Writers Club - Who wants to form / join?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Writers Club - Who wants to form / join?

Gary Gary
This is an idea that many of you have suggested in the past, and recently during the CEC meetings. So let's do it!

What I need from you:

- Who is interested in joining ?
- What date / time / frequency should we get together?
- What styles of writing are you interested in?
- Who is interested in helping to organize or moderate these events?

Please post all of your ideas and suggestions on this thread.
12/09/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
It's been so long, I don't remember the exact details of this. I remember talking about it when you first brought it up.

I would love to join because I love to write. I specifically like reading and writing poetry and opinionated editorials.

I would imagine that this would be best as a once a month thing.

Depending on the duties and the frequency of meeting, I would love to help out as well as participate!
12/09/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
I'm thinking monthly would be a good start, and if enough activity pops up or enough interest is shown, maybe have it be every other week or something like that.

I would be very interested in reading the writing of others, although my writing talent isn't all that great, so I don't think I'd have much of anything to share besides some random rants, lol.
12/09/2010
Illusional Illusional
Agreed!
12/09/2010
Bunnycups Bunnycups
Me! I'd like to join. I'm interested in prose poetry, free verse, versification, narrative and descriptive prose. I'm also interested in journaling, creative writing and literary fiction. During the week in the evening is good for me. I'm not a writer either, but I love reading and I'll contribute my humble writings to the club. What do the tasks include for organizing and monitoring the events?
12/09/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
This is an idea that many of you have suggested in the past, and recently during the CEC meetings. So let's do it!

What I need from you:

- Who is interested in joining ?
- What date / time / frequency should we get ...
I would love to join a club based on writing erotica or outright porn! I'm always interested in helping moderate and organize. I'd love more info about the whole premise, will it be a sort of here's our topic now write? Would we be discussing the submissions in the club meetings? It sounds amazing!
12/09/2010
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
I am interested and I absolutely love to write. I have been writing a lot of academic papers, and my reviews, but I have not had a chance to write anything different for some time.

I feel like I could commit to once a month for this, depending on what day/time it is!

I would also love for Airen to help me with writing Erotica... I am starting to be more and more interested in that!
12/10/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
I'd be interested. I love to write.

Evenings are not good for me for meeting though. My Man, the kids, homework, usually early bedtimes. Days are much better for me, but I don't know if they are for other people.

It's the main reason I haven't joined the other clubs that I wanted to.

I have a "high need husband."
12/10/2010
SexyTabby SexyTabby
lmao @ high need husband


I'd love to be a part of this one. I love writing but it's been awhile since I took time for myself to do it. Definitely would like to hear more details on this.
12/10/2010
VictoriaRose VictoriaRose
I would love to join as well! I write erotica and short historical fiction. I am open to meeting most anytime, but monthly in the evening would probably work best. Please let me know if I can help with moderating or organizing in any way. Can't Wait!
12/10/2010
Victoria Victoria
I think this club is going to be very interesting! Looks like monthly in the evenings is the best for most people.
12/10/2010
ToyGeek ToyGeek
I'm torn. I'd enjoy it, but I'm not sure how much of my fiction writing style I'm willing to discuss here, since I blog about writing under another name, and I'm super-paranoid. I'll show up if I can, though.
12/10/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
I'm torn. I'd enjoy it, but I'm not sure how much of my fiction writing style I'm willing to discuss here, since I blog about writing under another name, and I'm super-paranoid. I'll show up if I can, though.
We are just throwing some ideas around at the moment, although I do see your concern. Please feel free to offer any suggestions that might make things easier for you and we will definitely consider them!
12/10/2010
J's Alley J's Alley
I am really interested, and I would love to see more details on this. I have done some journalism, and I am thinking of going back for my degree in it.
12/10/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by J's Alley
I am really interested, and I would love to see more details on this. I have done some journalism, and I am thinking of going back for my degree in it.
As far as details go, I am asking all of you. What kind of club appeals to you? If everyone offers up some feedback and ideas we can all work together to make it happen.

I can see a lot of potential here! (both in our community of writers, as well as the direction of this project)
12/10/2010
Kayla Kayla
I think it'd be kinda neat to have some sort of "erotica" theme once in awhile. Maybe to write about a specific place (beach) or a specific toy (Liberator Wedge). I'm not sure how active of a participant I'd be, but I'd be happy to help moderate the program. It really depends on what we're actually doing as to whether I'd participate.

Maybe if we ran with the erotica idea, EF could publish an "annual EF erotica" book like I know BetterSex did one year. That'd be totally amazing and would be a collectable for some of us here.
12/10/2010
Gary Gary
Ok, here is something to think about.

