1. What is it? Whatever you think CBT might be right now, I can promise you that some people do that. When it comes to wanting to put the hurt on the tender bits, tastes vary widely. Slapping your dick against the mouth of the person giving you head might qualify as extremely mild CBT, while driving a nail through your cockhead would be a more extreme example. (Yes, it happens. I have seen it with my own eyes, and I would not lie to you.)
2. Are you still with me? Did you need some smelling salts after that? Not to worry – the majority of CBT enthusiasts practice something in between these two extremes. One can twist, prod, smack, and squeeze the cock plenty using nothing but one's hands. These are popular choices for CBT tools, as they're free, always at the ready, and afford maximum control over just how much pain gets dealt out. Clothespins are also popular. Crushers have a certain market share – remember how as a kid you had that device where you put a flower between two panes of acrylic and then screwed them down tight to flatten the thing? You'll never look at one the same way now!
3. Why CBT: the masochist edition. For masochists who associate pain with sexual pleasure (and not all masochists do; some enjoy pain in a nonsexual way), CBT can be an embarrassment of riches. The direct connection between pain and sexuality can be an extremely powerful one, and some folks interpret some pain as simply more intense sexual stimulation.
4. Why CBT: the brain edition. Then, of course, there are the fantasies. CBT goes well with alien abduction scenarios, “bad boy” punishments, humiliation scenes, and many other fantasies involving vulnerability and its exploitation. It can also be perceived as a rite of passage, a test of endurance, or a pledge of submission.
5. The top perspective. Who are the folks actually doling out so much hurt on the bait and tackle? Just like sadists of any other stripe, there is no “type.” However, on the unhealthy side of things, it's disturbingly easy to find CBT enthusiasts who are motivated by a grudge against men. Their motivation is not to provide a mutually satisfying sadomasochistic encounter, but to punish your twig and berries for the sins of all the men who came before you. As always, it's a good idea to know who's got a hold of your meat and two veg and what their intentions are with said precious commodities. Not all torturers are created equal!