Cock Rings and Emergency Room Nightmares

B8trDude B8trDude
I've been reading the Not for your butt! thread and remembered reading a story on another site, a few days earlier, about cock ring nightmares that have been posted on a site that claims to discuss real emergency room embarrassing moments. They've got several stories about cock rings getting stuck including: Cock Rings and Another Cock Ring Mishap. Have you or has someone you know ever had a cock ring/sex toy disaster?
08/31/2010
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Thankfully, no, but I've seen pictures online of them getting stuck kind of half on - slid partway down the penis and swollen up around it. It's pretty nasty looking and a reason why we only use ones we can cut through, if need be, at my house. No metal for us thanks!
08/31/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
No metal for me! That's scary. I would imagine that they were not fitted right but still.
08/31/2010
Jenn (aka kissmykitty) Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
Gah. My husband and I have never encountered any issues firsthand, but as a precaution we use silicone/jellyish ones only, since they can be cut through!
08/31/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
Thankfully, no, but I've seen pictures online of them getting stuck kind of half on - slid partway down the penis and swollen up around it. It's pretty nasty looking and a reason why we only use ones we can cut through, if need be, at my ... More
I was just gona say that...unless you are VERY skilled in the use of cock rings I'd stay away from metal or tough silicone that could be tough to cut off. 'Course our ER has MANY more stories about things retrieved from people's butts than cockring mishaps. According to Sigel's Dr. most cockrings can be removed like stuck rings on the finger, with some extra lube (or dishsoap) and time. His advice is to be aware of what is going on with your penis and remove the thing after 15 minutes until you have learned your bodies pain signals. Seems like good advice to me but my guys don't particularly like them.
08/31/2010
ScottA ScottA
Sizing is probably the big issue with cock rings. Too tight and you're much more likely to have a problem.
08/31/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
I was just gona say that...unless you are VERY skilled in the use of cock rings I'd stay away from metal or tough silicone that could be tough to cut off. 'Course our ER has MANY more stories about things retrieved from people's butts ... More
Soaking the penis in ice water is good, too. Shrinkage. And reduces blood flow. Plus a shot of sedative. And KY. We have lots of KY in ERs. It's what a lot of ERs do before resorting to cutting the ring off, and risk hurting the patient.

It's not something you see in ERs nearly as much as things stuck in asses, though.

Had a dude come in with his dick stuck in a vacuum cleaner hose. He brought the ENTIRE vacuum in with him to get unstuck. TONS of KY was employed, after we removed the hose from the vacuum cleaner.....He said his penis "accidentally" got stuck in the vacuum cleaner hose......while it was running......while he had a hard on......

