Glass or Steel?

Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
I don't have either of these, as they tend to be on the pricier end for the most part. I've got quite a few points and gift cards saved up though, and I'm thinking of splurging. Which material do you like better?

If you have a particular toy that you LOVE, that is either glass or steel, please let me know in the comments!
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Glass
AngelvMaynard , eggiweg , padmeamidala , Peggi , 12345678 , Miss Nessa , -BillD , Stagger13 , bayosgirl , zeebot , geliebt , married with children , Eva Schwaltz , dhig , Lucky21 , mizzmilla , A Woman And Her Wand , tlaskowski , Mihoshi4301 , LavenderSkies , cburger , CutieKayla , Beck , LoveDrunk , Diabolical Kitty , Vancouver Guy , Maxx , ninja250 , Kabachu , BobbiJay , Brandonn , SilverMinxxx , fufucat , richsam , Sohotdinosaur
35  (73%)
Steel
DeliciousSurprise , SexyTabby , ToyTimeTim , Stinkytofu10 , llellsee , Gunsmoke , Lummox , Clandestine , JackRaiden , potstickers , OroNomi , MamaDivine , Funtastic
13  (27%)
Total votes: 48
Poll is closed
11/14/2011
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
csweatc csweatc
Right now I only have glass, but I'm going to get a pure wand some point soon. I also have ceramic and Acetal, and polypropylene which are also all unyielding. For P-spot-Gspotting something hard is always nice, and gives a decidedly different sensation than squishy silicone. Glass and Stainless are nice (as is ceramic) because they are so easy to clean and sterilize, and they're nice for temperature play. Steel is the heaviest of the bunch and noticeably heavier than glass is, and glass does still have a nice amount of heft to it. Aside from weight, cost is the other big factor. While you can spend as much or more on glass dildos as you can on metal, you can also get some very reasonably priced glass dildos that are much more affordable than stainless.
11/14/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
We have both and love both. The Alumina Flow, Pure Wand and Eleven are all metal and top notch performers - but we also have 4-5 glass toys that we use with great regularity. Metal will not break and it heats up quickly for those cold winter nights.

Glass has a great feel for hot summer days - but can also be warmed using a heating pad in winter.

I don't see how you can go wrong - happy hunting
11/14/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
We have both and love both. The Alumina Flow, Pure Wand and Eleven are all metal and top notch performers - but we also have 4-5 glass toys that we use with great regularity. Metal will not break and it heats up quickly for those cold winter ... More
Are either one of them going to be any good for me if I'm a really big fan of vibration?
11/14/2011
Miss Nessa Miss Nessa
I'm crazy about glass. I haven't really try something steel. Hopefully I will soon.
11/14/2011
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
I'd like the try the Njoy line.
11/14/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessa Taboo
Are either one of them going to be any good for me if I'm a really big fan of vibration?
My wife was really a 'vibe' gal. Then she learned that with a dildo (glass, steel or silicone) inside while using a clit vibe made her orgasms much stronger. As she explained it - she likes something to squeeze.

The only non vibrating toy to bring to orgasm is the Pure Wand. The unique curved shape makes manipulating it quite easy.

Graduate school of penetration - recently we started adding anal penetration creating even more pressure and bigger orgasms!
11/15/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
My wife was really a 'vibe' gal. Then she learned that with a dildo (glass, steel or silicone) inside while using a clit vibe made her orgasms much stronger. As she explained it - she likes something to squeeze.

