Salsa---Am I the only one with problems?

Beautiful-Disaster Beautiful-Disaster
I just received my Salsa a few days ago. Mine seems to lose strength as pressure is applied... Also mine isn't whisper quiet at all... Am I the only one?? If mine does have a problem.. I don't know how I'd be able to return it for a new one since well... I guess We-Vibe doesn't make them anymore.
05/19/2013
  • Buy 1 Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Mwar Mwar
I haven't experienced this with mine. What about nabbing a Tango?
05/19/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful-Disaster
I just received my Salsa a few days ago. Mine seems to lose strength as pressure is applied... Also mine isn't whisper quiet at all... Am I the only one?? If mine does have a problem.. I don't know how I'd be able to return it for a new ... More
I have 2 Salsa's & a Tango & none of them are whisper quiet! However, it sounds like something may be wrong with it. Assuming you bought it from Eden, I would go to the order status & open a support ticket from there explaining your problem. They may have some remaining stock coming in & can send one to you right as it comes in. Or, they may exchange with a Tango if that is something you'd be willing to accept. I have seen available stock around the Internet, so if you have your heart set on one & don't want to risk missing out, order one of those & return this one for a refund. You should know that the inside of the Salsa is identical to the Tango, they just have a differently shaped tip. After I dropped my Salsa a few times by accident, (slippery little sucker!), it has gotten much louder, but never has the power decreased, nor waned on application of pressure. As for the loudness, can you go to a brick & mortar store & compare?

PS, I hate to ask, but did you fully charge it before using? I ask because some come with a charge & people assume it's fully charged when it works out of the box.
05/19/2013
Beautiful-Disaster Beautiful-Disaster
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
I have 2 Salsa's & a Tango & none of them are whisper quiet! However, it sounds like something may be wrong with it. Assuming you bought it from Eden, I would go to the order status & open a support ticket from there explaining your ... More
Yeah, I was thinking about sending support a message to see if I could return it. I just wasn't sure if what's wrong with my Salsa was actually a problem. Seems like I'm the only one experiencing it, though... So .. I'll have to get ahold of them.

& yeah.. I fully charged it the moment I opened the package. I didn't even try turning it on or anything before charging it.
05/19/2013
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
I have two of them and have not had that issue with either. It's not the most silent thing in the world, but it should be loud and you shouldn't experience the loss in power when you apply pressure.
05/19/2013
Ningyo Ningyo
Mine doesn't lose strength when I apply pressure. I wouldn't consider it 'whisper quiet' though, but it's not very loud. As others have suggested, submitting a support ticket sounds like a good idea.
05/19/2013
Dangerous Lilly Dangerous Lilly
Nearly all vibes will lose a little oomph when a lot of pressure is applied. Also, "whisper quiet" is like the equiv to real estate's "great view" term. Nearly never applies That said, I wouldn't say the Salsa is loud, or rattly, it is way better than 95% of traditional bullet vibes. However, in any batch of anything electronic.....there are bound to be bad eggs. It just happens. Standard Innovations/We-Vibe is GREAT with customer service. My first Tango had a weird button control, it was harder to push than the Salsa, and they swapped it for me easily. I'd say your problems are not unheard of, every company has the occasional dud, but the company is great. They may still have some Red ones on hand.
/I own 3 Salsas and 1 Tango
05/19/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
I don't have that problem with mine. I had to get a new one because mine was old and the warranty expired. But it started to get loud and hot but I've had it for over a year and a half. It's not whisper quiet, but it isn't something that everyone outside the room is going to hear.
05/20/2013
Beautiful-Disaster Beautiful-Disaster
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombirella
I don't have that problem with mine. I had to get a new one because mine was old and the warranty expired. But it started to get loud and hot but I've had it for over a year and a half. It's not whisper quiet, but it isn't something ... More
Yeah, I forgot to mention.. mine also gets warm after 10-15 minutes.. Not hot though.. Hm. :\
05/20/2013
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 7