys I have tried.
12/23/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones
Yes, I put silicone lube on the VixSkin Tex and it seemed to cause some deformation. I quickly washed it of with soap and water to stop the interaction. I did it in a small area close to the base on the underside, so it isn't really noticeable. I ... More
What are some of those other toys?
12/23/2008
Jimbo Jones Jimbo Jones
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
What are some of those other toys?
I have tested Toko Silicone Lube and System Jo Anal Silicone Lube on the following toys:
Tantus Niagara, Tantus Acute, Jollies Bandito, Happy Valley's Big Billy Down, Tantus Buzz 2, Fun Factory's Cavalier, Tantus Compact, Tantus Elements-Pi, Tantus Feeldoe Slim, Tantus G-Force, Vixen Creations Johnny, LB Trading's Nexus O, Tantus P-Spot, Tantus ProTouch, Tantus Ripple Small, Tantus Ryder, Tantus Severin, Tantus Sherbet, Tantus VIP, Vixen Creations Tex.
I can't say that I always test them, but I try to make a habit out of it.
12/24/2008
Epiphora Epiphora
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones
I have tested Toko Silicone Lube and System Jo Anal Silicone Lube on the following toys:
Tantus Niagara, Tantus Acute, Jollies Bandito, Happy Valley's Big Billy Down, Tantus Buzz 2, Fun Factory's Cavalier, Tantus Compact, Tantus ... More
Hah -- you rule Jimbo. Would you say it's safe to use silicone lube with any Tantus toy then?
12/24/2008
Avery Dragon Avery Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by Epiphora
Hah -- you rule Jimbo. Would you say it's safe to use silicone lube with any Tantus toy then?
As the Tantus company states, all of their toys, aside from the O2 Revolution, O2 Niagara, and their stroker are safe with high grade silicone lubricants. i personally used Pjur back door anal lubricant on the echo, and noticed the material near the base for lack of better terming, flaked off. upon washing it the area near the base seemed to loose its smoothness and rubbing on it, small flakes of silicone would come off, leaving a smooth surface again. I think it's because the silicone had additives in it that it lost its ability to work with the toy
12/25/2008
Jimbo Jones Jimbo Jones
Quote:
Originally posted by Epiphora
Hah -- you rule Jimbo. Would you say it's safe to use silicone lube with any Tantus toy then?
In my experience, the Tantus toys are very high quality and when used with high quality silicone lubricants without any additives it is safe. I would still suggest a quick check for yourself before going nuts with anything, but if your desire is to use a silicone toy with silicone lubricant, Tantus and a lube without any additives are good choices to make.
12/29/2008
dreamspell dreamspell
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
I know we tote that silicone lube and toys don't make best friends, but I was wondering if anyone actually had a silicone based lubricant react to a silicone toy.
yah i just recieved a silicone lube and had a horrible reaction to it wasnt fun by any means and stung horribly
02/09/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Ha, so I accidentally used some silicone lube with my VixSkin Spur and am bumping this. If this thing is going to react, what should I be looking for?
09/29/2010
ScottA ScottA
An immediate gummy build up that doesn't go away. I've had temporary "welts" form on my toys that go away after a day or so (doesn't count) and the usual hard clean-up (also doesn't count).
09/30/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottA
An immediate gummy build up that doesn't go away. I've had temporary "welts" form on my toys that go away after a day or so (doesn't count) and the usual hard clean-up (also doesn't count).
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm having a hard time determine of this gummyness is a reaction or if the toy was already sticky-ish. Probably the former. Fuck. )=
10/01/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Ha, so I accidentally used some silicone lube with my VixSkin Spur and am bumping this. If this thing is going to react, what should I be looking for?
Oh no! I almost did this a few times too. Went for my fave silicone lube without thinking.

I know that it depends on the firmness of the silicone and since I don't have the toy you are talking about, I don't know the density but...

It will get gummy/gooey like ScottA said. I also heard it was not reversible and it makes the silicone act much like a jelly would if next to another jelly toy. Same idea for a reaction. It can also cause deformities.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! That would be a beautiful toy to ruin
10/01/2010
Liz2 Liz2
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm having a hard time determine of this gummyness is a reaction or if the toy was already sticky-ish. Probably the former. Fuck. )=
It happened to me just once, an expensive lesson with a VixSkin dil. It became gummy, yes sticky, unattractive and I never used the toy again.
For me it was just being careless...
10/01/2010
Total posts: 16
Unique posters: 10