Any guys out there tried "Ageless Male" or any other "Testosterone" booster? What was your opinion? Do these things work...at all? How about prescription Testosterone?

Bignuf Bignuf
Any guys out there tried "Ageless Male" or any other "Testosterone" booster? What was your opinion? Do these things work...at all? How about prescription Testosterone?

All these products seems to be getting a LOT of ad space and hype, but I worry about things like increased chance of testicular cancer, or prostate cancer...on top of the question, do they really do anything for body fat, increased libido...etc???

Anyone have some real world experience to share?
10/20/2011
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Save 60% on 3 item set
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
Any guys out there tried "Ageless Male" or any other "Testosterone" booster? What was your opinion? Do these things work...at all? How about prescription Testosterone?

All these products seems to be getting a LOT of ad ... More
I use a prescribed bio-identical cream and it works great. Better muscle tone, faster recovery from exercise and general well being.
10/20/2011
RonLee RonLee
Hmmmmm interesting, I'll be asking my Doc about that myself.
10/20/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
Hmmmmm interesting, I'll be asking my Doc about that myself.
Most 'traditional' MD's won't go anywhere near it. My MD has a practice devoted bio-identical hormone treatment (GOOGLE BodyLogic). My testosterone level was at the lowest 'acceptable' level - most would check the box and say you're within range live with it. But this Doc worked up a profile of symptoms and prescribed the 'T' - it made a huge difference. Now I'm more in the middle of the range and loving it.

The same Doc treats my wife who is per-menopausal. She use a combination of progesterone and estrogen - and likewise her PMS is non existent and our sex life has never been better.

Caution - my insurance doesn't cover any off it except for some of the blood tests required for monitoring health like PSA, lipids, etc.
10/21/2011
RonLee RonLee
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
Most 'traditional' MD's won't go anywhere near it. My MD has a practice devoted bio-identical hormone treatment (GOOGLE BodyLogic). My testosterone level was at the lowest 'acceptable' level - most would check the box and say ... More
Gunsmoke, thank you for that additional information. I go to the VA for my medical care and I'm very pleased with not only the quality of care but their flexibility in several areas. I'll find out if they'll treat me.
10/21/2011
bluidbomsh3ll bluidbomsh3ll
Im not a guy but i am replying on my boyfriends behalf. He is on prescribed testosterome shots. I have to give him an injection in the butt every 10 days due to his levels being so low. He gets it through the va from his endocrinologist. Most regular doctors wont prescribe it so make sure you see the right doctor. You will also have to do regular blood tests to keep up on your levels.

Now on to does it work. Yes. Yes. Yes. When he gets his shot he is more energetic, has an insaine sex drive, loses weight, builds muscle and over all is like a horney 16 year old. I hope this helps answer your questions and helps get you started on the right path to see if it is for you. Now if they could just do something to help women keep up.
10/25/2011
RonLee RonLee
Quote:
Originally posted by bluidbomsh3ll
Im not a guy but i am replying on my boyfriends behalf. He is on prescribed testosterome shots. I have to give him an injection in the butt every 10 days due to his levels being so low. He gets it through the va from his endocrinologist. Most regular ... More
Good to hear, Thanks.
10/25/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by bluidbomsh3ll
Im not a guy but i am replying on my boyfriends behalf. He is on prescribed testosterome shots. I have to give him an injection in the butt every 10 days due to his levels being so low. He gets it through the va from his endocrinologist. Most regular ... More
My doc wanted me to do an implantable pellets link but I declined because applying the topical cream each day is so easy.

I can't imagine having to take shots every 10 days. It seems that your blood levels of T would be on a huge roller-coaster.

The daily application of AndroGel link or other products is just simpler and easier. I use a formulated bioidentical from a local compounding pharmacy.
10/26/2011
arewehavingfun? arewehavingfun?
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
Gunsmoke, thank you for that additional information. I go to the VA for my medical care and I'm very pleased with not only the quality of care but their flexibility in several areas. I'll find out if they'll treat me.
RonLee--Ask your primary care for a "Urology consult". Urologists are usually more than willing to prescribe testosterone creams or injections, particularly for men over 50 with ED or other problems (depression, getting tired easily, trouble urinating. Some even call it "andropause" meaning a male sort of menopause.

Good luck.
10/27/2011
RonLee RonLee
Quote:
Originally posted by arewehavingfun?
RonLee--Ask your primary care for a "Urology consult". Urologists are usually more than willing to prescribe testosterone creams or injections, particularly for men over 50 with ED or other problems (depression, getting tired easily, ... More
Good suggestion, Thank You.
10/27/2011
HotMama2three HotMama2three
Quote:
Originally posted by bluidbomsh3ll
Im not a guy but i am replying on my boyfriends behalf. He is on prescribed testosterome shots. I have to give him an injection in the butt every 10 days due to his levels being so low. He gets it through the va from his endocrinologist. Most regular ... More
You have inspired me to look into this for hubby...thank you so much!
07/11/2012
HotMama2three HotMama2three
Does anyone have a recommendation for online information I can start researching?
07/12/2012
Istanbull Istanbull
Anyone have any info on something that's the complete opposite of this? Something that eliminates male sex drive?
07/30/2012
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 7