Does anyone know how to prolong the battery life of rechargeable vibes?

edeneve edeneve
does anyone know how to preserve the battery live of rechargeable vibes? I've heard that if the battery isn't properly maintained, it will not recharge any more. and, I have not been able to find any info. about how often the battery needs to be charged prolonging the battery life.
09/15/2013
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
does anyone know how to preserve the battery live of rechargeable vibes? I've heard that if the battery isn't properly maintained, it will not recharge any more. and, I have not been able to find any info. about how often the battery needs ... More
Great question, Edeneve, I am looking forward to answers as, like you, I searched and can't find anything that explains it to me!
09/15/2013
Rossie Rossie
For vibes with rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries:
- store them in a cool and dry location when they are not in use; never leave them in a sunny spot.
- avoid running the vibes for extended periods of time, as the batteries will last longer when they're not being overused.
- charge the vibes often between uses, and avoid full discharges as Lithium Ion batteries must be kept in a charged state (preferably 40% charged).
09/15/2013
Woman China Woman China
Rossie for the win!!!!

She's right.

You'll notice how in the winter time, your rechargeable toys will last you longer than the summer time. And it is related to the temperature of the room you store your toys in.

Biggest suggestion I have? Store your toys in a cool, dark and dry area. They will thank you for this!!!

That being said, Fun Factory toys when you run them on high, you might only get one session out of them. That is the way they are designed.
09/15/2013
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Woman China
Rossie for the win!!!!

She's right.

You'll notice how in the winter time, your rechargeable toys will last you longer than the summer time. And it is related to the temperature of the room you store your toys in. ... More
"...Fun Factory toys when you run them on high, you might only get one session out of them."

Poor vibes...they're exhausted by Woman!
09/15/2013
edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
For vibes with rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries:
- store them in a cool and dry location when they are not in use; never leave them in a sunny spot.
- avoid running the vibes for extended periods of time, as the batteries will last longer ... More
info. regarding points #2 & #3 is what I find & it's too vague.

what does extended periods of time mean? - how does it translate into hours &/or minutes?

how do I know when a full discharge is reached or before it's reached or that the vibe is 40% charged?
09/16/2013
edeneve edeneve
anyone else able to respond to my post just above this one?
09/16/2013
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
info. regarding points #2 & #3 is what I find & it's too vague.

what does extended periods of time mean? - how does it translate into hours &/or minutes?

how do I know when a full discharge is reached or before it's ... More
You'll have to determine that from your own experience and the particular vibe you're using. Let's say I run a Jopen Vanity vibe on high continuously for more than an hour, and again within a day or two -- the vibe runs strong when fully charged, but it will gradually become much weaker or even run out of juice (full discharge). To avoid a full discharge, I make it a habit to recharge the toy after approximately every 90 minutes usage, or when the vibration begins to weaken.

Most of the batteries (check your owners manuals) have a certain amount of standby - but to avoid a full discharge, use AND charge all your vibes at least once a month.
09/16/2013
edeneve edeneve
thanks Rossie. your tips are extremely useful. now I know what I need to do to keep my rechargeable vibes for many years to come.
09/17/2013
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
thanks Rossie. your tips are extremely useful. now I know what I need to do to keep my rechargeable vibes for many years to come.
You're very welcome!
09/17/2013
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 4