A lot of new contributors joined our ranks in August and September. We were happy to see many of them made the grade with our audience. Catch up on the rest of our top stories for the month of September below!
1. The Steel Clit: A How-To On Dealing With A Stubborn Clitoris by butts
Not everyone has those wonderfully sensitive, easy clits that can get off from a few light rubs of a finger. Some of us have clits of steel that are so stubborn that sometimes the hours spent attempting just aren't worth the orgasm! What do you do with a clit that just won't give in? You've got options and you're not alone!
2. Mysteries of the Male Ejaculate: A Matter of Taste by Dorian Darque
There is so much that goes unasked and unspoken between a man and woman. Since orgasms really begin and end in the mind and so much of sex is psychological, understanding each other's sexual needs, wants, fantasies and expectations can be a wonderful turn-on, and create a deeply passionate connection. Dorian Darque asks a really important question: What do women think about male ejaculate?
3. Kink: Convenient and Cost-Effective by Smokedawg
We often discuss household items that can stand in for kink toys. But what about the festishes you can't replace with a ping pong paddle?
4. You know your boyfriend's been watching porn when... by Jenny Swallows
The "money shot" is great, but does it have to be handled by your guy? Jenny's got something to say about that.
5. Should "creep shaming" be a thing? by Roland Hulme
The Men’s Rights Activists of Reddit believe that “creep shaming” is insidious and anti-equality. But does creep shaming really exist? And if so, why shouldn’t it?
6. My Inner Bitch’s Bout with Sex Negative Education by Tinamarie Bernard
An eye-opening event this summer got Tinamarie thinking: It’s time for grownups to grow up about sex education. It starts too late and ends too early. She came to this realization this summer when she got a dreaded call from her son’s camp director one Friday afternoon.
7. BDSM 101 by AHubbyof2SexualMinds
So you're interested in learning more about BDSM or even ready to start going down that road? Read on and AHubbyof2SexualMinds will describe a few of the things that you might want to try out, without sending you running for the hills.
8. Study Suggests “Horny” Trumps “Ick” in Most Women by Roland Hulme
What can your arousal make you forget today?
9. 20 Fun Sex Facts by chelly411
We all enjoy sex, but what do we really know about it? chelly411's got 20 fun facts for you.
10. Cuffs, Paddles and Safewords, Oh My! Or Beginner BDSM! by ScarletFox
BDSM seems to be on everyone's lips these days since a certain book became so popular. It seems that even some of the most quiet of people seem infatuated with giving it a try. ScarletFox imparts some of the basics everyone should know.
11. She Plays, He Plays: Jopen Gets Intense by Rydell Johnson
You know you've been wondering what the Jopen Intensity's really like. Does it do what it claims? Does it hurt or feel good? Maybe it "hurts so good"? Check out what Rydell and Susan had to say.
12. Being thick ain't always easy, but it sure is beautiful. by ChuChii
Ever wondered why some thicker girls don’t like going shopping like the thinner females? Or why we don’t go out as much? It’s because some females aren’t comfortable with their bodies. For some women, like the author, even thinking about writing an article like this one can make them want to cry.
13. Out of the Bi Label, Into the Pan Fire by ErinOriordan
The English language is confusing, especially where it curls around the edges of gender identity, sex and sexuality. In this article, ErinOriordan wonders is she bi or pansexual? And really, what's the difference?
14. How To Make Your Own Amateur Porn Not Suck by SayJay
If your going to make porn at home, you may as well know how!
15. Out Of The Ashes May Rise A Phoenix by SereneSub
There is nothing more beautiful or more awe inspiring than the power and conviction of a naked woman. SerenSub writes about a beautiful, spiritual experience she shared with her grandmother.
16. Butt Toy Breakdown by KaraSutra
Because there are so many different butt toys on the market, some that often beget a ‘wtf is that for?’, KaraSutra figured she’d explain what the most common products are and what they’re used for. Check out this article for some great toy instructions and suggestions.
17. BDSM Or Just Curious? by countrycutie
So you read 50 Shades of Grey and now you're looking for a dom? Think again! countrycutie talks about the difference between BDSM fantasy and reality, and the trouble confusing the two can cause.
18. STD Myths: You Can't Really Believe That! by lovesexandmarriage
It's amazing the crazy things people believe when it comes to STDs and protection. Here are some of the craziest lovesexandmarriage has heard, and the real truths that people need to know.
19. How Young Is Too Young? by Fantasy315
Not every sex-crazed teenager should be having sex. But how young is too young?
20. Do YOU think it's better? by PropertyOfPotter
Love is an amazing thing. For such a short word, it packs an incredible meaning which differs from person to person. No two people in the whole world define the word in the same way. It produces the most amazing highs and the most rock bottom lows. Love is a verb. Love is a battlefield. Love is patient. Love is blind. What is love? And is it truly better to to have loved and lost, or to never experience it at all?
21. CatalystCon: More than just a sex education conference by Technogeisha
Have you ever been to a sexuality conference? Technogeisha attended CatalystCon this year, and wrote about the experience for SexIs Magazine.
22. How Far is Too Far? by Jenny Swallows
A recent French movie shattered mainstream cinematic expectations by incorporating scenes of real sex in place of the usual simulation. And a lot of people got very upset. Were you one of them?
23. I will never be you. -Or- I don't understand white people. by geekkink
So you think you know someone just by looking at them? You've got another thing coming. geekkink tells you all the reasons your snap judgment is wrong.
24. The Great Foreskin Debate by LunaLuthor
Should we circumcize our boys? There are arguments for and against the practice. Both sides claim to have science to back up their beliefs. Here's one person's opinion.
25. Blow Job Tips by Miss Appear
We, at SexIs, don't think there's any such thing as a blow job that's "too good". Study up and see if you can prove us wrong.