Not-So-Perky Purple PeenIt's not that I don't recommend this toy, I just think you should carefully consider what you're really looking for out of a "strapless strap-on" before investing in it. If you're perfectly fine with finding a harness that will be compatible and think the length of the giving end will work for you, give it a shot! It's a gorgeous, quality product.
- Fun for things other than penetrating partners
- Giver's end too long
- Just won't work well for what it's meant to do
Another use for this toy is for people to use when masturbating solo. With the Nexus, you can have your own cock to stroke and doing so will move the internal dildo, so it actually feels physically as well as psychologically good.
Unfortunately, the squish factor is not enough to take away from the fact that this thing really is huge. With Vixskin toys, you can go up in size quite a bit from what you usually like because of how much it can be squeezed down. This won't happen with the regular silicone of this toy. This is unfortunate because what I really wanted in size was something between the Jr. and this one.
The whole toy is very smooth and free of things like veins, so if you simply must have texture to enjoy something this is not the toy for you.
Like my other Vixen toys, the silicone is taste and odor free.
The positive aspects:
- The giver's end has some subtle ripples in the silicone to help with grip.
- The receiver's end is a very nice shape with a pronounced head.
The negative aspects:
- The middle is too big and floppy. It only serves to make this toy stand up less when used in the manner it is supposed to be used in. Now, my kegals are pretty strong and I could definitely hold this toy in with my body's muscles, but there is no way in hell I could penetrate someone while holding this thing in alone. If the base wasn't so big, I would have a fighting chance but as it is it does not stand up and cup around my crotch the way it's supposed to. The shape also doesn't do a very good job of cupping like that even when held up in the right spot. That said, I was able to get it to stay in place all right with a pair of button-fly jeans. A harness would work fine... If you could find one to fit that base.
- The giver's end is just way too long! I don't know how other people's bodies have handled it, but inserted all the way it hits my cervix in a bad way and unless I do the toy is even more floppy.
- The difference in size between the giving end and receiving end wipes out all possibility of this being used without a harness. The front side is too heavy to be held up well by the smaller, giver's end.
Actual size specs:
- The giver's end has about five and a half inches of insertable length, and is 1 and 1/4" in diameter.
- The receiver's end has about six and a half inches of insertable length, and is 1 and 5/8" in diameter.
The whole thing is over a foot long altogether.
It will work perfectly fine as a strap-on if you use it with a pair of button fly jeans or something, but it won't stay in the right position for strapless, partnered sex without help.
As a solo toy, it's pretty awesome though. The feeling of stroking a big, silicone cock to move the one on the other side is a lot more fun than grabbing at a regular dildo's base.
The biggest issue with cleaning this toy is its sheer size and shape. Finding a pot in which to boil this is quite a challenge for example. The silicone also loves dust and lint so you're going to have to run water over the whole thing multiple times to get it off.
While not discreet, I love Vixen's tube containers. They are a little hard to store but they keep toys nice and contained in a reusable way.