What kind of toy for my unexperienced friend?

babychika babychika
I would like to buy a great toy for my gf. She is not at all experienced with toys, but she is showing lots of interest. So what kind would be best? Would it be good to ease her into it with a simple toy or jump right in with an amazing powerful toy???

Money is not a problem
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
A nice glass or silicone dildo
Ms. Spice , ily , CookieBits , Snozzberries , Hallmar82
5  (8%)
A simple vibrator like a wand or bullet
Ansley , Jul!a , ToyGurl , padmeamidala , Beck , toxie m , Dawn (Lilac Distraction) , mandiegk , dawnkye , beachluv51800 , pinkcupcakes , MR Chickhabit , Starkiller87 , Jenn (aka kissmykitty) , married with children , Miss Nessa , Rossie , slynch , Silverdrop , Princess-Kayla ♥ , dv8 , Elnoa , darthkitt3n , - , Love Perpetua , Jimmy Stevenson , ThoughtsAblaze , Chul , CAKES , hiroshiro , PunkyB , chucky , PussyPurr , lacybutton , The Curious Couple , Jon S , unfulfilled , geliebt , Angewin , kokopelli , Lily Night , potstickers , True Pleasures , curious kitten , vanilla&chocolate , sweetpea12 , Bzz , ejrbrndps , pinkpottergirl , ghalik , Stinkytofu10 , pasdechat , TransMarc
53  (87%)
A very expensive one like a Lelo or a Rabbit
babychika , Ryuson , zracer
3  (5%)
Maybe even an anal starter kit
Total votes: 61
Poll is closed
08/30/2011
  • Save 60% on Spooktacular Kits  - 3 item set
  • Wicked Treats - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden leather blindfold
    • Flaming amour silicone pearl bunny
    • Eden's glass ben wa balls
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Ghost Bride - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Casper
    • Leather strap rider
    • Simple Clamps
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden Beaded Clamps
    • Heart Silicone Beads
    • Onyx
    Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
I'm pretty iffy when it comes to gifting toys to someone. If it were me, I would open the site and let her poke around and see what her reactions were and then I would surprise her with one of the one's she was looking at.
08/30/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
i gave my best friend the Fun Factory Fly and she absolutely loves it. I would recommend the Lelo Ella or the Je Joue Mimi just because I've read so many awesome reviews about them. if you get something way expensive, she might not know how to use it or she just might not like how her body reacts to it. just my two cents
08/30/2011
Ryuson Ryuson
I'd get her something high-quality, but not a rabbit! Something like a Mimi or the Ina that has multiple settings ect. so that she can figure out what she likes!
08/30/2011
Illusional Illusional
Something like silicone is nice.
I'd buy her a little thing of lube and toy cleaner to get her all started.
nothing too thick or too long. Something cute and non-threatening.
But I agree, let her poke around the site and see what she heads towards.
08/30/2011
ToyGurl ToyGurl
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm pretty iffy when it comes to gifting toys to someone. If it were me, I would open the site and let her poke around and see what her reactions were and then I would surprise her with one of the one's she was looking at.
I agree with Stormy and that's exactly how I do it. I wasn't always in to giving adult gifts until recently. I think now that I'm married I "feel better about it".

Nonetheless, when I do give gifts, that's usually what I do. If my friend says "Oh that looks like fun actually" then I know that's what she wants. Otherwise, I try to get a beginner toy. Usually a vibe.
08/30/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
I agree with Stormy and that's exactly how I do it. I wasn't always in to giving adult gifts until recently. I think now that I'm married I "feel better about it".

Nonetheless, when I do give gifts, that's usually ... More
Right on, I wouldn't spring a toy on my husband without at least getting a general feel of his opinion on it and I certainly wouldn't do it to a friend. To me, and maybe I'm just old-fashioned in this particular vein, but I feel like sex toys are still an extremely personal choice and while I can offer advice on the things I like, I would never just pick something out and say "here ya go".
08/30/2011
Beck Beck
I gifted link
because for one it is pretty, easy to use, and beginner friendly. I would go with something that simple for beginners. Any kind of traditional vibe or bullet is the best I believe to start with. You are going to want to get something that is easy to clean also. You not want to get something high maintenance for beginner. I would pick something in her favorite color also, she'll be more excepting of it, also the prettier the better. For example this as apposed to this

Stormy is right though. See what tickles her fancy.
08/30/2011
dawnkye dawnkye
I'd go with a simple (cynlidical type) vibrator. Nothing fancy, nothing scary.
08/30/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Letting her poke around the site is a fantastic idea. A good starter vibe is the Doc Johnson Velvet Touch. It's not ridiculously loud, it can function as a bullet and as something you can insert, and runs on AA's.
08/30/2011
MR Chickhabit MR Chickhabit
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm pretty iffy when it comes to gifting toys to someone. If it were me, I would open the site and let her poke around and see what her reactions were and then I would surprise her with one of the one's she was looking at.
i wouldnt have thought of that, but i also agree with stormy.

