(For those of you with female partners, tune in next month for the cunnilingus primer!)
• Don't always wait for him to ask: surprise him with it when he least expects it (or when he's had a particularly bad day at work).
• It's like The Little Engine Who Could: If you think you're great at oral sex, then you will be. Confidence is key.
• Tie your hair back (or have him gently hold it back for you) to keep any stray strands from getting in your way and to give him a better view.
• Having full disclosure about potential STDs and using a condom if necessary will help you better focus on the pleasure at hand, rather than being overwhelmed with worry about the potential of exchanging infections (in either direction).
• Don't worry about how you look down there: at that moment, you're the most beautiful person in the world to him.
• Your tongue should be in constant motion, especially at the beginning: if his genitals are a blank canvas, then your tongue is a soft paintbrush that makes swirls like van Gogh's.
• Don't be afraid to get wet and messy with your salvia – it's more fun that way, not to mention easier.
• Breathe through your nose.
• Deep-throating is overrated. It's not cheating to use your hands. In fact, making your hands an extension of your mouth can often mean the difference between out-of-this world oral and out-of-this-universe oral.
• If you've got a free hand, rub his surrounding territories: his tummy, inner thighs, perineum and testicles need tender loving care too.
• Make noise: it lets him know you’re having a good time, plus, the vibration can feel nice.
• Gradually get into a groove, a steady up and down rhythm – think of a sewing machine bobbin, only sexier.
• No need to do your best toothless-octogenarian impression, just keep your lips loose and soft, and keep your suction level set to low or off.
• It's okay to come up for air whenever you need to, just be sure to continue the motion with your hands.
• If you don't like him thrusting his pelvis or moving your head with his hands, speak up. This should feel good for you too (or at least, not uncomfortable).
• Once he's on his final lap, fast and steady wins the race!
• What to do when he climaxes is your choice: whether you want to take a drink, use a spittoon, or finish him off with your hands is completely up to you.
Come back next month for oral sex tips to use on her!