The only non vibrating ... More
Yes, it's amazing what that will do. I just finished my review of the LIberator BonBon, which we bought for double penetration, and it was one of the hottest experiences we've had by far.
11/15/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessa Taboo
Yes, it's amazing what that will do. I just finished my review of the LIberator BonBon, which we bought for double penetration, and it was one of the hottest experiences we've had by far.
Yes - I read your review and it was awesome!
11/15/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Yes - I read your review and it was awesome!
Thanks!
11/15/2011
bayosgirl bayosgirl
I only have glass, two pieces right now--the Gold Laced G and the Amethyst. They are both wonderful. I recommend trying glass if you haven't already. I am tight, and neither toy is uncomfortable in the least. Just make sure you stay on the small side. Not all the glass toys are expensive--both of mine were under $25 each.
11/16/2011
married with children married with children
I only have glass, and not steel at this point in time. looking to add some steel toys some time soon.
11/16/2011
Eva Schwaltz Eva Schwaltz
I have lots of glass, and I love them all. Not sure about steel, I think it would be too heavy.
11/16/2011
Lucky21 Lucky21
Glass, like it more.
11/16/2011
mizzmilla mizzmilla
Anything glass is wonderful
11/16/2011
A Woman And Her Wand A Woman And Her Wand
My only glass.is the rainbow nubby wand that I got as part.of the friend deal for $7.50. I love it as an anal toy, but it hurts vaginally. I don't own any steel...yet, but I want an Njoy plug so bad!
11/17/2011
A Woman And Her Wand A Woman And Her Wand
Quote:
Originally posted by A Woman And Her Wand
My only glass.is the rainbow nubby wand that I got as part.of the friend deal for $7.50. I love it as an anal toy, but it hurts vaginally. I don't own any steel...yet, but I want an Njoy plug so bad!
I lied, I have 2 glass. I also have a tatted wand, also fairly cheap (less than $10) as a friend deal, but I haven't used.it yet. Just got it a few.days ago. I'll have to try it today for review.
11/17/2011
tlaskowski tlaskowski
glass
11/19/2011
Mihoshi4301 Mihoshi4301
I've only had glass so far, but I've liked it pretty well.
11/19/2011
LavenderSkies LavenderSkies
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessa Taboo
I don't have either of these, as they tend to be on the pricier end for the most part. I've got quite a few points and gift cards saved up though, and I'm thinking of splurging. Which material do you like better?

If you have a ... More
Glass, so beautiful.
11/21/2011
Collogue Collogue
I want to try metalworx evvvverything. also the wands look quite delicious! I would love to get a dozen glass toys and have them lounge around my desk/table as art--so many of them are incredibly gorgeous
12/06/2011
Tessa Taboo Tessa Taboo
Well, I have my first glass toy, and I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, but I already want more because it's just so pretty!
12/06/2011
Clandestine Clandestine
Steel! It's so durable, so I only need worry about whatever I drop it on should gravity win a battle with me.
At the same time, glass is so pretty and there are so many interesting colours and textures with which steel does not present. I'm always astounded at the beauty of the Moon Plug, for example.
12/06/2011
Beck Beck
I love my glass, but I hate not had the pleasure of steel yet! It is on my next list.
12/06/2011
LoveDrunk LoveDrunk
Glass doesn't seem quite as cold as steel does. Steel to me, at least, feels so icy and rigid. Burrrr.
12/06/2011
Diabolical Kitty Diabolical Kitty
Glass is great. I haven't tried steel yet!
12/06/2011
Maxx Maxx
Quote:
Originally posted by Tessa Taboo
I don't have either of these, as they tend to be on the pricier end for the most part. I've got quite a few points and gift cards saved up though, and I'm thinking of splurging. Which material do you like better?

If you have a ... More
i have neither and want neither but i guess id rather have glass unless it broke....
12/14/2011
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
I love my glass, but I hate not had the pleasure of steel yet! It is on my next list.
Update: I have my first Steel toy and I do have to say it is right up there with glass. The steel is great for temperature play! It is very weighty, so it gives more of a full feeling. So I am going to have to say I am converted to steel! Glass is still great, but I have a new favorite material as of the moment.
12/14/2011
ninja250 ninja250
glass
  •   (1)
    This is unacceptable / Against the Expectations of Conduct
01/21/2012
Brandonn Brandonn
I like my girls to use glass toys. Much warmer and prettier.
01/21/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 33
Unique posters: 25