I probably have a lube bottle stuffed in between my couch cushions, cuz there's lube all over the place around here. We use a different lube for almost every different purpose. for example:
- General lube is liquid silk. If I had to reduce to just one, that would be it. I love love love liquid silk.
- Oil based lube for Anal sex. We even use it for anal with condoms, but in this instance the condom is only serving as a quick cleanup tool (it's not like condoms dissolve on contact with oil lubes, but they get immediately more permeable with respect to viruses and sperm, so it should be noted that this is for anal within a fluid bonded couple).
- Husband uses cheap, pumptop, glycerine based lube for jerking off, because it recharges so wonderfully over and over and over again with the addition of water.
- I keep very particular flavored lubes around for handjob+toyjob+blowjob s on my husband. I don't mind if they contain glycerin because in this instance the activity does not include vaginal penetration type sex, and thus I am more concerned about the ingredients being foodsafe (stricter regulations than cosmetic safe, which is the standard benchmark for lube ingredients). Plus, as mentioned, glycerin recharges with water extremely well.
- Small bottles of glycerin free water based lubes for use at playparties (because they're universal)
- Silicone lube for those rare times I'm playing with toys that are not silicone. I don't like to use silicone lube for vaginal sex (the resulting silicone slick on my thighs bugs me), and I find it too thin for anal.
In case you're wondering why anyone would be so particular about lubes...I am a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry so I get off on this kind of stuff.