kudos to you
08/30/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by MR Chickhabit
i wouldnt have thought of that, but i also agree with stormy.

kudos to you
Thanks!
08/30/2011
Jenn (aka kissmykitty) Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
I wouldn't throw a glass toy at her - I've been using vibes and such for years and glass is still a little intimidating for me, heh. I'd definitely start out with a basic bullet or wand style vibrator. Feel free to go for a high-end product from Zini or Lelo, but pick something simple.
08/30/2011
married with children married with children
start with something simple, and them take steps up from there.
08/30/2011
Miss Nessa Miss Nessa
simple vibrator like a wand or bullet. Its a good starting point for people who don't know what they like.
08/30/2011
Silverdrop Silverdrop
Quote:
Originally posted by babychika
I would like to buy a great toy for my gf. She is not at all experienced with toys, but she is showing lots of interest. So what kind would be best? Would it be good to ease her into it with a simple toy or jump right in with an amazing powerful ... More
A nice strong bullet is one of the best beginner toys. Rabbits are way too fiddly and dependant on fit for beginners, and penetration toys can be a little intimidating, but a bullet can be used gently or pressed down firmly, and is also nice for stroking the nipples and labia.
08/31/2011
babychika babychika
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Spice
i gave my best friend the Fun Factory Fly and she absolutely loves it. I would recommend the Lelo Ella or the Je Joue Mimi just because I've read so many awesome reviews about them. if you get something way expensive, she might not know how to ... More
Thank you! I think i will go with the Lelo Ella now
08/31/2011
Princess-Kayla ♥ Princess-Kayla ♥
Probably a small bullet.
My boyfriend gave me a mini mini mini wanachi (Spelled wrong, I think)
And I loved it. It wasn't too big or intimidating.
08/31/2011
Love Perpetua Love Perpetua
Quote:
Originally posted by babychika
Thank you! I think i will go with the Lelo Ella now
The Lelo Ella is a fantastic beginner G-spot toy! It is not at all intimidating size size, and I think it's a great choice if you want to give her a dildo. Ella was actually the first toy to give me a G-spot orgasm. It is also really well designed and quite pretty I'm really glad it was my first and I think she will love it!

Another good option is a simple wand style vibrator, like the mystic wand.
09/06/2011
babychika babychika
Quote:
Originally posted by Love Perpetua
The Lelo Ella is a fantastic beginner G-spot toy! It is not at all intimidating size size, and I think it's a great choice if you want to give her a dildo. Ella was actually the first toy to give me a G-spot orgasm. It is also really well ... More
Thank you i will look into it
09/06/2011
hiroshiro hiroshiro
Something simple, I wouldn't want to get her something expensive if she's not going to use it 'cause she's skeeved.
09/10/2011
PunkyB PunkyB
Honestly I would get a basic bullet. It was my first and as far as introductions into the toy world it was not intimidating at all. Its also pretty cheap and you dont have to spend a ton on it.
09/15/2011
babychika babychika
But simple is boring!!
09/15/2011
The Curious Couple The Curious Couple
I would get something simple to start out with. You guys can always start a collection of toys if she likes it!
09/15/2011
geliebt geliebt
I'd probably look together for what interests her, but I always prefer, when trying out any new kind of toy, to get a suitable but inexpensive one. That way if I find that I really don't like it, I didn't blow much money on it anyway.
09/16/2011
Angewin Angewin
Good luck deciding. I'm sure she'll appreciate the sentiment no matter what you get her.
09/16/2011
babychika babychika
Quote:
Originally posted by Angewin
Good luck deciding. I'm sure she'll appreciate the sentiment no matter what you get her.
thanks
09/17/2011
Gracie Gracie
I am always for rechargable. Remembering to buy batteries is a pain. I would suggest Tango or Salsa by wevibe, or mimi. Then if she is open ya'll can talk about other things you'd like to try.
12/31/2011
Snozzberries Snozzberries
Get two - vibrating one and a solid one (glass is my suggestion because I'm a glass fanatic). Try both! (maybe an inexpensive version of each)
12/31/2011
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Gracie
I am always for rechargable. Remembering to buy batteries is a pain. I would suggest Tango or Salsa by wevibe, or mimi. Then if she is open ya'll can talk about other things you'd like to try.
Ditto. I try to avoid battery-operated toys. Storing batteries to wait to recycle them at the one-a-year drive is obnoxious, and I'm not just going to throw them away.
12/31/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 36
Unique posters: 30