Does it seem like Eden has less BDSM?

Marie Hanna Marie Hanna
I've always loved the selection that Eden carries but lately it seems like I can't find any BDSM I like. Is it just me?
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
Yes there seems to be less BDSM.
53  (79%)
No it looks about the same.
2  (3%)
Other?
5  (7%)
Eh. I don't really care about it.
7  (10%)
Total votes: 67
Poll is closed
06/15/2013
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
bratcat bratcat
I do agree to some degree. A lot of their stock has gone down when it comes to bdsm play, but im hoping that means their clearing out old stock to bring in new things.
06/16/2013
kendra30752 kendra30752
Quote:
Originally posted by Marie Hanna
I've always loved the selection that Eden carries but lately it seems like I can't find any BDSM I like. Is it just me?
Well, a while back, I did think so, but lately, I was pretty sure they'd added more. I don't know. I've not been really active about checking the products anymore, so I could be wrong. I did think they had gotten a good collection going though. A start at least. Maybe I was wrong.
06/16/2013
eri86 eri86
Might not be a section that makes as much profit as others.
06/16/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Yes, it seems like a lot of things have gone out of stock or been discontinued, and haven't been replaced. I was so sad not to be able to get those Dragon Silk restraints and blindfolds.
06/16/2013
Dolphin Lady Dolphin Lady
it seems like it.
06/16/2013
Marie Hanna Marie Hanna
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
Yes, it seems like a lot of things have gone out of stock or been discontinued, and haven't been replaced. I was so sad not to be able to get those Dragon Silk restraints and blindfolds.
I was looking at those too! It seems like a lot of restraints are going away.
06/16/2013
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
A recent wave of beginner items were added. More '50 Shades' items, but it seems like the higher quality products aren't being added in the same way.
06/16/2013
Gdom Gdom
Yep, Eden's BDSM selection has definitely decreased (especially over the past few months it seems). I understand that most of the site's users aren't looking for hardcore kink gear, but it's still sad to see some of the quality BDSM equipment Eden used to have disappearing in favor of more silk ribbons and fuzzy handcuffs.
06/16/2013
Hallmar82 Hallmar82
I don't care for a huge selection like on ExtremeRestraints or the Stockroom but I think EF needs to keep enough high-quality products to provide incentive for intermediate and advanced users to stay here and not go elsewhere.
06/16/2013
MrWill MrWill
My thoughts: When 50 shades was all the rage, people wanted more BDSM gear. Now that the 50 shades craze is dying, sales probably dropped pretty quick on all BDSM stuff, so they stock less.
06/16/2013
GingerSpice GingerSpice
yeah, all the things i did want never came back in stock
06/16/2013
Dixiemomma Dixiemomma
i dont think there is less bdsm stuff... the quality just plummeted.... they have brought in several new items but they are just bleh, nothing i'd care to own.
06/16/2013
married with children married with children
it seems like there are less and less of everything of quality. But maybe thats just me.
06/16/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by PropertyOfPotter
A recent wave of beginner items were added. More '50 Shades' items, but it seems like the higher quality products aren't being added in the same way.
This is true--perhaps the issue isn't so much one of quantity, but of the quality and type of stocked items. I will admit that I would never purchase anything with a "50 Shades" label on it, no matter how good the quality, as that label, to me, screams "trendy" and "frivolous" and I wouldn't be able to seriously use the item.
06/16/2013
edeneve edeneve
EF offers much less of all products they used to offer, sadly...
06/16/2013
GirlyGirlRed GirlyGirlRed
yes
06/17/2013
Pixel Pixel
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
This is true--perhaps the issue isn't so much one of quantity, but of the quality and type of stocked items. I will admit that I would never purchase anything with a "50 Shades" label on it, no matter how good the quality, as that ... More
This! *points up* Also, almost the entire Lovehoney 50 Shades line is so poorly made that it isn't worth picking up to look at, let alone buying. :/ The 'flogger' felt like pieces of glued together paper, and smelled disgusting.
06/17/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by Pixel
This! *points up* Also, almost the entire Lovehoney 50 Shades line is so poorly made that it isn't worth picking up to look at, let alone buying. :/ The 'flogger' felt like pieces of glued together paper, and smelled disgusting.
Yeesh, really? Wow. The one that really floored me was the gray polyester necktie, marketed as a BDSM restraint item. Yeah...I'm sure I can get a better quality necktie for less at a clothing store.
06/17/2013
sXeVegan90 sXeVegan90
Yes, everything I want is either out of stock or discontinued. It's so saddening.
06/17/2013
novanilla novanilla
A lot of what they have now is those stupid beginner kits.
06/17/2013
Marie Hanna Marie Hanna
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
This is true--perhaps the issue isn't so much one of quantity, but of the quality and type of stocked items. I will admit that I would never purchase anything with a "50 Shades" label on it, no matter how good the quality, as that ... More
Yes! I should have said quality BDSM because there does seem to be plenty of Fifty Shades of Grey...
06/17/2013
HannahPanda HannahPanda
They used to sell a lot of good BDSM stuff but not so much anymore..
06/17/2013
Pixel Pixel
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
Yeesh, really? Wow. The one that really floored me was the gray polyester necktie, marketed as a BDSM restraint item. Yeah...I'm sure I can get a better quality necktie for less at a clothing store.
Seriously. lol. If I was going to use a tie for kink purposes, I'd go to a second-hand store. You can sometimes get 5 for $1.
06/17/2013
FieryRed FieryRed
Quote:
Originally posted by Pixel
Seriously. lol. If I was going to use a tie for kink purposes, I'd go to a second-hand store. You can sometimes get 5 for $1.
No kidding! And some are real silk, too!

Somewhat OT: Another thing that bothers me is when manufacturers use a word like "silk" or "leather" in the name of an item that ISN'T made of that material. Pipedream and Doc Johnson are two that come to mind who have done this. It has often fooled the EF descriptive reviewer, and then EF becomes the one doing the false advertising.
06/17/2013
Pixel Pixel
Quote:
Originally posted by FieryRed
No kidding! And some are real silk, too!

Somewhat OT: Another thing that bothers me is when manufacturers use a word like "silk" or "leather" in the name of an item that ISN'T made of that material. Pipedream and Doc ... More
omg, yes! The 'silk' rope. *growls* Try 'cotton that doesn't even feel silky'. Or 'suspension kits' with rope that is definitely not going to be safe for an actual suspension. In that case, not only is it false advertising, it's downright dangerous. /rant

Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP! Just needed to vent for a sec.
06/17/2013
MrsandMrbunnysoffun MrsandMrbunnysoffun
I would love to see them carry so much more, It is actually a little disappointing.
06/17/2013
mailroomorder mailroomorder
Quote:
Originally posted by Marie Hanna
I've always loved the selection that Eden carries but lately it seems like I can't find any BDSM I like. Is it just me?
I've never really noticed--but it definitely has less BDSM than other toys. But then again, it doesn't specialize in BDSM.
06/17/2013
Pete's Princess Pete's Princess
Yes there seems to be less, but that seems to be true for several other product types as well.
06/17/2013
marshmallow marshmallow
yeah, much less, which is sad
06/18/2013
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 54
Unique posters: 42