I have a confession to make. I’ve been working at SexIs for almost two years, and I’ve never really had a vacation. (I know: Take out the world’s tiniest violin and start playing it just for me.) But last year, a friend invited us to her wedding this New Year’s Eve, and we’ve accepted the invitation. Weather permitting, I’ll be on a plane for Ireland tomorrow.
A few days before Christmas, we got word that the father of a friend had passed away. The funeral is this afternoon. Though it made for a somber holiday, we did finally get to meet Charlie, the newborn son of some other friends, on Christmas Eve. The next day, I roasted a goose. We counted our blessings, and reflected on the fact that "to everything, there is indeed a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
Judy Collins and Pete Seeger perform "Turn, Turn, Turn"
I won’t be here next week, so look for a letter from SexIs’ stellar Senior Editor, Jeff Schult, in my stead. He’ll fill you in on the week’s events with his usual aplomb.
Before I head out, I just wanted to thank everyone—readers, staff and contributors—for making SexIs such a special destination for sex-positive voices of every description.
Best wishes for a healthy, prosperous New Year, and thanks for reading. See you in 2011!
This Week on SexIs
• The Whore Journals…Is our intrepid sex worker ready to throw in the towel? A date with a 500-pound client tips the scales toward yes.
• In his first-person report, Johnny Murdoc, gives us the scoop on Sex Postive St. Louis to see how one city is making the world a better place for acceptance and fun.
• This week on Tuesdays With Nina, our favorite seXXXpert tackles the case of a bi-curious beginner who wants to know the finer points of having sex, woman-to-woman.
• Modern Love Muse Tinamarie Bernard maps The Anatomy of Female Lust to uncover why what’s in our loins doesn’t always agree with what’s in our heads.
• Sinclair Sexsmith latest adventure with his “other girlfriend,” New York City.
• Rachel Kramer Bussel ponders her year and sex and hopes for better things to come in 2011.
• The Bloggess reveals her Top 10 Strangest Things for the month. Let’s just say, you’ve outdone yourselves once again.
• Kal Cobalt peels back the skin of the Pomegranate to reveal the juicy flesh of the tale beneath for the Appetites Project.
• Rydell Johnson takes a humorous trip up the condom aisle.