We have decided to help fund charitable giving from the EF community. We would like to help people serve as representatives of this community, and adopt families for the holidays. This is a community outreach effort – so the application at these charitable organizations and the giving will be done under the rep’s name. This is not ‘Corporate giving’ and has nothing to do with sex toys – so it will not be done from “EdenFantasys” at all – no worries about there being a conflict or about discretion. It’s about getting the help to the people who need it, not about who gets the credit. It’s about the power of this community!
We’re thinking that we could have 3 community reps for Thanksgiving, each rep would a adopting a family in their area, and then we could also have 3 community reps for the Christmas holidays with each rep adopting a family in their area. If we don't get 3 reps for Thanksgiving, perhaps we could do more families / reps for Christmas.
So... we talked about this in the Community Events meeting, and here’s how we think this will work, so far.
• Anyone interested in volunteering to be one of the Community Reps should find an organization in their area. Make sure you can meet their requirements and take a look at all of the details (such as committing to the list they might ask for, the delivery terms they ask for etc) – send the details to me to look over (Victoria @ edenfantasys .com).
Some tips: When looking for an agency, try Googling “Adopt a family” and the name of your town or city. I found a ton when I did this for Philadelphia.
Also: church groups, neighborhood organizations, college groups, and so on, are all ok - whatever is available in your area - we don't care about the politics of it, as long a family in need is getting help!
For Thanksgiving, let’s try to have the 3 reps within the next 2 weeks. For Christmas, let’s shoot for mid-November as well. Better sooner than later!
• The first 3 people who volunteer to be Community Reps for each holiday, who have all the info, and can absolutely do the legwork / shopping, are in! And we will coordinate with them via email to get the ball rolling. Then once we’re 100% sure it’s a go, we’ll announce on the forum, and start allowing the community to pitch in with points.
[UPDATE: we are supporting 5 community reps for Christmas. Each rep can adopt one family.]
• Eden will give the initial money for each rep’s outreach, via check or Paypal - approximately $150 per family, per holiday. Let’s see how it works out with each organization in each area.
• To make everyone in the community feel empowered - we have decided on matching 50 cents to the dollar of every Eden Point you donate towards the Eden Community Gives Back program! So, if you cash in your points and email the code and the amount to me, we will match it by 50%. So, for example, cashing in 20.00 in EdenPoints will add $10.00 to giving to a family, for extra goodies.
• And of course, everyone will want to hear about how it’s going for the reps, so we should have a thread for each rep once they get the ball rolling. They can each even do a post on EdenCafe about the experience, if they’d like to.
Let’s make this a big wonderful success for these families and really tap into the power of community to help people in need! Do you feel inspired? I do!!!