So how was your night?

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

So how was your night?

Dragon Dragon
Valentines Day...
Late reservations so time for a nap. Woke up with a headache. In hindsight maybe it was a fever who knows.

As we were saying goodbye to the children, realized one of them had a fever. 102.6. The other who was getting over her spike of 103 a couple days ago said she felt fine. They both told us to go.

Talking, laughing, checking the phone, and eventually dancing only 15 minutes from home. Come home to find the other child's fever went up again.

Such bad parents. Guilt. (But we enjoyed the night.) At least the fire was still going.
The rest of the night worked well enough.

I love the ups and downs of life.... It makes me smile by itself.
02/15/2009
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Dragon Dragon
Oh wait... I have enough information to write a new review now! Something that I loved. Made me feel sexy.
02/15/2009
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Uhh... My guy and I got in a fight. Valentine's Day + long distance relationship = sucks.
02/15/2009
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by LikeSunshineDust
Uhh... My guy and I got in a fight. Valentine's Day + long distance relationship = sucks.
Oh. I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs.
02/15/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
I played video games mostly by my self, though for a short while one of my buddies was online. We played HL2 mod "Age of Chivalry"

I'd say it was just like any other day for me. =)

BTW what is the date for valentines day? I got tons of V-day sale emails but non of them said what day V-day was...
02/15/2009
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by That Weird Guy
I played video games mostly by my self, though for a short while one of my buddies was online. We played HL2 mod "Age of Chivalry"

I'd say it was just like any other day for me. =)

BTW what is the date for valentines day? ...
In the US, Valentines Day is February 14th. LOL. It's so obvious and a commercial holiday that I think most people know it since they are about 5. Even my husband can't forget!
02/15/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
LOL, but I never had a girlfriend and so I dunno just doesn't seem important until I get one, because isn't that what V-day is all about, your date/gf/bf?

Thanks for the info.
02/15/2009
Sammi Sammi
Mine went well. Snow started about the time we left, but there were plenty of seats at the theater, and then later the restaurant, and the children behaved for the sitter. That's always a plus!
02/15/2009
Nashville Nashville
No babysitter. Sigh. He went out and got a hair cut, brought home roses. He took me shopping. We went to Ripley's Believe it or Not (son got scared, we called it short) then went to Bonefish.. VERY good eats, Chilean Sea Bass with mango salsa- divine. Drove an hour home, watched Yes Man, ate left overs, laughed together, went to bed- back rub, sleep. Great night.
02/15/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
Sleeping Dreamer do you mean Fishbone's or Bonefish?

There is a Fishbone's like 5 mins from my house I've never been.
02/15/2009
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
I caught a headcold and wrote a ridiculous number of essays on windbags like Bakhtin and Saussure. This is the kind of work college students commit suicide over.
02/15/2009
Nashville Nashville
Quote:
Originally posted by That Weird Guy
Sleeping Dreamer do you mean Fishbone's or Bonefish?

There is a Fishbone's like 5 mins from my house I've never been.
Bonefish Grill.
02/15/2009
Miss KissThis Miss KissThis
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashville
No babysitter. Sigh. He went out and got a hair cut, brought home roses. He took me shopping. We went to Ripley's Believe it or Not (son got scared, we called it short) then went to Bonefish.. VERY good eats, Chilean Sea Bass with mango salsa- ...
Yay you got your roses!
02/15/2009
Cinnamon Chambers Cinnamon Chambers
He got a 1/2 day at work, so he was home by 1 on Friday. He came home with roses and candy. I am such a chocoholic, but I think this is the first time in 10 years I got candy. We had one of his single friends watch the kids. We went to Texas Roadhouse and then he took me up this long and winding road in the middle of the city to where the EL Paso star is and where you can see the entire city, the border and Juarez. It was soo pretty and I cried as soon as I realized what he was doing. We were only there are about 20 min because parking was nearly impossible. We came home played with my Kama Sutra chocolate Valentine gift set, and I held him till he went to sleep.

On actual Valentine's Day we were camping. It was fun, but my Friday was amazing. This was our tenth Valentine's Day and he made it wonderful.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and I hope you all had a great day too.
02/15/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Gave the kids each a new horse/figurine set which they loved. Snuggled with them on the couch for afternoon naps, which is better than anything else in the world.

Then they went to bed.

Cried some over "the lost love."


Talked to the new lover on the phone for a bit. Got into an argument with the new lover. Hung up the phone. (Wound up resolving that later.)

