Have you ever broken skin with a vibrator?

- Kira - - Kira -
Eek! Today I was using my Fairy and broke skin on my clit! I pull my hood back so it was actually ON my clit. (I saw on another poll that not everyone does this. Maybe this is a sign to stop?) Has this ever happened to anyone else?? There was blood and everything. I didn't even notice because the Fairy is a bit on the numbing side. Can I have an official Clit O Steel badge now? lol
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
Yes.
22  (10%)
No.
194  (87%)
Other?
7  (3%)
Total votes: 223
Poll is closed
11/02/2011
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
It happens all the time when I use my plastic bullet. A warm shower/bath helps. I spread everything and just let the water hit it. It doesn't really speed up the healing process (and nothing really will, the vagina is the fastest healing place on your body other than your mouth), but it does feel really good.
11/02/2011
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
I don't think I ever have with a toy, no. But During sex, yes. And not rough sex either, just regular sex. I've never really had much blood on the outside, though. Just been really raw and sensitive and sore. Only blood came from internal and long fingernails.
11/02/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Eek! I don't think I've ever managed to do that before, but I think I'd be terrified if I did.
11/02/2011
sweetcaroline sweetcaroline
That's never happened to me before, but honestly, the hood is supposed to protect your clit since it's sensitive AND obviously fragile.
but, if you want to keep doing what you're doing, just lube it up.
11/02/2011
Kkay Kkay
Yeowch! I haven't done this, and it's scary to think of having happen.
11/02/2011
Elnoa Elnoa
I've never had this happen!
11/02/2011
indiglo indiglo
This has never happened to me, but I have gotten some minor trauma (tearing/bruising) to the vaginal opening before. It should heal really quickly, as Stormy said, because that area is amazing at healing itself.

I wonder if lube would help keep that from happening in the future?
11/02/2011
- Kira - - Kira -
No bath or shower right now since I'm at work but I'll do that as soon as I get home.

I've never really used lube with clit vibes before but I think I will going forward at least with the wands. I also have an attachment on order which might soften it up a little. I think the hard exterior might have been what did it.
11/02/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
No, I've never had this happen. Ouch. I have a certified Clit O Steel, but I've never broken skin with a vibrator.

I once accidentally got a torn urethra, but that was during a mammoth toy bash/fisting event. We've learned to be more careful. The funny thing was, I didn't even realize it until the next day. OW! It didn't take long to heal, but it scared me a little.
11/02/2011
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
No, I've never had this happen. Ouch. I have a certified Clit O Steel, but I've never broken skin with a vibrator.

I once accidentally got a torn urethra, but that was during a mammoth toy bash/fisting event. We've learned to be ... More
OUCH! That sounds awful!
11/02/2011
LQ LQ
I have a vibe with bumps on the bottom bit & gave myself a bit of a raw spot first time I used it. Just wasn't paying attention & got rubbed in the wrong spot.
11/02/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
OUCH! That sounds awful!
It didn't hurt all that much. The blood scared me a little though.

I hope yours heals quickly. Use some triple antibiotic ointment on it, and rest the area and it should heal quickly.
11/02/2011
- Kira - - Kira -
I had the raw spot issue from the We Vibe II. No lube and texture for extended sessions left me with serious vaginal brush burn. I couldn't walk straight for two days. I seem to get a lot of sex injuries. Hmm.

Is ointment safe for vaginal use? I have UTI/yeast infection sensitivity and I'm kinda hesitant to put anything like that down there.
11/02/2011
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
Eek! Today I was using my Fairy and broke skin on my clit! I pull my hood back so it was actually ON my clit. (I saw on another poll that not everyone does this. Maybe this is a sign to stop?) Has this ever happened to anyone else?? There was ... More
OUCH. Worse I have done is gotten a BRUISED inner thigh from a ruptured blood vessel when using my plug in ultra vibe.
11/02/2011
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
It didn't hurt all that much. The blood scared me a little though.

