One Toy = One Tree - Evolved Novelties & Edenfantasys Celebrate Earth Day!

Ansley Ansley


Celebrate Earth Day 2012 with Evolved Novelties and Edenfantasys!



Evolved Novelties and Edenfantasys have teamed together in support of Plantabillion.org for Earth Day this year. For every Evolved toy purchased between today, April 13th through Monday April 23rd, Eden and Evolved will donate one tree to the cause. Click here to find out more information on joining the cause! Oh and look at that---all Evolved toys are 25% off!

What steps do you take to reduce your footprints when it comes to protecting the planet?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
I recycle plastics, glass, metal, cardboard, and paper products.
humblepie , Carrie Ann , underHim , Femme Mystique , VioletMoonstone , ChickenFeathers , Ansley , Ms. N , Sir , hillys , sunkissedJess , Hestia , Raigne , BurntToast , ghalik , Kindred , goodeatz , Ciao. , eggiweg , Incendiaire , Kitka , AzureStroke , Daemonin , Airen Wolf , Stinkytofu10 , Do emu , aliceinthehole , mpfm , darthkitt3n , ily , Terri69 , lillmiss5054 , griffonc , Kate , kawigrl , Gracie , Modern^Spank^Anthem , SaraBroughman , Kiwi Green , Isabel0329 , SexyTabby , padmeamidala , Teacookie , Starkiller87 , StarFire , loveshocks , nannaof3 , Explore , fallwillow , Adriana Ravenlust
50
I use reusable shopping bags for groceries and errands instead of plastic or paper bags.
humblepie , Carrie Ann , Femme Mystique , ChickenFeathers , Ansley , succulenthunny616 , Sir , hillys , sunkissedJess , Hestia , BurntToast , Kindred , goodeatz , eggiweg , Incendiaire , Kitka , AzureStroke , coconut1 , Airen Wolf , Stinkytofu10 , Do emu , aliceinthehole , mpfm , ily , Terri69 , lillmiss5054 , Kate , kawigrl , Gracie , SaraBroughman , Isabel0329 , SexyTabby , padmeamidala , Starkiller87 , StarFire , loveshocks , fallwillow , Adriana Ravenlust
38
I purchase toys that use rechargeable batteries instead of traditional disposable batteries.
Carrie Ann , Femme Mystique , unfulfilled , Beck , Nazaress , Ansley , Sir , hillys , Hestia , Raigne , BurntToast , ghalik , Kindred , goodeatz , eggiweg , Kitka , Airen Wolf , mpfm , Jaimes , Woman China , lillmiss5054 , Gracie , SaraBroughman , Isabel0329 , SexyTabby , Teacookie , panthercat23 , loveshocks
28
I try to eat organic, locally grown foods to reduce vehicle emissions and corporate farming.
humblepie , Carrie Ann , Femme Mystique , Sir , sunkissedJess , Ryuson , Raigne , BurntToast , ghalik , Kindred , goodeatz , Ciao. , eggiweg , Incendiaire , Kitka , AzureStroke , Daemonin , Airen Wolf , Do emu , darthkitt3n , Woman China , lillmiss5054 , SaraBroughman , SexyTabby , Teacookie , Starkiller87 , loveshocks , fallwillow
28
I walk, bike or use public transportation as much as I can.
humblepie , Femme Mystique , Missmarc , Beck , PeaceToTheMiddleEast , Melan!e , Sir , hillys , Ryuson , Raigne , BurntToast , ghalik , Ciao. , eggiweg , Incendiaire , AzureStroke , coconut1 , Do emu , aliceinthehole , darthkitt3n , Woman China , SaraBroughman , padmeamidala , Starkiller87 , loveshocks , fallwillow , Adriana Ravenlust
27
I have a fuel-economy vehicle that is either great on gas mileage or a hybrid.
