Jelly

~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Spectra gel beaded anal vibrator review
Related to: 
What do you think is the average life of jelly toys before you have to toss them? Do you have a set time limit on them? For me, about a year is the life span. After that its toss time. Personally I hate jelly and no longer buy it.
07/02/2009
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
What do you think is the average life of jelly toys before you have to toss them? Do you have a set time limit on them? For me, about a year is the life span. After that its toss time. Personally I hate jelly and no longer buy it.
No one?
07/31/2009
Valyn Valyn
Lauren, just wondering... why did you post SO MANY topics at once? Couldn't you have condensed it all somehow? Or made a to-post list and spread it out a little? It's just a bit much all at once. *shrug*
08/01/2009
Epiphora Epiphora
Jelly should be tossed after 6 months. Or never bought in the first place.
08/01/2009
Liz Liz
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
No one?
It doesn't seem like you really put a lot of thought into these posts, which might explain why you're not getting as many/any responses. You have something like fifteen topics posted on the first page of the forum right now, and some of them are resurrected from several months ago after not getting any responses the first time around. I agree with Valyn, it's a little much. I think your posts might provoke more discussion if there were fewer of them and they were a little more detailed/involved.

Just a thought.
08/01/2009
Danzig ate your mother Danzig ate your mother
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
It doesn't seem like you really put a lot of thought into these posts, which might explain why you're not getting as many/any responses. You have something like fifteen topics posted on the first page of the forum right now, and some of them ... More
Ditto.

I'm with Liz and Valyn. I mean, I understand that you want people to read your reviews... But I'm not sure that posting a dozen topics full of nothing but vague questions/comments and links to said reviews is the best way to do it. In fact, it seems that the most you are accomplishing is annoying other forum users. (o_O)
08/01/2009
Oggins Oggins
Hmm, I'm confused and you seem to be contradicting yourself. You say in this post that you hate jelly and don't buy it anymore but on your profile the "Four Ear Bunny Vibe" is your top favorite thing. Are you aware that it is none other than jelly? So which is it?
08/01/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Valyn
Lauren, just wondering... why did you post SO MANY topics at once? Couldn't you have condensed it all somehow? Or made a to-post list and spread it out a little? It's just a bit much all at once. *shrug*
Not really understanding the need for your question. I post them as they see fit. Don't like it? Then I think you are missing the point of the forum.
08/01/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Oggins
Hmm, I'm confused and you seem to be contradicting yourself. You say in this post that you hate jelly and don't buy it anymore but on your profile the "Four Ear Bunny Vibe" is your top favorite thing. Are you aware that it is none ... More
Are you a3ware that the jelly rabbit 4 ear bunny vibe was my FIRST toy. That would make logical sense. You may want to look at all the info first before inquiring into something.
08/01/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
It doesn't seem like you really put a lot of thought into these posts, which might explain why you're not getting as many/any responses. You have something like fifteen topics posted on the first page of the forum right now, and some of them ... More
I don't really care if people respond. It's for other to discuss because we get posts for that. You are only hurting yourself by not responding. It does not hurt me at all.
08/01/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Are you a3ware that the jelly rabbit 4 ear bunny vibe was my FIRST toy. That would make logical sense. You may want to look at all the info first before inquiring into something.
This post was 1 month ago...that review was almost 2 years ago...
08/01/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Danzig ate your mother
Ditto.

I'm with Liz and Valyn. I mean, I understand that you want people to read your reviews... But I'm not sure that posting a dozen topics full of nothing but vague questions/comments and links to said reviews is the best way to do ... More
I don't post them so people read my reviews. And I wasn't even aware that it linked them to my review. So you are mistaken. If you don't like it, ignore it. Simple as that.
08/01/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Epiphora
Jelly should be tossed after 6 months. Or never bought in the first place.
Thanks for being the only person to actually answer the question.
08/01/2009
Laura Ricklin Laura Ricklin
I have to respond to this topic. I would never buy a jelly toy, but everyone has a preference. I feel jelly is just so unsanitary and they should all be thrown out. Todays consumers want a quality, safe, long lasting toy and manufacturers like Tantus, Cal-Exotics,Papaya and Nob Essence take that to heart. I guess when it comes to posting you can ask what you want and hope in the end to get an informed response, a forum is a place where others can also voice their opinion.
08/02/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Laura Ricklin
I have to respond to this topic. I would never buy a jelly toy, but everyone has a preference. I feel jelly is just so unsanitary and they should all be thrown out. Todays consumers want a quality, safe, long lasting toy and manufacturers like ... More
I agree. I don't think we should even be making things that are so harmful, but it is hard to control what is made over sees and at cheap prices it is what is being imported unfortunately. There are companies now that "recycle" these toxic toys. Have you looked into it?

And I also agree about the purpose of a forum.
09/29/2009
Laura Ricklin Laura Ricklin
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I agree. I don't think we should even be making things that are so harmful, but it is hard to control what is made over sees and at cheap prices it is what is being imported unfortunately. There are companies now that "recycle" these ... More
You are right about some of the products that are made overseas. I have researched and read about the recycling of toxic toys and really support it. One of the reasons we make ceramic toys is that the clay is from the earth and in the end goes back to it without any adverse effects. Hopefully no one breaks a ceramic toy and it is able to serve it's purpose for a longtime
09/30/2009
Champagne and Benzedrine (Roland Hulme) Champagne and Benzedrine (Roland Hulme)
My wife's favorite toy is a jelly rabbit - it's held up for three years, but we only ever use it with a condom over it.
09/30/2009
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Champagne and Benzedrine (Roland Hulme)
My wife's favorite toy is a jelly rabbit - it's held up for three years, but we only ever use it with a condom over it.
That's not good. That thing is probably harboring a lot of bacteria!
12/29/2009
Darling Dove Darling Dove
I don't see how that will matter if they clean it properly and use a condom with it?
I really hate the taboo about jelly and everything that's not silicone or some hard material. I think it's a load of crap, honestly. There are varying qualities of jelly, and while the kinds that 'sweat' freak me out I have to say that overall I dont have an issue with jelly toys. I have some toys that I LOVE that are jelly, because they are so soft and have a nice texture to them. I do think some of them need to be replaced, but I also know that I clean them obsessively and keep them contained between cleanings so I really don't worry.
12/29/2009
acessorie acessorie
I only like the jelly on occasion and always sterilize it afterwards. Any anal play and it gets protection and then sterilized.
07/30/2011
Princess-Kayla ♥ Princess-Kayla ♥
Jelly seems gross.
08/26/2011
mandaj mandaj
great info!!! had no idea all tht bout jelly toys
11/29/2011
Cherry21 Cherry21
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Not really understanding the need for your question. I post them as they see fit. Don't like it? Then I think you are missing the point of the forum.
yay!! go lauren!!
12/05/2011
Collogue Collogue
Jelly seems gross.... by touch, sight, smell, everything.. The only thing good about it I suppose is the price but it's so totally not worth it
12/06/2011
Clandestine Clandestine
I've never bought a jelly toy. I've never encountered the substance knowingly.
I prefer to keep it that way.

Because of the toy's porosity, I would likely dispose of it within a very short period of time if using it anally without a condom. I mean, you can't really clean them. It grosses me out, for lack of a better phrase.

If you're covering them, I think they should be good for a while longer... From what I've heard, though, a jelly toy will likely melt or phase into an alternate state of matter if you look at it the wrong way.
12/06/2011
RxL00 RxL00
maybe a yr or 2
06/08/2012
Total posts: 26
Unique posters: 16