I hope yours heals quickly. Use some triple antibiotic ointment on it, and rest the area and it should heal quickly.
Honest advice. Better to use straight BACITRACIN single antibiotic, then triple antibiotic. Less prone to causing secondary infection and heals BETTER according to plastic surgeons. NONE of them ever seems to advise anyone to use the triple antibiotics. One more things, you can "research"....the Lidocaine (xylocaine) in the "pain relief" antibiotic creams and ointments may actually SLOW site healing. Ask your doctor about both those issues...just as a general "boo boo" treatment question, next time you see him or her.
11/02/2011
LQ LQ
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
I had the raw spot issue from the We Vibe II. No lube and texture for extended sessions left me with serious vaginal brush burn. I couldn't walk straight for two days. I seem to get a lot of sex injuries. Hmm.

Is ointment safe for vaginal ... More
I've never had problem using the triple-antibiotic (Neosporin or similar) in that area. Especially if you're sticking mostly to your clit area & don't go nuts getting a bunch inside you, I imagine it should be fine.

RE: Sex injuries. If you're ever going to have sex on really short carpet, toss down a blanket or something. Back full of rug-burn is one to avoid.
11/02/2011
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
No, I've never had this happen. Ouch. I have a certified Clit O Steel, but I've never broken skin with a vibrator.

I once accidentally got a torn urethra, but that was during a mammoth toy bash/fisting event. We've learned to be ... More
Mammoth toy bash/fisting event. WOW...our invitation to that event MUST have gotten lost in the mail!!!!

I am not sure I would have made this comment to just anyone....but I KNOW you have a sense of humor, dear P'Gell!!!! I hope life is treatin' you fair!!!!
11/02/2011
LQ LQ
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
Honest advice. Better to use straight BACITRACIN single antibiotic, then triple antibiotic. Less prone to causing secondary infection and heals BETTER according to plastic surgeons. NONE of them ever seems to advise anyone to use the triple ... More
Hrm, true. I know my first tattoo artist was big on Bacitracin vs. the triple stuff. Good suggestion.
11/02/2011
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
No bath or shower right now since I'm at work but I'll do that as soon as I get home.

I've never really used lube with clit vibes before but I think I will going forward at least with the wands. I also have an attachment on order ... More
Anything that vibrates can cause area inflammation and micro abrasions of the skin, thus, some sort of lube is never a bad idea, both as skin protectant and to spread the intensity over a larger area of skin, thus causing more pleasurable sensation.
11/02/2011
Nothere Nothere
Yeow! That must hurt! I've never had that happen to me!
11/02/2011
Rawhide Rawhide
No! Broken skin, like not just rubbed raw? That is crazy.
11/02/2011
LilLostLenore LilLostLenore
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Eek! I don't think I've ever managed to do that before, but I think I'd be terrified if I did.
agreed this made my vag and stomach kinda hurt reading about clit cuttage. oowww.
11/02/2011
LilLostLenore LilLostLenore
however ive gotten rug burn on my knees so bag from getting doggie style on the carpet that my knees started to bleed.
11/02/2011
- Kira - - Kira -
Yeah, actually broken. X.x

My doctor gave me the lidocaine for my brush burn incident so I'm surprised that it slows healing. Good thing I didn't go digging it out!

I have some regular bactrim for my son. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!
11/02/2011
Beck Beck
Yes it hurts!
11/02/2011
gingernicole gingernicole
ouch! That's never happened to me before. I suggest using more lube... lots of lube!!
11/02/2011
Talena Talena
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
No bath or shower right now since I'm at work but I'll do that as soon as I get home.

I've never really used lube with clit vibes before but I think I will going forward at least with the wands. I also have an attachment on order ... More
I don't like the harder attachments for fear it would tear me.
11/02/2011
Eva Schwaltz Eva Schwaltz
Owie, that hasn't happened to me. Glad it wasn't painful for you as it sounds like it would be.
11/02/2011
iLashe iLashe
ive torn my outer and inner labia a bit with toys and a partner but never my clit! I've definately played to the point of clit bruising for days though..
11/02/2011
Total posts: 137
Unique posters: 121