Toi bock won't open!

SMichelle SMichelle
The original toibocks
Related to: 
I've had the (now discontinued) Toi Bock since around December. Up until now, I haven't had a problem, but now... I can't get it open!

I'm very, very upset about this, as the box currently contains my absolute favorite toys, as well as a fairly large sum of cash. I've been trying for an hour to get the box to open, but no luck.

Help?!
08/08/2012
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
El-Jaro El-Jaro
How is it stuck? Is the latch blocked? Is it over-full?
08/08/2012
ToyGeek ToyGeek
It's a magnetic lock, right? Try moving it to another location in case something external is interfering.

You also might want to skim the reviews, I seem to recall someone else having a problem -- look for one of the negative reviews.
08/08/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
How is it stuck? Is the latch blocked? Is it over-full?
I'm not exactly sure why it's stuck. I can hear the little lock clicking when I go to unlock it -- the lid just will not lift up, no matter how hard I pull. I've tried wiggling it, holding it upside down, pushing down on it and then to unlock it, pulling it off at an angle...everything I can think of (besides smashing it -- but I don't really want to do that because it contains some really nice glass items).

I don't think that it's stuffed full -- but that's certainly a possibility.
08/08/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
It's a magnetic lock, right? Try moving it to another location in case something external is interfering.

You also might want to skim the reviews, I seem to recall someone else having a problem -- look for one of the negative reviews.
I read that review, and no luck.

I even found one of the maker of the toibocks comments on how to get it unlatched when it becomes stuck, but that just doesn't seem to be helping . As toibocks aren't being made anymore, I don't think she's on the site anymore...but I sent her an email looking for help, anyway.

I'm just really pissed, because it has like $500 in it, that I really NEED out of it asap.
08/08/2012
Kindred Kindred
Not sure it will help, but her profile page has a Twitter and Facebook account listed: link. You could try contacting through those as well. Their website is no longer active.
08/08/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
I had this problem with mine. I took a flat head screwdriver to it. I placed in in the crease right by the magnet. This opened it with hardly any damage to the box. Unless you know it's there, you don't even notice the little chip in the wood it caused.
08/08/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Not sure it will help, but her profile page has a Twitter and Facebook account listed: link. You could try contacting through those as well. Their website is no longer active.
Thanks, Kindred. I'll try sending her a message there, too.
08/08/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
I had this problem with mine. I took a flat head screwdriver to it. I placed in in the crease right by the magnet. This opened it with hardly any damage to the box. Unless you know it's there, you don't even notice the little chip in the ... More
I'll try that... fingers crossed that it works!

I don't think I'll be storing anything else that I actually care about in there again... too much panic when it won't open.
08/08/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
I'll try that... fingers crossed that it works!

I don't think I'll be storing anything else that I actually care about in there again... too much panic when it won't open.
You could try placing something very thin between the screwdriver and box to try and prevent damage to the wood. I'm not sure how much room there is, but you could try something like sliding a dime under the screwdriver head.
08/08/2012
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Wow sorry to hear that this has happened. I hope you get it open and get your valuables out of it. No wonder it is no longer on the site.
08/08/2012
XxFallenAngelxX XxFallenAngelxX
Here is to hoping that you got it open!
08/14/2012
satinlady550 satinlady550
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
I've had the (now discontinued) Toi Bock since around December. Up until now, I haven't had a problem, but now... I can't get it open!

I'm very, very upset about this, as the box currently contains my absolute favorite toys, as ... More
Wow! Hopefully you can get it open. I would have just taken a hammer to it..
08/15/2012
Amber Sweet Amber Sweet
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
I've had the (now discontinued) Toi Bock since around December. Up until now, I haven't had a problem, but now... I can't get it open!

I'm very, very upset about this, as the box currently contains my absolute favorite toys, as ... More
wow, that sucks. I'm nervous about mine now
08/17/2012
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Did this ever get opened?
08/17/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
Did this ever get opened?
I ended up having to more or less having to break it. Nothing else I did would work... No clue what in the world was causing it to get stuck, as it turns out that there wasn't really anything stuck in it. It just... wouldn't open.

I'm still pretty upset about having to break it... that box was expensive, and I had it for less than a year! It still looks decent, but... the whole reason I bought it was because it locked. And now I can't put the shelf in, because if I do... it'll get stuck. Oh well.
08/17/2012
Total posts: 16
Unique posters: 9