Spending money on sex toys (a general discussion)

BlackOrchid BlackOrchid
I want to hear about other peoples sex toy budgets, spending habits, whether you scour the internet looking for the absolute best deal when it comes to purchasing a new toy. Maybe the best deal you ever got on a toy?
12/19/2013
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
It's been a long time since I've purchased anything new, mostly because nothing has grabbed my attention. When the financials are healthy, I'd spend roughly $100 to $200 every other month.
12/19/2013
edeneve edeneve
my budget is very tight right know. free is the best deal I've ever had.
12/19/2013
dv8 dv8
EF's given away many freebies and has had plenty of contests. You can't beat those deals unless you get paid to review a free sex toy.
12/19/2013
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It's been a long time since I've purchased anything new, mostly because nothing has grabbed my attention. When the financials are healthy, I'd spend roughly $100 to $200 every other month.
This was my budget as well - but I've been out of work for a year and my toy budget evaporated along with my employment prospects.
12/20/2013
ticklemepink93 ticklemepink93
I keep a tight toy budget, and I actually do compare prices from multiple sites--oftentimes, Amazon wins the price battle. But I would say I haven't spent over $100 of sex toys, and I have a pretty extensive collection thanks to EF freebies
12/26/2013
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
I have always had a very unstable budget and most of my last several orders have heavily relied on my points here on Eden because without them, I never would have been able to afford them. I am grateful to have been able to do that because I have some wonderful toys that I never would have before.

My budget now sits where I can probably afford to maybe spend about $40 every few months or so. But, this is from someone who barely makes $1000 a month.

I wish I could afford to dedicate a certain amount each month to toys, though, because it would be a whole heck of a lot of fun.
12/26/2013
Kitt Katt Kitt Katt
We don't have a set budget for toys. We tend to purchase when we find something that is somehow different from the existing toys in our collection. It helps if the toy is reasonably priced.
12/26/2013
SecretKinksters SecretKinksters
No real budget, if something strikes us or if we don't have it we will add it to our collection... If we get a deal it's even better.
12/27/2013
Pete's Princess Pete's Princess
I was spending about $50 a month when I first got into toys. My finances have dwindled and my preference for more expensive toys has gone up. I am saving up for something special over $120. Most of the stuff I can afford, either I am not interested in or I already have something similar. I do have to buy some lingerie every month or so. If you read my reviews, you know I have a bit of an addiction there.

I have bought all my toys, except my first one, from EF. They generally have the best price when it comes to reputable toy sellers.
12/28/2013
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete's Princess
I was spending about $50 a month when I first got into toys. My finances have dwindled and my preference for more expensive toys has gone up. I am saving up for something special over $120. Most of the stuff I can afford, either I am not ... More
This is about where I stand with most of my toys. Most of mine have come from EF because of the value and the trustworthy reviews.
12/28/2013
BlackOrchid BlackOrchid
I look every day for a good deal on a Stronic Eins, but I've yet to find a new one for under $199.
Jan 3, 10:11 am
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackOrchid
I look every day for a good deal on a Stronic Eins, but I've yet to find a new one for under $199.
Fun Factory doesn't allow retailers to discount their products. Your best bet is doing a buyout on it plus using some points, which brings it down to just under $120 and is the only way to discount it that I have found.


Personally, I scour sales, use buyouts when I can, and will even buy secondhand from reputable people.
Jan 3, 10:26 am
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
Fun Factory doesn't allow retailers to discount their products. Your best bet is doing a buyout on it plus using some points, which brings it down to just under $120 and is the only way to discount it that I have found.


Personally, I ... More
So true on FF. Unfortunate, but it's their right as the vendor.
Jan 3, 11:52 am
Oriental husband and wife Oriental husband and wife
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
So true on FF. Unfortunate, but it's their right as the vendor.
Sincerely Yours, N or Stormy, could you explain how buyouts work for those of us that do not know please ? Are the buyouts good for anything ?
Jan 3, 12:01 pm
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Oriental husband and wife
Sincerely Yours, N or Stormy, could you explain how buyouts work for those of us that do not know please ? Are the buyouts good for anything ?
Sotrmy will probably provide a better explanation, but I can try. Basically, you add an item into your assignment cart and request a buyout. It gives you 30% off immediately and added to your cart. I have used them several times and they have so far worked on everything (keep in mind that I only review toys), including the Stronic Drei. You can buy out several items at a time, but keep in mind that you need to write reviews for them. Buyouts are only available for advanced reviewers but there is no maximum price or number of reviews to get one, unlike free assignments. The 30% will be generated off of the price of the item without considering sales.