So I worked on my resume, got online and applied for more jobs. I wonder what those employers will think Monday morning when they see my application time stamps between 9-10:30 pm EST on Valentine's Day
02/15/2009
Nashville Nashville
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss KissThis
Yay you got your roses!
I dropped hint after hint, it took my son saying to him, "she needs roses and chocolates and raisins"... Unfortunately, they're already wilting- I can't even keep a cactus alive!
02/15/2009
Miss KissThis Miss KissThis
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashville
I dropped hint after hint, it took my son saying to him, "she needs roses and chocolates and raisins"... Unfortunately, they're already wilting- I can't even keep a cactus alive!
Raisins? Aw.
02/15/2009
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
Me and mah hubby were going to go to Bonefish, too, but he ended up having to work from 4pm to about 10pm. Bleh. But we went shopping earlier in the day and bought some stuff for him to make me a nice dinner, and I bought some wine for us (my first time buying wine, just turned 21 and whatnot, so it felt all special, hehe) and we went to a little chocolate shop and bought a bunch of different kinds of chocolates for desert.

And thankfully we weren't all tired out from shopping like we normally would be, so we had some good "Valentine's Sex" as he called it. And we hated the wine, by the way. Neither of us had had wine before, so we weren't quite prepared. But, all in all, it was a really good day for us.
02/15/2009
Dragon Dragon
Update...

Both children ran a fever today. One went up to 103.5. That makes it nerve racking for a mom. Had a storm and the power went out for hours.

I'm glad to hear of everyone's Valentines. The stories make the people more real. Like "onesexywifey" just getting used to wine. That makes me laugh!
02/15/2009
Naughty Student Naughty Student
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
Update...

Both children ran a fever today. One went up to 103.5. That makes it nerve racking for a mom. Had a storm and the power went out for hours.

I'm glad to hear of everyone's Valentines. The stories make the people ...
So basically you made use of candles which makes it romantic anyhow

I had done my groceries on Friday and purchased lots of things I never usually buy. For V-day I made a 4 service supper for my partner. Including the entrée, soup, main meal, and desert! It was awesome and our wine sucked too. I got a very light wine to go with seafood but my main meal was jambalaya which is spicy and it made the wine taste terrible.

We also had a wonderful night of role playing and bedtime fun! I'll right some reviews up soon (Can't wait to read up on what made you feel sexy DBD!!!! As well as everyone else's experiences)

Hope your children get well

cheers!
02/15/2009
Gary Gary
With all of the things going on around me and my special lady, it seems like everything in our lives has been stuck in a heavy spin lately. So, we ended up spending the whole day working on home improvement projects... from the time we got up until we went to bed. It might not seem very special but it was to me. There was no candlelit dinners, flower petals, expensive booze, or even cheap booze ... but spending an entire day, quite literally, laying the foundation (well, sub-flooring and tile) of the life we are building together was priceless. I think that this was, without a doubt, the most special Valentine's Day I've ever had.
02/16/2009
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
With all of the things going on around me and my special lady, it seems like everything in our lives has been stuck in a heavy spin lately. So, we ended up spending the whole day working on home improvement projects... from the time we got up until ...
I like that. Like that the two of you spend time together. It's life together. Very cool.

(Child got worse. We almost took her to ER last night. 104.8)
02/16/2009
Cinnamon Chambers Cinnamon Chambers
Awww. Hope she is better soon.
02/16/2009
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
Went to a strip club for the first time in my life. Left two hours later, completely in awe of the dancers.

"You're glowing," he said.

"Am not!" I squeaked in protest, my face flaming as I pretended to be absorbed by the display of double dongs in the adjoining sex store.

One can only be smacked in the face by cleavage and stare at really nice pussy for so long without feeling a little happier.
02/16/2009
Epiphora Epiphora
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
Went to a strip club for the first time in my life. Left two hours later, completely in awe of the dancers.

"You're glowing," he said.

"Am not!" I squeaked in protest, my face flaming as I pretended to be ...
That's hilarious; that's how my first time at a strip club was too. I was all flushed.
02/16/2009
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
Went to a strip club for the first time in my life. Left two hours later, completely in awe of the dancers.

"You're glowing," he said.

"Am not!" I squeaked in protest, my face flaming as I pretended to be ...
Yipee! That sounds like fun. I was definitely flushed the first time I left a strip club too. Probably had something to do with the multiple backroom dances my friends bought me.
02/16/2009
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
I like that. Like that the two of you spend time together. It's life together. Very cool.

(Child got worse. We almost took her to ER last night. 104.8)
DBD, how's your kid doing? Has the fever broken?
02/17/2009
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by LikeSunshineDust
DBD, how's your kid doing? Has the fever broken?
No. One child thought 102 felt normal yesterday and wondered why I should give her motrin. The other, lower fever for longer, couldn't believe that she was running a fever again last night. "Do you know how many pills I've taken, mom?"

I stayed home from work today, and they are both going to the doctor in a couple hours. I think it's a semi-symptomless strep. They've had that before. A lot of people are really sick around here.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.
02/17/2009
Gary Gary
That is terrible about the fevers your kids are having! I hope they all get better very soon!
02/17/2009
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
That is terrible about the fevers your kids are having! I hope they all get better very soon!
Thanks...
02/17/2009
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 31
Unique posters: 14