Heartbroken about my lube

P'Gell P'Gell
As many people know, I have been RAVING about Sliquid Ride H2O for over a year. It hasn't burned me, I don't have increased UTIs or yeast infections from it. My Man likes it. It's thick enough to last and last during anal sex, as it's great for PIV and toys.

I bought a new bottle, as we were nearly out. The ingredients I was used to (and are still listed on the Eden site) are: Purified Water, Plant Cellulose, Polyquat 007, DMDM Hydantoin.

I got the lube in the mail. It was called "Sliquid Water Based Dude Lube" and the ingredients were: Water, Plant Cellulose, Guar Conditioner and Potasium Sorbate. Thinking it was a mistake, as the original ingredients were still listed as "Sliquid H2O Ride" I submitted a support ticket. Brandon was as sweet as could be, sent me a new bottle. It arrived and I was excited to see the box.... until I opened it. It was "Dude Lube" again. I was sad, worried, stressed and upset. I shot off an other support ticket with my frustration showing.

While waiting for a response I contacted Sliquid. It turns out ALL their lubes with Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin were changed to the other ingredients, and "Sliquid Ride H2O is no more, replaced with water based "Dude Lube."

I apologized to Brandon (as he did the best he could.) I know there are over 50,000 products on the site, and they can't get to changes immediately, but now I feel not only my original review for Sliquid H2O Ride is moot, but I have NO idea what I'm going to do for lube.

I'm sensitive. I get infections easily. I need something that lasts a long time and protects during anal sex and marathon sex sessions.

I've tried other lubes and nothing is as good as now discontinued Ride H2O.

I'm whinging. I have no idea what I'm going to use, not to mention not wanting to use points after I just put in a big order and am short of them. I could try the "Dude Lube" but, I'm scared. I thought about the Organics Gel and I have heard it doesn't last long during anal and marathons. I mean 45 minute to more than hour long thrusting sessions, in addition to toy play and everything else.

I'm at a loss. I'm really missing my old H2O Ride, and I needed to vent.

It isn't Eden's fault, but I feel I wanted to know the ingredients before I purchased the lube I thought was as it always was.

Sad face. Not to mention soon-to-be chaffed naughty bits.

Now what?
03/13/2012
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
js250 js250
Sorry about that, it seems like whenever there is a great product it gets discontinued. Maybe you could try some samplers, either here from Edens or from a local adult store if you have one in your area. I have a strange allergy with some glycerine mixes and my husband has irritations and burning with certain levels of citric acid, so I definitely understand. I wish you luck and hope you find a solution to your lube question. Keep us posted! Maybe you could submit a support ticket and revise your original review to include this info? Good luck, if I come across one that worked good for both of us, I will let you know. Right now we have his and hers.
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
Sorry about that, it seems like whenever there is a great product it gets discontinued. Maybe you could try some samplers, either here from Edens or from a local adult store if you have one in your area. I have a strange allergy with some glycerine ... More
Thanks. I've tried a number of lubes and am sensitive to parabens, glycerin, menthol, flavorings, anything that "cools" "warms" or "tingles" and any lube that isn't rock bottom no-frills. I need a THICK lube with few ingredients (I do not like herbs and stuff in my lube and aloe tastes like shit, IMO) and a lube that lasts a long time w/o reapplication. I FOUND that lube, and now it's gone.

I'm in mourning.

Thanks for caring.
03/13/2012
JessCee JessCee
I don't care about lube at ALL, but I'm feeling for you. Everything else I like gets discontinued... and it SUCKS! I don't like change, and it's like I have to change everything I use because shit gets discontinued!!!

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for alternatives, but here's a hug?

Hopefully you can find some somewhere and stock up! Or maybe you'll try the "Dude Lube" (I dislike that name btw) and you won't have any negative reactions!
03/13/2012
indiglo indiglo
I hate it when that kind of thing happens! And I never understand why they do that kind of stuff - it was fine for a really long time, so why does the company think they need to go and mess with something that is well received for such a long time?

They did the same thing to my shampoo recently, and I had a good whine too. And shampoo isn't nearly as important as lube, because you can always just switch shampoos. Can't say the same for lubes, especially when you have sensitivities.

Sure hope you can find another one you'll like as well.
03/13/2012
Illusional Illusional
I am kinda not feeling the name of the lube, but... maybe it's good stuff?

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by JessCee
I don't care about lube at ALL, but I'm feeling for you. Everything else I like gets discontinued... and it SUCKS! I don't like change, and it's like I have to change everything I use because shit gets discontinued!!!

I'm ... More
Thank you.
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by indiglo
I hate it when that kind of thing happens! And I never understand why they do that kind of stuff - it was fine for a really long time, so why does the company think they need to go and mess with something that is well received for such a long ... More
Thank you. Sliquid says they changed formulas (and for some reason didn't tell anybody) because the new formulas are "natural." Really, WTF does that mean? Cyanide is "natural." That doesn't make it good for you.

I don't wanna go on an other lube search and get infections while I look! (sob)

("Jeez, is that woman on the rag or something?" "YEAH, I AM What's it to you?" Yes, I'm a whining, miserable mess, OTR with a cold. I just want my H2O Ride back....and now my husband caught my cold, so nobody's having any sex...)
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
I am kinda not feeling the name of the lube, but... maybe it's good stuff?

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Thanks, honey. I could try it. I'm not likin' the name, either. Bleh. Seriously? "Dude Lube?" UG.