@Stormy: It is unfortunate, but it also makes me value EF more. You guys are incredible for letting points and buyouts work on FF. : )
Jan 3, 12:23 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Oriental husband and wife
Sincerely Yours, N or Stormy, could you explain how buyouts work for those of us that do not know please ? Are the buyouts good for anything ?
First, you have to be an advanced reviewer to request buy-out assignments. After that, you are free to select any item in stock on the site and request it for a buy-out (there is no approval process for this). A buy-out provides a 30% discount on any item we carry in exchange for an unbiased review. It's that simple.
Jan 3, 12:32 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
Sotrmy will probably provide a better explanation, but I can try. Basically, you add an item into your assignment cart and request a buyout. It gives you 30% off immediately and added to your cart. I have used them several times and they have so far ... More
Thanks for chiming in! Great response.

I understand why they do it that way, though. Being that most if not all of their overhead is in Germany, there's very little wiggle room for discounts.
Jan 3, 12:34 pm
Oriental husband and wife Oriental husband and wife
Thank you Sincerely Yours, N and Stormy for the explanation.
Jan 3, 7:08 pm
Sincerely Yours, N Sincerely Yours, N
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Thanks for chiming in! Great response.

I understand why they do it that way, though. Being that most if not all of their overhead is in Germany, there's very little wiggle room for discounts.
Oh, I understand it. That doesn't mean that I have to be happy about it. : )
Jan 4, 1:37 am
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Sincerely Yours, N
Oh, I understand it. That doesn't mean that I have to be happy about it. : )
Haha, you're so right.

I always think that companies that don't allow the retail stores that sell their items to offer discounts are a little... I dunno, high and mighty. Like, you know. You will create more brand loyalty if you at least offer some sort of "brand new product" discount or maybe even once or twice a year offer a great deal. You don't have to always have sales available, but something. It makes people feel better about spending that kind of money.
Jan 4, 10:28 am
TexasFire TexasFire
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackOrchid
I want to hear about other peoples sex toy budgets, spending habits, whether you scour the internet looking for the absolute best deal when it comes to purchasing a new toy. Maybe the best deal you ever got on a toy?
Anywhere between $50-$100 quarterly. We mainly use EF, between the reviewing program and the points program.
Jan 5, 4:27 pm
Oriental husband and wife Oriental husband and wife
The most we have spent for for a Jopen Intensity. Only used 3 times. She doesn't like it. We would like to sell it at a good discount half price, $115.00 Is anyone interested ?
Jan 5, 5:11 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
Haha, you're so right.

I always think that companies that don't allow the retail stores that sell their items to offer discounts are a little... I dunno, high and mighty. Like, you know. You will create more brand loyalty if you at ... More
Think about it like this -- if you're the Mercedes and Bentley of your industry, would you really discount your product? Marketing like this is specifically designed to bring in a specific clientele. It happens every single day, in every industry.
Jan 6, 12:10 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Oriental husband and wife
The most we have spent for for a Jopen Intensity. Only used 3 times. She doesn't like it. We would like to sell it at a good discount half price, $115.00 Is anyone interested ?
I think the interest in the Intensity has long since passed. The reviews were okay and most people were genuinely disappointed in it or couldn't handle the (no pun intended) intensity of the toy. Try listing it on the Classifieds and see what comes of it -- never hurts to try.
Jan 6, 12:11 pm
BlackOrchid BlackOrchid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
So true on FF. Unfortunate, but it's their right as the vendor.
I know. I am convinced that if I keep looking hard enough, I will find the deal I am looking for.
Jan 6, 1:11 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackOrchid
I know. I am convinced that if I keep looking hard enough, I will find the deal I am looking for.
I guess to a certain degree, it's kind of like benchmarking yourself. If you see one of their toys at a discounted too good to be true price then it just might be a knock-off of the original.

I've become aware of counterfit items in the last week or so due to a huge bust here in ATL over knock-off bags and then Katie Couric did a special about it as well. (Boring, but informative.) I doubt there are sweatshops out there where children are molding dildos but given the shocking things I hear on a daily basis, I wouldn't put it past someone to have at least considered it as a viable black market option.
Jan 6, 1:24 pm
dv8 dv8
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I guess to a certain degree, it's kind of like benchmarking yourself. If you see one of their toys at a discounted too good to be true price then it just might be a knock-off of the original.

I've become aware of counterfit items in ... More
Beware of counterfeit Hitachi Magic Wands.
Jan 6, 6:49 pm
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Think about it like this -- if you're the Mercedes and Bentley of your industry, would you really discount your product? Marketing like this is specifically designed to bring in a specific clientele. It happens every single day, in every industry.
Okay, you do have a wonderful point, I didn't think about it like that!
Jan 7, 7:01 pm
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
Okay, you do have a wonderful point, I didn't think about it like that!
"Top shelf toys", as I like to call them.
Jan 8, 11:01 am
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 14