Would you rather a club where writers could discuss things that they have written, OR would you rather get together, decide on topics, write about them, and then share and compare?
12/10/2010
Love Buzz Love Buzz
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
I think this club is going to be very interesting! Looks like monthly in the evenings is the best for most people.
I would certainly be interested in participating, the evening meeting like we have had for the porn club work really well with the difference in the time zones between the US and Australia.
12/10/2010
SexyTabby SexyTabby
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ok, here is something to think about.

Would you rather a club where writers could discuss things that they have written, OR would you rather get together, decide on topics, write about them, and then share and compare?
Decide on topics, write about them, then share and compare.
12/10/2010
Sammi Sammi
I like the idea of once a month, in the evening, to get together. I'm interested in a lot of styles, really.

I think it would be fun to pick a topic or two and have everyone write on that - it would be fun to compare the different ways people write about the same idea.
12/10/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I'd be interested. I love to write.

Evenings are not good for me for meeting though. My Man, the kids, homework, usually early bedtimes. Days are much better for me, but I don't know if they are for other people.

It's the ...
You just need a good wife is all...if you had one of those you could join the guys at the club! :p
12/10/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
I think it'd be kinda neat to have some sort of "erotica" theme once in awhile. Maybe to write about a specific place (beach) or a specific toy (Liberator Wedge). I'm not sure how active of a participant I'd be, but I'd be ...
I like the idea of a bit of directed erotica...sort of an anthology theme. Start with a toy and write about how you'd use it. Start with a mini theme like: 'Once there was this hot little forgotten beach where couples who happen upon it have the most amazing encounters...'
I work better with loose direction and it would be amazing to see what the community could come up with given our vastly different backgrounds.
We could even have a sort of "ready, set, write" where Gary or Victoria (or anyone really) comes up with some really weird items like some stockings, a full face mask, a strange dildo and a giant inflatable penis and we write trying to incorporate all the items into the story.
It just sounds like fun, especially if we have a time limit on submissions and then a meeting to discuss the stories. Or a forum even where each story could be discussed individually, and then a meeting to sort of discuss them all.
Could even have monthly themes based on the month...gaaah so much we could do!
12/10/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ok, here is something to think about.

Would you rather a club where writers could discuss things that they have written, OR would you rather get together, decide on topics, write about them, and then share and compare?
I would rather write and discuss topics we decide on. For some of us it's great practice since writers should write as much as possible. It will also make some more timid writers feel more welcome if we are all starting on the same footing. Keeping it fresh and relevant seems like it would be more fun to me at any rate. I don't write for publication very often, I write for the guys to broadening my horizons would be amazing!
12/10/2010
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ok, here is something to think about.

Would you rather a club where writers could discuss things that they have written, OR would you rather get together, decide on topics, write about them, and then share and compare?
Personally, I'm not bringing anything I've already written to the table, because it's all out in the world under other names. However, I don't want to let my paranoia dictate to the group.
12/11/2010
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Random semi-related question: any chance of EF stocking a few books about writing erotica, such as Susie Bright's "How to Write a Dirty Story" -- it could be a useful tool for this club.
12/11/2010
Annemarie Annemarie
I would join! I adore writing, and am trying to expand my writing repertoire, so I'm open for anything. My schedule is virtually completely open now, so whenever works.
12/11/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
Personally, I'm not bringing anything I've already written to the table, because it's all out in the world under other names. However, I don't want to let my paranoia dictate to the group.
Yeah, you mentioned that earlier. I thought that the idea of writing together on topics might be something that would allow you to participate if you were interested. Of course we are all still brainstorming, but ultimately it would great to find a way to include everyone.
12/11/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
Random semi-related question: any chance of EF stocking a few books about writing erotica, such as Susie Bright's "How to Write a Dirty Story" -- it could be a useful tool for this club.
Great idea, I will suggest this to the product manager!
12/11/2010
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Yeah, you mentioned that earlier. I thought that the idea of writing together on topics might be something that would allow you to participate if you were interested. Of course we are all still brainstorming, but ultimately it would great to find a ...
Yes, that does sound good, but don't let my personal paranoia have too much influence. It's not like I'm JKR in disguise or something, so my "oh no I might be recognized" thing is largely in my head.
12/11/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
Random semi-related question: any chance of EF stocking a few books about writing erotica, such as Susie Bright's "How to Write a Dirty Story" -- it could be a useful tool for this club.
Of course, White and Strunk's The Elements of Style and Stephen King's On Writing are two books every writer should have, as well.

I don't know if Eden would want to carry them, I'm kind of assuming most of us aspiring writers already may have them.

I don't have Bright's book, I will have to look into it.
12/11/2010
Total posts: 71
Unique posters: 34