Purpose of hybrid lubricants?

dancer120 dancer120
Synergy hybrid lubricant
Related to: 
Out of curiosity, what is the point of having a lube use a hybrid silicone/water base? It seems like you'd get the worst of each without the benefits of either. Not as long lasting as pure silicone, but still incompatible with silicone toys and requiring more effort to clean than water-based. Is there a benefit of having a lube be a hybrid that I'm not seeing?
10/14/2012
  • Buy 1 Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
You may or may not be correct. The reviews I read suggest that you get the best of both worlds. I'm tempted to try it because they claim you can use it on silicone toys. Apparently there is just enough silicone to keep it from drying out like water-based - but enough to damage the toys.

It's on my wish list for my next order.
10/15/2012
dancer120 dancer120
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
You may or may not be correct. The reviews I read suggest that you get the best of both worlds. I'm tempted to try it because they claim you can use it on silicone toys. Apparently there is just enough silicone to keep it from drying out like ... More
Interesting. I didn't realize it was ok to use with silicone toys. That would at least change my thinking about it somewhat!
10/16/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by dancer120
Interesting. I didn't realize it was ok to use with silicone toys. That would at least change my thinking about it somewhat!
I've heard that at least one (Liquid Silk, I think) has caused reactions in silicone toys, so I'd say it's still wisest to patch test first.
10/16/2012
dancer120 dancer120
Quote:
Originally posted by Rin (aka Nire)
I've heard that at least one (Liquid Silk, I think) has caused reactions in silicone toys, so I'd say it's still wisest to patch test first.
Ok, well in that case good to know. Thanks!
10/17/2012
this looks amazing!@! :-) this looks amazing!@! :-)
lol!!! for real!
10/29/2012
Voldemort Voldemort
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
You may or may not be correct. The reviews I read suggest that you get the best of both worlds. I'm tempted to try it because they claim you can use it on silicone toys. Apparently there is just enough silicone to keep it from drying out like ... More
I think you meant, "but Not enough to damage the toys."
01/13/2013
Rawhide Rawhide
I have often said this about hybrids... but then again, the sex I have tends to involve silicone toys.

I can imagine that if you were having sex that didn't involve silicone toys AND you wanted something a bit less messy than pure silicone based but still a bit longer lasting than water based, THEN you might want to go with a hybrid. But even then, I still would recommend pure silicone because the performance supercedes any cleanup issues.
01/13/2013
Petite Cannibal Petite Cannibal
Quote:
Originally posted by dancer120
Out of curiosity, what is the point of having a lube use a hybrid silicone/water base? It seems like you'd get the worst of each without the benefits of either. Not as long lasting as pure silicone, but still incompatible with silicone toys and ... More
You could be or not be correct, but I wouldn't have used this anyways. :/
02/08/2013
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 7