#EdenCooks - Thursday, April 14th at 8pm EST

Alys Alys
Welcome to the second ever meeting of Eden Cooks!

This club is for any members of the members of the Eden community who are interested in learning more about cooking. We will meet on the forum to discuss everything from tips and pointers for less well-equipped kitchens, explanations of confusing cooking terms and important techniques. There will be a featured recipe each meeting, with pictures taken as I prepare it for you. I will cover some ingredient substitutions to make each recipe covered more friendly to people with dietary restrictions.

A $25 gift card will be awarded during the meeting for the winner of a contest where you guess the lesser known kitchen implement from a series of photos that I take. And another will be given to the winner of a trivia contest.

This month’s recipe will be a Mediterranean fish dish that is easily converted to a pasta dish for those among us who don’t eat fish. The meeting will take place here on the forum at 8 pm EST on Thursday, April 14th. I hope to see you here!

Last month’s meeting which featured a roasted squash soup can be found here.

I will be available through private messages on Eden, or through my email: alys (dot) alcyone (at) gmail (dot) com for questions as to techniques you want to see covered during the next meeting, or suggestions for recipes you would like to see made in a future meeting.
04/08/2011
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 70% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 50% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 40% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 25% Clearance
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
I soooo cannot wait for this!
04/11/2011
kendra30752 kendra30752
I for one am VERY excited for this! It's already made me want to eat!
04/12/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
I'm gonna be there, although a few minutes late.
04/13/2011
BusyMe BusyMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
Welcome to the second ever meeting of Eden Cooks!



This club is for any members of the members of the Eden community who are interested in learning more about cooking. We will meet on the forum to discuss everything from tips and ... More
Yeah I made shrimp tacos a while back and was wondering how I could.. Kick it up.. to something I could eat everyday.. This sounds delicious. How do I join the cooking club?
04/13/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by BusyMe
Yeah I made shrimp tacos a while back and was wondering how I could.. Kick it up.. to something I could eat everyday.. This sounds delicious. How do I join the cooking club?
It's pretty easy, you just show up!

The meetings take place here in the forum, but there are a few other places to look for some fun Eden Cooks knowledge. Here's last month's meeting, here's a thread to have your cooking questions answered by myself or other members of the cooking community, and here's last month's Iron Chef Eden challenge.

You can also check out the Eden Cooks corner in the Eden Clubs & Events blog here.

Hope I didn't overwhelm you
04/13/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by BusyMe
Yeah I made shrimp tacos a while back and was wondering how I could.. Kick it up.. to something I could eat everyday.. This sounds delicious. How do I join the cooking club?
Alys, of course, covered things quite well. To clarify, the meeting on Thursday is not just in this forum, but in this very thread.
04/13/2011
Fullbeauty Fullbeauty
OOH! I'm so excited for this! I'll be here with bells on!
04/13/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Yay this is just a few hours away!!
04/14/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I am bummed, going to have to miss it. Kid has a band concert tonight.

I will of course be reading when I get home.
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Two hours and fifteen minutes.... ready yet?
04/14/2011
liilii080 liilii080
That sounds yummy! I hope I can make it.
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Less than an hour!!
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Fifteen minutes to go! Everybody get excited!
04/14/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
Fifteen minutes to go! Everybody get excited!
I'm excited!!!
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm excited!!!
Me too!! Can you tell?
04/14/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
Me too!! Can you tell?
By your liberal use of exclamation points? Why yes I can!
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
By your liberal use of exclamation points? Why yes I can!
I am far calmer than last time, so I consider that a success!
04/14/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
I am far calmer than last time, so I consider that a success!
Calmer is always gooder


And how appropriate, my husband is watching Swedish Chef clips on youtube while we start this meeting, lol.
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Calmer is always gooder





And how appropriate, my husband is watching Swedish Chef clips on youtube while we start this meeting, lol.
I tend not to throw food around the kitchen as I cook
04/14/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
I tend not to throw food around the kitchen as I cook
He heard "Eden Cooks" and then I got to see how the holes in donuts really get there.
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
He heard "Eden Cooks" and then I got to see how the holes in donuts really get there.
Hahaha
04/14/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
I tend not to throw food around the kitchen as I cook
Here I am! Glad I won't have to duck.
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Here I am! Glad I won't have to duck.
Hi!!!
04/14/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
I'm here!
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
I'm here!
Glad you could make it so soon! How was swimming?
04/14/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Alys
Glad you could make it so soon! How was swimming?
Hot. I had a nice long talk with my mom while I was there about what I do on EF and everything else, so that was...interesting.
04/14/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Hot. I had a nice long talk with my mom while I was there about what I do on EF and everything else, so that was...interesting.
Oh man, what prompted that discussion?
04/14/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Oh man, what prompted that discussion?
She's my mom. I just wanted her to know about what's going on in my life. She took it like I figured - you'll appreciate this Alys - she mostly shook her head and laughed.
04/14/2011
Alys Alys
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
She's my mom. I just wanted her to know about what's going on in my life. She took it like I figured - you'll appreciate this Alys - she mostly shook her head and laughed.
Good woman!

Alrighty I should get this all started soon, then.
04/14/2011
Total posts: 217
Unique posters: 14