Grapefruit Afterglow outside of sampler?

DustBunny DustBunny
Little afterglow sampler
Related to: 
I really love the citrus smell of grapefruit and was excited to see the sampler had it in there, but can't find it in a larger size. Am I just missing it somewhere or is it not carried yet?

Also does anyone have experience with the grapefruit, is it sweeter smelling or true to the fruit?
11/02/2010
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by DustBunny
I really love the citrus smell of grapefruit and was excited to see the sampler had it in there, but can't find it in a larger size. Am I just missing it somewhere or is it not carried yet?

Also does anyone have experience with the ... More
It's pretty sweet. I have the sampler and although I like grapefruit to eat, the candle is probably the strongest smelling of the package.

It's not bad, just really strong. It does smell like grapefruit, but sweet.

I can't say enough about this sampler. I have to get the Absinthe and Sugar Water scent. I have to see if Eden has it. My Man and I have been having a good time with this.
11/02/2010
DustBunny DustBunny
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
It's pretty sweet. I have the sampler and although I like grapefruit to eat, the candle is probably the strongest smelling of the package.

It's not bad, just really strong. It does smell like grapefruit, but sweet.

I can't ... More
I think I saw that in a larger size. Not sure how to take that it's strong, I love the smell of grapefruits but overpowering scents can bother my allergies.

Does the Absinthe and Sugar water smell like liquorish? I know that anise is similar to that and have not experience with the drink it's self.
11/02/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by DustBunny
I think I saw that in a larger size. Not sure how to take that it's strong, I love the smell of grapefruits but overpowering scents can bother my allergies.

Does the Absinthe and Sugar water smell like liquorish? I know that anise is ... More
I don't have the absinthe and sugar water yet. I don't care for anisette that much, but some say absinthe has a lemon like taste.

I have an obsession about absinthe (despite never having used it) and I would like to find out. I wish it was included in the sampler.

As for "Strong" I found the Grapefruit strong, I have chronic pain and migraines, so I'm bothered by a LOT of scents. But from reading reviews, I knew the candles in this collection were not overpowering.

I talk a little about it in my video. It's only available on EdenTube right now, (the link is at the top of the page) because the written review isn't published yet. Assignment are reviews by the Editor before they are published, unlike stuff we chose ourselves, which is posted right away.

Link to Sampler Video
11/03/2010
Owl Identified Owl Identified
I also have this set and I found the grapefruit scent to be the most mild, along with the cucumber water. As I understood it, Jimmyjane divided the categories up more or less by their (perceived) complexity and sophistication. Cucumbers and grapefruits are more common and accessible than rare and expensive truffles and fine bourbons. It was my observation that the two scents I just mentioned were more familiar and simpler scents that were intended to be the "safe" scents. I found that the bourbon and truffle scents were the strongest and most headache-inducing in my personal experience, and assumed many people would have a similar experience.

This just shows how subjective a thing taste is though! And allergies will correspond, I suppose! That's why this sampler is so great though. I really disliked the bourbon, but really liked the truffle and grapefruit. So now I know what I might like to invest in if I make another purchase. I know that P'Gell mentioned in her review that the lotus was her favorite and that she found the fruit scents cloying. So now she knows to steer clear of those in the future. Kinda cool, right? We're all so different, which is why it rocks to have a couple of different opinions on every review, especially with something as subjective as scent.

Also, @ P'Gell I loved reading your review after writing mine. Such a neat experience as someone that's particularly interested in taste!
11/04/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I also have this set and I found the grapefruit scent to be the most mild, along with the cucumber water. As I understood it, Jimmyjane divided the categories up more or less by their (perceived) complexity and sophistication. Cucumbers and ... More
Thank you, It's interesting what will produce headaches in some people. Fake Vanilla is a killer for me, but after putting it off, I finally opened my Dark Vanilla and found it was much less intense than I thought it would be. I like the cucumber, but could take or leave the Grapefruit, that's the one most likely to trigger a headache for me. The "Kink" scents, (Truffle and Gardenia and Bourbon) didn't bother me at all. I liked them a lot.

Interesting.
11/04/2010
DustBunny DustBunny
I just noticed that you can get a larger size of grapefruit off the Jimmyjane site and also noticed they now have a gingersnap scent. I think that one is turning my temptation that way. I'd really love to get the sampler, but am also interested in the gingersnap scent for the holidays. It's a scent that he and I both like, so maybe I can put it in his kinky stocking in hopes he gets the far from subtle hint. That or I'll just put it in mine.
11/15/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by DustBunny
I just noticed that you can get a larger size of grapefruit off the Jimmyjane site and also noticed they now have a gingersnap scent. I think that one is turning my temptation that way. I'd really love to get the sampler, but am also interested ... More
Ooo. A "Kinky Stocking." That's a good idea.

I like that. My Man and I could have "Kinky Stockings" for the gifts we don't want to open in front of the family.
11/15/2010
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
Quote:
Originally posted by DustBunny
I think I saw that in a larger size. Not sure how to take that it's strong, I love the smell of grapefruits but overpowering scents can bother my allergies.

Does the Absinthe and Sugar water smell like liquorish? I know that anise is ... More
The Absinthe and Sugar water is a slightly sweet, green scent. Not heavy on the anise and very pleasant, very uni-sex. Not at all like actual absinthe, to my nose.
11/15/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
The Absinthe and Sugar water is a slightly sweet, green scent. Not heavy on the anise and very pleasant, very uni-sex. Not at all like actual absinthe, to my nose.
I agree - it has a very pure sweetness to it and a green herbal-ness, but nothing flowery.
11/15/2010
DustBunny DustBunny
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
The Absinthe and Sugar water is a slightly sweet, green scent. Not heavy on the anise and very pleasant, very uni-sex. Not at all like actual absinthe, to my nose.
Thank you, I've never been a huge fan of the liquorish smell, so when I read the title I thought "Not sure if I want that." But it's good to see that's not the case.
11/16/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
The Absinthe and Sugar water is a slightly sweet, green scent. Not heavy on the anise and very pleasant, very uni-sex. Not at all like actual absinthe, to my nose.
MMMM. I can't wait.
11/16/2010
Kiwi Kiwi
interesting product.
12/15/2010
Shhhitsasecret Shhhitsasecret
Quote:
Originally posted by DustBunny
I really love the citrus smell of grapefruit and was excited to see the sampler had it in there, but can't find it in a larger size. Am I just missing it somewhere or is it not carried yet?

Also does anyone have experience with the ... More
I think it is quite true to the fruit! Very spot on in my opinion
09/03/2011
cocomo cocomo
these are huge little candles love em'
10/30/2011
Missmarc Missmarc
I like the grapefruit smell, but it is strong and sweet.
11/23/2011
hpnotiqserenity hpnotiqserenity
Quote:
Originally posted by Missmarc
I like the grapefruit smell, but it is strong and sweet.
Is the smell over-powering?
12/05/2011
curious kitten curious kitten
I love sample size anything that smells. Instead of checking one fragence at a time, over a long period of time. I get to check them all at once and then pass on any I don't like to a good friend to try out too.
03/15/2012
Beautybyme Beautybyme
Quote:
Originally posted by DustBunny
I really love the citrus smell of grapefruit and was excited to see the sampler had it in there, but can't find it in a larger size. Am I just missing it somewhere or is it not carried yet?

Also does anyone have experience with the ... More
to me not at all but my hubby said yes sweeter
06/13/2012
Total posts: 19
Unique posters: 12