Femme Mystique , unfulfilled , Ansley , Ms. N , Ryuson , ghalik , Ciao. , Airen Wolf , Do emu , Jaimes , Gracie , Isabel0329 , Teacookie
13
Other (answer in comments)
Femme Mystique , unfulfilled , Beck , Sir , ghalik , Ciao. , Jaimes , Woman China , WetJenn , Gracie , SaraBroughman , Teacookie
12
I'm a llama!
Missmarc , Beck , Nazaress , hillys , BurntToast , ghalik , Kitka , coconut1 , Airen Wolf , darthkitt3n , Woman China , Jon S , SaraBroughman , Teacookie , Adriana Ravenlust
15
Total votes: 211 (64 voters)
Poll is closed
04/13/2012
  • Buy 1 Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Femme Mystique Femme Mystique
My "other" is that I'm also a vegetarian.
04/13/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
My other is I use rechargeable batteries for those toys that require batteries. I use rechargeable batteries for everything and have ever since my oldest was little and all his toys required batteries. You learn quite fast that you need something like rechargeable batteries when you're a mom on a budget.
04/13/2012
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
This is awesome! I love Evolved and I care a lot about the environment. We recycle plastic bottles and take all our paper and cardboard down to the recycling place downtown.
04/13/2012
ChickenFeathers ChickenFeathers
I use recycled things and try to recycle as much as I can. It's made things easier since the city has issued recycling bins to everyone for pickup on trash day.
04/13/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
My other is I use rechargeable batteries for those toys that require batteries. I use rechargeable batteries for everything and have ever since my oldest was little and all his toys required batteries. You learn quite fast that you need something ... More
This is very true. Rechargeable batteries are all I have. We also get the plastic bags at checkout to reuse them for the bathroom garbage. (Not recycling, but they are being used rather than just thrown away.)
04/13/2012
Nazaress Nazaress
I don't do much. I'm a horrible person. Lol. I do have rechargeable toys but that's mostly for me. Heh.
04/13/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
I walk pretty much everywhere. Good for me and the environment.
I also reuse my plastic bags and sometimes bring reusable bags for groceries (I'm forgetful though).
04/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Melan!e
I walk pretty much everywhere. Good for me and the environment.
I also reuse my plastic bags and sometimes bring reusable bags for groceries (I'm forgetful though).
I'm forgetful, too. But I try to put them right back in the car after they're unloaded.
04/13/2012
succulenthunny616 succulenthunny616
I try to recycle when I can!
04/13/2012
Sir Sir
I make sure to reuse things as much as possible, I do not recycle something until it's used completely, and I also buy things from people rather than buying new things when I can.
04/13/2012
hillys hillys
I try to recycle, but the problem is a lot of us do not recycle right so more energy is spent on processing the recycled materials which is a problem. Throw away your bottle caps recycle the bottles
04/13/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
I buy Evolved toys to make Eden and Evolved plant trees! Hahaha.

