Sqweel, you're confusing me...

l'amour l'amour
Sqweel oral sex simulator
Related to: 
So, I'm finally glad that Eden is carrying the Sqweel - I've been dying to get it! - but I'm a little confused. On the product page it says that it's made out of plastic for the case and TPR for the tongues, but I've read that the tongues are actually silicone.

I'm so confused! Which is it? Are they TPR or Silicone?
11/27/2011
  • Buy 1 Fetish Or Glass Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
toxie m toxie m
I've always heard that they're silicone, as well. At the b&m shop I work at we've always told customers that it's silicone, and the look and feel of the tongues is right for that to be true. I was confused too when I saw it listed as TPR
11/27/2011
Tripod95 Tripod95
Quote:
Originally posted by l'amour
So, I'm finally glad that Eden is carrying the Sqweel - I've been dying to get it! - but I'm a little confused. On the product page it says that it's made out of plastic for the case and TPR for the tongues, but I've read that the ... More
Ive heard they are silicone.
12/05/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
Someone should flame test them, does anyone have one?
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
We could ask Taylor, she doesn't like hers much... and it should be easy to test in an inconspicuous location.
12/05/2011
Taylor Taylor
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
We could ask Taylor, she doesn't like hers much... and it should be easy to test in an inconspicuous location.
I'd be happy to do a test. I'm not sure exactly how to do it though. Can I just hold a lighter up to it? I can take pictures after I do it too. Does TPR melt? I don't think silicone is supposed to, but then again I have never tried.
12/05/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
I'd be happy to do a test. I'm not sure exactly how to do it though. Can I just hold a lighter up to it? I can take pictures after I do it too. Does TPR melt? I don't think silicone is supposed to, but then again I have never tried.
I've heard that better-made TPR silicone sometimes will pass a flame test, but TPR won't, as far as I know. Pure silicone shouldn't react at all.

I don't know if there's any melting to expect, though... perhaps you should use a long-nozzled lighter or a long matchstick, just to be safe.
12/05/2011
Taylor Taylor
Well I just tried it, it definitely caught on fire and melted. I'll get a picture up here shortly.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Ah! A few minutes too late! Carrie Ann has a good example video about halfway down this page.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Well I just tried it, it definitely caught on fire and melted. I'll get a picture up here shortly.
I hope your carpet is okay?
12/05/2011
Taylor Taylor
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
I hope your carpet is okay?
Oh yeah, everything is fine except my sqweeler

So I held a flame to it and it caught fire and I blew it out after about 3 seconds. It warped the shape some and the black stuff won't wipe away. I like that it kind of made my toy look like a burnt sad face lol

12/05/2011
idunshire idunshire
Oh that looks so sad!! Sooo, I guess we can rest assured that it's not silicone..
12/05/2011
Mr. & Mrs. Peg Mr. & Mrs. Peg
You gals are killing me....BURN IT! BURN IT!
12/05/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
I'd be happy to do a test. I'm not sure exactly how to do it though. Can I just hold a lighter up to it? I can take pictures after I do it too. Does TPR melt? I don't think silicone is supposed to, but then again I have never tried.
NO, not a lighter. They burn too hot.

Use a match, preferably do it outside, where burning plastic won't contaminate your house (it it turns out to be not silicone) make sure you have a bucket of water to drop it into, if it catches on fire or if you can't put the fire out. TPR can be really flammable. You may not have time to get it into the sink. Have the bucket, as well as a fire extinguisher ready.

Watch Carrie Ann's video, but don't do it in your kitchen. Be safe.
12/05/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
OOOPS, too damn late. The fucking thing did catch on fire. I really didn't see your response until after I posted above. I kinda had a feeling.

You are OK, aren't you? Please make sure you ventilate the area, honey.

By the way... it ain't silicone.
12/05/2011
Taylor Taylor
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
OOOPS, too damn late. The fucking thing did catch on fire. I really didn't see your response until after I posted above. I kinda had a feeling.