(where's that eye roll smilie we were talking about?)
08/31/2010
Avant-garde Avant-garde
The risks of cock rings make me nervous so i don't use them. Better to save your money for something else than risk damaging one of my favorite body parts.
08/31/2010
B8trDude B8trDude
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Soaking the penis in ice water is good, too. Shrinkage. And reduces blood flow. Plus a shot of sedative. And KY. We have lots of KY in ERs. It's what a lot of ERs do before resorting to cutting the ring off, and risk hurting the patient. ... More
A vacuum cleaner hose?! Just how common are these kinds of disasters? I beginning to think that such things are fairly common.
08/31/2010
Victoria Victoria
Thank goodness for stretchy cockrings! Eeeeep! Luckily, we've had no issues.
08/31/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I was VERY dumb as an experimental lad. Other than sticking things up where they shouldn't safely go, I used rubber bands for c-rings and then left them on. I'm sooo lucky I didn't wake up sans penis! I quit when I couldn't get one off and had to take a cold shower to get it to come off.
08/31/2010
clp clp
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
Gah. My husband and I have never encountered any issues firsthand, but as a precaution we use silicone/jellyish ones only, since they can be cut through!
I'd never thought about this before, but I'm definitely keeping it in mind, here on out. My sweets and I definitely have no idea what we are doing with cock rings yet.
08/31/2010
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I was VERY dumb as an experimental lad. Other than sticking things up where they shouldn't safely go, I used rubber bands for c-rings and then left them on. I'm sooo lucky I didn't wake up sans penis! I quit when I couldn't get one ... More
I think many of us experimented a bit unsafely when we first discovered self-pleasure. I definitely did...eep.
08/31/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I think many of us experimented a bit unsafely when we first discovered self-pleasure. I definitely did...eep.
Yep me also, I even tried the shop vac once, did nothing for me. Thank God.
08/31/2010
Liz Liz
We've fortunately never experienced any anal "emergencies," but several years ago we had an extremely humilitating ER trip as the combined result of my clit piercing and having very vigorous sex while still mostly clothed. Not sure whether my clit or my ego came out of that one more bruised.
08/31/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Soaking the penis in ice water is good, too. Shrinkage. And reduces blood flow. Plus a shot of sedative. And KY. We have lots of KY in ERs. It's what a lot of ERs do before resorting to cutting the ring off, and risk hurting the patient. ... More
Mmmmhmmmm and he just 'happened' to trip over the cat and...and and then his neighbor waved so he waved back and then VOOOOMP he was stuck. Yes I actually heard that story before! You'd think they would come up with a unique story...like some weirdo broke in and told me that I had to strip down, and then he stuck my cock in the nose...

Icebath to the erect penis sounds like stuff of nightmares! I can see why it would work though. Brrrrrr I think I'll just agree that proper fitting is key in this case...as is not waiting 4 hours to get help. (Eye roll)
09/01/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I was VERY dumb as an experimental lad. Other than sticking things up where they shouldn't safely go, I used rubber bands for c-rings and then left them on. I'm sooo lucky I didn't wake up sans penis! I quit when I couldn't get one ... More
YEASH!!! *shudder* Good gawd man it's a real good thing you are here!
09/01/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
YEASH!!! *shudder* Good gawd man it's a real good thing you are here!
awww *hug*
09/01/2010
B8trDude B8trDude
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Yep me also, I even tried the shop vac once, did nothing for me. Thank God.
That experience must have really sucked!
09/01/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Oh sure.
09/01/2010
Sir Sir
This makes me rethink my love for cock rings.


09/01/2010
Lurr Lurr
I had no idea that cock rings could get stuck, yikes!!!
09/17/2010
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
I heard if you get an erection for a long time and it wont go away, they get a needle and suck the blood out of you like a vampire! Be an awesome scene for a hospital type sex scenario...


Also instead of "banking" sperm.. Another scene could just be "direct deposits"...


And the final scenes could be clinical trials for alternatives ways to calm the patients allergic to the sedatives or pain reducers while having dental work. they restrain them so they can work easily. But the patient would suffer less... I guess it would be a BDSM type scene. Instead of whips they have those nasty teeth scrapers clawing at you. And when you need to open wider, i guess for guys they squeeze the balls.

Pressure of ball squeeze correlates to the amount of mouth opening space needed to work. Kind of like pumping up a tire for your bicycle, more air pressure = more squeeze pressure.
09/17/2010
bobowaxer bobowaxer
That is why I've always been afraid of rings I can't cut through...it scares the crap out of me.
03/13/2011
fymenfolk fymenfolk
This whole thread gives me the willies.
04/06/2011
Mikemanz Mikemanz
i have a metal one and love it. never had any problems
11/29/2012
Why Not? Why Not?
Metal cock rings have always intimidated me. Not that I really use them much but thick and stretchy is how I will go.
12/06/2012
iabicpl09 iabicpl09
I have never used one
12/10/2012
Derekkk Derekkk
I've heard of people having to get their dicks cut off from wearing them. I'd stick with the rubbery ones. I'd rather keep my penis than use a cock ring
04/15/2013
Total posts: 29
Unique posters: 22