The Max Arousal Pleasure Gel is transparent white, extremely thick, and is definitely a gel. It has the consistency of thick hair gel or gel icing. The thickness of the gel keeps it in place until you rub it into the area desired. There is no thinning when warm, running of the gel, or mess from spills.
The dispenser has a pump top that needs to be twisted and pumped a few times to prime it and get the gel up in the application tube. Once the pump has been primed, the gel is dispensed easily and comes out in a generous, but non-wasteful, amount.
The slickness on your skin when rubbing it in is similar to aloe vera gel straight from the cacti's leaf. It thins easily into your skin and is absorbed within seconds. There is no noticeable softening or moisturizing of your skin, and it is not sticky or greasy. Without the cool feeling of the skin, you would never know you had applied this gel. It feels like basic, untreated skin once the slippery gel has been rubbed in and absorbed.
Have you ever had a Bic pen explode, with the ink ending up all over your hands? Remember that specific aroma of the ink - a very chemical smell that is also slightly medicinal? Bic ink has the same exact smell as the Max Arousal Pleasure Gel. It is not unpleasant or strong, but is definitely distracting until you realize what the smell reminds you of, and then it is a bit disconcerting to realize your partner's penis smells like your high school English class.
With the chemical composition, and the menthol and menthol-related ingredients, this product is NOT meant for consumption. The menthol is known to product a penetrating, numbing effect that can be very detrimental and harmful when swallowed. It may penetrate into the throat, causing it to become numb and lose feeling. This effect may prohibit swallowing and cause severe reactions due to oversensitivity of the throat tissues.
The directions on the bottle are very minimal, and the effects are also minimally explained. You do get the point, and they are easy to follow, but they require using this gel a few times to figure out the right amount for your personal preference and effectiveness.
- "Apply to penis head and shaft for Max results."
- "Individual results and sensation may vary."
- "Experience will decide the number of applications necessary."
- One small, pea sized amount for the head, a slightly larger amount for the top 1/4 of the shaft.
- Rub it in thoroughly and wait for a minimum of 5 minutes for the full cooling but warming effects.
- Do not use on chaffed skin or irritated areas, as this may cause a burning feeling, rash, and irritation.
- Check for allergies prior to application. I am allergic to menthol and menthol-like ingredients, so we were unable to use this for penetration.
- When used during a long edging session, my husband felt the cool, numbing feeling, and it did prolong his ejaculation due to the lack of sensations. He did not feel the warming sensations after the gel was absorbed into the skin for about 15 minutes.
- Blowing on the skin may enhance either sensation.
- Wash off the penis thoroughly before penetration when a partner is sensitive to the ingredients. We forgot, due to the natural feeling once absorbed. Even though the gel had been absorbed into his skin for over an hour, I still developed sever burning and irritation internally. We are unable to have penetrative sex until the skin is not irritated and sore. Hopefully this happens within the next day or so, as it really is uncomfortable and slightly painful.
- Soap and water will remove the gel from the skin's exterior, but there will be a bit that has been absorbed into the skin that is not easily removed. We were unable to scrub enough due to the area the gel is applied to.
Featured "powerful" ingredients:
L'Arginine- An amino acid originally extracted from the Lupine plant. It is also produced by the human body and aids in healing, cell division, lowering blood pressure, and has been used for treating erectile dysfunction.
Niacin- A complex B vitamin that creates energy through breakdown of glucose and fats in the body, aids in sexual hormone production, and improves circulation.
Menthol- Made synthetically or extracted from peppermint oil, it is a mild anesthetic that is known for its penetrating and cooling properties.
Peppermint Oil- An essential oil from the peppermint plant that has a high natural menthol content. It calms and soothes stomach upsets, provides cooling effects to the skin, and the aroma is known to energize those who smell it.
Allantoine- A compound found in many topical products that also contain camphor and other menthol/cooling agents. Most commonly found in Blistex.
Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer- Stabilizer and thickener that also aids in the spreadability of topical lotions. Used in many cosmetics.
Menthoxypropanediol- A synthetic derivative of menthol that is used as a cooling agent.
Lepidium Meyenii(Maca)Root Extract- Also known as the "Peruvian Miracle Root", this acts as a stimulant and memory enhancer; it has been used for erectile dysfunction and reproductive issues.
Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract- An antioxidant and stimulant that also aids in improving blood circulation and can be a mood enhancer. This extract is added to many herbal supplements.
I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, a combination of auto-immune deficiency and over-stimulation of the immune system. My immune system is destroying the bone in my joints and creating rapidly growing nodules in their place. This is extremely painful, has a constant deep ache, and has greatly reduced the mobility of my fingers and other joints.
I have tried numerous sports creams, prescription steroidal creams, and other home remedies to no avail. This gel has performed better for easing my joints than anything I have tried to this point. I hope this gel comes in a much larger size, so I can use it for more than reducing the pain when I have had to do activities that are overly stressful to the joints.