Warnings on the box?

Ropey Ropey
Lust
Related to: 
Someone had mentioned In their pros/cons that there were some concerning warnings on the box, could anyone please clarify what these warnings might be? Are they common warnings that would be found on most vibrators, or is it something more substantial? Thank you.
05/05/2012
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Nazaress Nazaress
In the same review that states "warnings on the box are a bit worrisome" as a con, they tell you that the box states "This product is sold and should be used as an adult novelty only, and should never be other than for external use".

This is a VERY common warning on sex toys. There are a few reasons for this. One reason could be that they want to avoid certain lawsuits by having the warning, just in case. But the biggest reason is that the product could be made in China (or possibly a similar country), where selling sex toys is illegal. That's why they brand them "novelty" items so they can bypass the laws.
05/06/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Nazaress
In the same review that states "warnings on the box are a bit worrisome" as a con, they tell you that the box states "This product is sold and should be used as an adult novelty only, and should never be other than for external ... More
Correct-a-mundo. It's a "CYA" (cover your ass) move on the manufacturer's part.

However! There are a few toys on the market that you need to heed the warnings on---if they tell you not to use it on your legs or chest or above the heart, pay attention. There's a reason behind it!
05/06/2012
Sangsara Sangsara
weird thing- most vibes tell you "not for use on swollen or inflamed areas" makes me laugh everytime I mean "swollen" to me is what every dick and clit are during vib use
05/06/2012
ghalik ghalik
Heed the warnings about not charging near water, submerging in water, etc. You should also not apply vibrations to the base of your skull.

I find the ones that say, "not a medical device" amusing. Duh.
05/06/2012
hall5885 hall5885
Quote:
Originally posted by ghalik
Heed the warnings about not charging near water, submerging in water, etc. You should also not apply vibrations to the base of your skull.

I find the ones that say, "not a medical device" amusing. Duh.
The "not a medical device" always amused me. It's to bad that toys couldn't treat health problems. Doctors would have a line at their offices. lol
05/06/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by hall5885
The "not a medical device" always amused me. It's to bad that toys couldn't treat health problems. Doctors would have a line at their offices. lol
It's doubly amusing when you know that vibrators were invented as a medical device to treat "hysteria." And yes, women did start lining up once word got around.
05/06/2012
KrazyKandy KrazyKandy
I hate to think that they are illegal to be sold. Can you imagine a world without sex toys.
05/06/2012
Ropey Ropey
Thank you all for your posts, they were super informative and you put my mind at ease about the coon warnings on toys. I especially liked Samsara's comment about not using on "swollen" areas!
05/07/2012
honeybee57 honeybee57
Don't worry I own three evolved toys! They have all been fine w/ me and I am sensitive in my lady bits lol
07/06/2012
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 9