But other than that I use reusable water bottles (that helps a TON) and I try and recycle when I can. It's hard because there are only like 4 places on campus where you can recycle.
04/13/2012
Ciao. Ciao.
I may not be a llama but we do a pretty good job of being environmentally conscious here. Recycling is really easy in our city, I live about a mile away from my work so I can walk to it whenever the weather is nice, I only use reusable water bottles, we grow a lot of our own food in our garden, and during the summer get most of the rest of it from a farm that is about a mile in the other direction. We may not be perfect, but I think we're in better shape than a lot of people!
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I forgot to mention I recycle my husbands soda cans.
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I buy Evolved toys to make Eden and Evolved plant trees! Hahaha.

But other than that I use reusable water bottles (that helps a TON) and I try and recycle when I can. It's hard because there are only like 4 places on campus where you can ... More
I had just placed an order for several of the items in the Roulette line before they made this announcement. Few days early, so sad because I can't help contribute a few trees.
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
This is very true. Rechargeable batteries are all I have. We also get the plastic bags at checkout to reuse them for the bathroom garbage. (Not recycling, but they are being used rather than just thrown away.)
I do that too Beck and if I have too many I just take them back to Wal-mart and put them in their plastic bag recycling bin. Hopefully Wal-Mart is recycling them because I'm making the effort to take them all the way back.
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
My other is I use rechargeable batteries for those toys that require batteries. I use rechargeable batteries for everything and have ever since my oldest was little and all his toys required batteries. You learn quite fast that you need something ... More
Before the kids were born and I was still using regular batteries, I recycled my old batteries at the health food store that I worked. My boss had a tub that we put them in and once the tub was full, he'd send them off to be recycled.
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Ciao.
I may not be a llama but we do a pretty good job of being environmentally conscious here. Recycling is really easy in our city, I live about a mile away from my work so I can walk to it whenever the weather is nice, I only use reusable water ... More
I wish our town was like that. I live in a very small rural town and they do not have any type of recycling efforts.
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I thought of something else. I also try to drink water out of the filter and only use plastic bottle when I'm not at home.
04/14/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Melan!e
I walk pretty much everywhere. Good for me and the environment.
I also reuse my plastic bags and sometimes bring reusable bags for groceries (I'm forgetful though).
I don't live in a place that is convenient to walk everywhere. It would be nice if that was the case because like you said it's good for me and the environment.
04/14/2012
Kitka Kitka
I just started my own veggie garden in a couple greenhouses we picked up.
04/14/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Celebrate Earth Day 2012 with Evolved Novelties and Edenfantasys! Evolved Novelties and Edenfantasys have teamed together in support of Plantabillion.org for Earth Day this year. For every Evolved toy purchased between today, April 13th through ... More
I bought a tree!!! Got a nice toy out of the deal...

We started a container garden this year...tomato plants, pepper plants, herbs and some flowers. We intend on having a good garden in a few years but we are learning slowly.
04/15/2012
Do emu Do emu
Yes to just about everything. I live in Oregon, duh.
04/16/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
I bought a tree!!! Got a nice toy out of the deal...

We started a container garden this year...tomato plants, pepper plants, herbs and some flowers. We intend on having a good garden in a few years but we are learning slowly.
YAY!!!


I think it's great that everyone tries to do what they can. I just read an article about this new mushroom they've found that breaks down plastics into mulch and another that can create a styrofoam alternative. It's pretty neat!!

I think that's one thing we don't give Mother Nature enough credit for - she is fully capable of righting all of our wrongs, it just might take a couple of steps in evolution. Still, we should reduce what wastes we can and try to plant as many trees and flowers as possible.

Maybe next year we'll tackle the declining honeybee population.
04/16/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
I thought about another thing we do. We take our old ink cartridges and recycle them. They have a thing at Staples or you can go online and do it as well.
04/16/2012
Jaimes Jaimes
It's an odd way to recycle, but my husband and I burn old clothing or paper items that aren't recyclable and we can't donate to Goodwill or some other organization. The ashes get used in my gardens. We are also actively looking into composting.

We've never been really environmentally savvy people, but we've noticed that it's starting to become more important to us, and we look for little ways to pay attention to our eco-habits. We don't do bottled water, I just use tap water in old gatorade containers. We switched to better lightbulbs, and we don't run the AC very often. Granted an Atlanta summer makes it impossible to go without, but I rely on moving air when it's cool enough. Our vehicle is really economic with fuel.

It's not the most we could do, but it's a good starting place for people who haven't paid as much attention as they could have in the past. I'm looking forward to doing more at home, because I really, really enjoy planning these types of events for work!
04/16/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaimes
It's an odd way to recycle, but my husband and I burn old clothing or paper items that aren't recyclable and we can't donate to Goodwill or some other organization. The ashes get used in my gardens. We are also actively looking into ... More
I think that's great, Jaimes! I'd never thought of the ash thing...most HOA's call the cops/fire department when people start burning stuff in their yards, even if it's perfectly safe.

I'd like to think that because we only have on vehicle and I don't drive that we're doing a little more of our fair share. We don't buy bottled water and recycle the plastic bags from the grocery when we can. I also take all of my Eden boxes down to the recycle center so people can grab them if they're moving or whatever. I keep all of the brown paper that comes with orders to reuse at a later date.

I think every little thing helps.
04/16/2012
Jaimes Jaimes
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I think that's great, Jaimes! I'd never thought of the ash thing...most HOA's call the cops/fire department when people start burning stuff in their yards, even if it's perfectly safe.

I'd like to think that because we ... More
It's definitely not an option for alot of folks with strict HOA's, but we don't have to deal with one, and use a chimnea, so it's nice and contained.
04/16/2012
Ansley Ansley
Does anyone want to take a guess at how many trees we may or may not have donated so far?
04/16/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 48
Unique posters: 27