What a pathetic thing to whine about. The sad, pathetic lives of middle class people in 1st World countries, y'know?

Thanks for the hug, Illusional.
03/13/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Unfortunately, if the company doesn't let us know about a change in product, this is the only way we find out!

I'll pass word to our Product person and ask them to check it out. Well, if anything, your husband has a new stroker lube to try out? If it's thick enough, you could have a new anal lube? If anything, I'm sure you can come up with a new use...waste not, want not.
03/13/2012
Ciao. Ciao.
That's a big bummer, I am definitely someone who if I find a product I really like is pretty disappointed when it gets discontinued. Hope you can find something that will work for you. I feel for you!
03/13/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
I think the Sassy Booty is one ingredient off from the old Ride H2O, but I might be mistaken. We have a Ride H2O and the Sassy and hubby says he can't tell the difference between them. But then, he's not very particular. I use the Sassy version because I like the pink bottle. lol I'm vain. You might want to try that since it's likely not to cause infections and is probably super similar (if not exactly the same) to the Ride.
03/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Hey! What about Sliquid Sassy?
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Unfortunately, if the company doesn't let us know about a change in product, this is the only way we find out!

I'll pass word to our Product person and ask them to check it out. Well, if anything, your husband has a new stroker lube ... More
Thanks, JR. All the Sliquid lubes with Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin were changed to other ingredients.

We use it mostly for anal, anyway, but I don't know these new ingredients, and am scared. Also, we do use our lubes for toy play and PIV sometimes. He's just given in to using lube to jerk (he realized he gets a lot less chaffed with a lubricant) so it will be great for that. I hope it works as well as the old H2O Ride.
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Hey! What about Sliquid Sassy?
Sliquid Sassy is changed as well, to the same ingredients in Dude Lube. I thought about that, but the Sliquid site made it clear, ALL lube containing Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin are long gone.

Thanks anyway, though.

Sliquid should have let Eden know, though.
03/13/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Sliquid Sassy is changed as well, to the same ingredients in Dude Lube. I thought about that, but the Sliquid site made it clear, ALL lube containing Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin are long gone.

Thanks anyway, though.

Sliquid should ... More
ACK. Well now we can both FREAK out because that's what I use. The new Sassy better be just as good as the old Sassy or I'm gonna have a FIT.
03/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Sliquid Sassy is changed as well, to the same ingredients in Dude Lube. I thought about that, but the Sliquid site made it clear, ALL lube containing Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin are long gone.

Thanks anyway, though.

Sliquid should ... More
And every other company that they sell products to....


Here's my concern, when I'm looking at my labels, I don't see either of those ingredients. So I really don't understand what the issue is, can you explain so I can understand what I may be missing?

Oh to clarify, I've never seen them on my labels and I've been using Sliquid for a year.
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
And every other company that they sell products to....


Here's my concern, when I'm looking at my labels, I don't see either of those ingredients. So I really don't understand what the issue is, can you explain so I can ... More
If you used to use Sliquid HwO Ride or Sassy Booty Formula, they both contain Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin. It still says the lubes contain these ingredients on the Eden Website. But, when you get the new bottles, the ingredients have changed, and Sliquid confirmed it for me. The NEW Dude Lube (no more Ride H2O) and Sassy Booty NOW contain; Water, Plant Cellulose, Guar Conditioner and Potasium Sorbate.

You have to either look on a new bottle or go to the Sliquid site, because the ingredients on the Eden site still have the old ingredients, but the PRODUCTS do not.
03/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
If you used to use Sliquid HwO Ride or Sassy Booty Formula, they both contain Polyquat 007 and DMDM Hydantoin. It still says the lubes contain these ingredients on the Eden Website. But, when you get the new bottles, the ingredients have changed, and ... More
I'm looking at my Sassy booty right now and it's not on the label. It's the same bottle (albeit empty) that I got when I wrote this review: link

That was in August of last year. Those two ingredients, in the bottles I've purchased then and thereafter, were never included. I don't get it, but I guess I'm not supposed to. Ha! Oh well.

But, I'm sorry you have to ultimately find a new lube.
03/13/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm looking at my Sassy booty right now and it's not on the label. It's the same bottle (albeit empty) that I got when I wrote this review: link

That was in August of last year. Those two ingredients, in the bottles I've ... More
They changed the formula a few months ago. It was long after August of '11. My old bottle of Ride H2O says the old ingredients, too. The one I got last week is different, and it was confirmed by Sliquid.



Here is the new page for Sassy. It has the new ingredients on it. link
03/13/2012
Beck Beck
Oh no! I feel for you! I hope you find something that works well for you. I don't have any suggestions for you because I don't use much lube.
03/13/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
As many people know, I have been RAVING about Sliquid Ride H2O for over a year. It hasn't burned me, I don't have increased UTIs or yeast infections from it. My Man likes it. It's thick enough to last and last during anal sex, as it's ... More
Any chance that Sliquid has old inventory or could point you to a vendor that does? I understand that companies need to make changes but I resent when they don't warn or inform customers.
03/19/2012
DanaG DanaG
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
As many people know, I have been RAVING about Sliquid Ride H2O for over a year. It hasn't burned me, I don't have increased UTIs or yeast infections from it. My Man likes it. It's thick enough to last and last during anal sex, as it's ... More
you can go to their website directly (sliquid.com/store) and get the Ride H20 you loved. It's the same formula, they just added a slightly different product that some stores are replacing your "ride" lube with because the ingredients are slightly more natural.
01/03/2013
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 12