You are OK, aren't you? Please make sure you ventilate the area, honey.

By the ... More
Oh wow I am lucky. I should have waited before doing it to hear the best way to do it. Sounds like it could have been dangerous. I was pretty excited to try it though. Oh well now I know for the future how to do it.

I am fine and nothing got ruined or hurt other than the toy. As soon as I saw it caught fire I went and put it out. I did it over the bathtub with some running water. I'm not sure if that was the best way to do it, but I was able to blow it out anyway.
12/05/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Oh wow I am lucky. I should have waited before doing it to hear the best way to do it. Sounds like it could have been dangerous. I was pretty excited to try it though. Oh well now I know for the future how to do it.

I am fine and nothing got ... More
I'm glad you're OK. I think the bathtub was a good idea.

We now know that Eden's assessment of the material was correct.

Thanks for doing this for us.
12/05/2011
toxie m toxie m
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Oh yeah, everything is fine except my sqweeler

So I held a flame to it and it caught fire and I blew it out after about 3 seconds. It warped the shape some and the black stuff won't wipe away. I like that it kind of made my toy look like ... More
Hahah! This made me laugh out loud when I saw it. Poor little sad alien face!
12/06/2011
indiglo indiglo
And this is why I love Eden. LOL Glad you're ok Taylor, and now that mystery has been solved! Way to go!
12/06/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Oh wow I am lucky. I should have waited before doing it to hear the best way to do it. Sounds like it could have been dangerous. I was pretty excited to try it though. Oh well now I know for the future how to do it.

I am fine and nothing got ... More
I'm glad this all worked out well---sorry to not have given you the instructions first !
12/06/2011
Flash777 Flash777
Quote:
Originally posted by l'amour
So, I'm finally glad that Eden is carrying the Sqweel - I've been dying to get it! - but I'm a little confused. On the product page it says that it's made out of plastic for the case and TPR for the tongues, but I've read that the ... More
the middle of the wheel might be tpr and the tongues are silicone
12/20/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Oh yeah, everything is fine except my sqweeler

So I held a flame to it and it caught fire and I blew it out after about 3 seconds. It warped the shape some and the black stuff won't wipe away. I like that it kind of made my toy look like ... More
I flame tested mine as well. But the tongues wheel (in an inconspicuous area). It is not silicone.
12/24/2011
Missmarc Missmarc
Thank you guys for finding this out
12/24/2011
sweetiejo sweetiejo
I think they may have just messed up on the materials section.
01/26/2012
QSBybakd QSBybakd
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
Oh yeah, everything is fine except my sqweeler

So I held a flame to it and it caught fire and I blew it out after about 3 seconds. It warped the shape some and the black stuff won't wipe away. I like that it kind of made my toy look like ... More
This thread has made my day.
01/26/2012
BuckeyeGal04 BuckeyeGal04
Quote:
Originally posted by QSBybakd
This thread has made my day.
I echo that!

What a brave soul to do a flame test not knowing what's going to happen. I am sad that it's been slightly burnt though because I hate seeing people spending money on something that now will not quite work the same.
01/26/2012
Wawers Wawers
Tpr
04/05/2012
Wawers Wawers
I tried the burn test on my friends, and his didnt burn
05/02/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
Quote:
Originally posted by QSBybakd
This thread has made my day.
Haha ditto. Such silliness.
05/03/2012
kendra30752 kendra30752
Quote:
Originally posted by l'amour
So, I'm finally glad that Eden is carrying the Sqweel - I've been dying to get it! - but I'm a little confused. On the product page it says that it's made out of plastic for the case and TPR for the tongues, but I've read that the ... More
I think EF has this wrong, I was sure they were silicone and I've seen EF list the wrong material many times so you should ALWAYS go with what the item's actual manufacturer says. They will be the ones who know this and can give you the most accurate info. I have been dying for Sqweel too! No idea why I've put off getting it.
05/03/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 22