I really like lavender...

sasshole sasshole
and lavender really is edible if i ever come across any i might have to make some cupcakes
^-^
09/04/2012
  • Add More Pleasure to Your Collection! Buy 1 Vibe, Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
deltalima deltalima
Quote:
Originally posted by sasshole
and lavender really is edible if i ever come across any i might have to make some cupcakes
^-^
I love it. I've infused it with sugar and topped my cupcakes!
09/04/2012
Rossie Rossie
Do you guys ever get intimidated by the tiny little creepy-crawlies hiding inside the stems? I'm curious how other people handle these pests on their lavender.
09/04/2012
Gracie Gracie
I love it too! It is my favorite scent! I have tried growing it, but haven't been sucessful. Rossie, I never noticed any bugs. Maybe that is part of my problem. I thought lavender was supposed to repel bugs? I have never wanted to eat it though. I have seen lavender custard on the menu at one of the restaurants where we go, but I have never tried it.
09/04/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Gracie
I love it too! It is my favorite scent! I have tried growing it, but haven't been sucessful. Rossie, I never noticed any bugs. Maybe that is part of my problem. I thought lavender was supposed to repel bugs? I have never wanted to eat it ... More
That's what I thought too, but apparently they do not repel all bugs! I have a pretty good lavender display in my front yard every summer, they're really easy to grow up here in Oregon...maybe the climate suits them?

I discovered those tiny pests hiding inside the stems quite unexpectedly. I was trying to shake off the dust from the stems in my sink, and guess what started falling into the sink and crawled everywhere instead!!! I'm one of those people who detects bugs very easily, so those tiny moving dots in my sink met their end that day. I never brought any Lavender inside my house since then.
09/04/2012
deltalima deltalima
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
That's what I thought too, but apparently they do not repel all bugs! I have a pretty good lavender display in my front yard every summer, they're really easy to grow up here in Oregon...maybe the climate suits them?

I discovered ... More
Actually I have. I was sniffing it and they started crawling. I've been careful lately. And now I soak it in water for a bit to get rid of the small bugs and spiders.
09/04/2012
Ryanne Ryanne
I love the smell of it can't recall ever eating it
09/04/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by deltalima
Actually I have. I was sniffing it and they started crawling. I've been careful lately. And now I soak it in water for a bit to get rid of the small bugs and spiders.
Will soaking them in water remove most of the fragrance? How long do you soak them to completely kill off those creepy-crawlies?
09/04/2012
chicmichiw chicmichiw
Love a perfume oil with lavender. etsy has a bunch...
12/23/2012
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 6