What is your perfume?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

What is your perfume?

Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
A few years ago, I decided that I would find myself a perfume that I would really like and that it would match my personality well. So I went in a few store and found one that caught my attention. But I did not want to make an impulsive purchase, so I decided to wait and see. I think it took over a year for me to make sure that I still liked it as much as before, and that I would not get bored of that scent easily. Since I had planed to identify myself with a single perfume, I did not want to go wrong.

During all that time, I also looked up what scents men prefered (vanilla is apparently very popular), and it seems like I'm all set up for sensuality and arousal with my perfume:
Top note: Cocoa
Middle note: Vanilla
Base note: Patchouli

Got any special story about your perfume? Or the one that you like the best? What does it smell like?
07/24/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
A few years ago, I decided that I would find myself a perfume that I would really like and that it would match my personality well. So I went in a few store and found one that caught my attention. But I did not want to make an impulsive purchase, so ...
I like Heavenly by Victoria's Secret.

I've heard that citrus-smelling perfumes actually "attract" men (subtly, of course)
07/24/2010
Blinker Blinker
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
I like Heavenly by Victoria's Secret.

I've heard that citrus-smelling perfumes actually "attract" men (subtly, of course)
There is research that says lavender and pumpkin pie are the scents that men find most attractive. So random!1!!!111!11!1
07/24/2010
Blinker Blinker
I wear diffrent scents on different occassions.

My go-to scent is Angel by Thierry Mugler. Men ALWAYS compliment on it and ask what it is. Women don't seem to like it as much, but men...OHMIGOSH it's catnip.

I also really like Sexy Little Things Noir by Victoria's Secret, Tresor by Lancome, and Parisienne by YSL. Yummers! Even though my guy can't smell any of them unless I'm doused in them
07/24/2010
Chilipepper Chilipepper
I make my own perfume - it's usually a few drops of nag champa oil mixed into a carrier base of jojoba oil, then I layer it with amber-scented body spray. Everyone associates nag champa with me now.
07/25/2010
Jenna.J.Ross Jenna.J.Ross
I found my signature scent totally by mistake a very happy mistake I got it as a present from my best friend who said it reminded her of me. Its called Incanto Shine and has Passion Fruit, Pineapple, Cedar, Amber, Freesia, Musk, Peony, Bergamot, and Peach notes. Very girly and bubbly like me It used to be sold at Sephora but they no longer care this particular scent so I have to order it online. I go through probably 3 or 4 bottles of this a year I cant help it I just love it so much
07/25/2010
Miss B Haven Miss B Haven
I used to Love Forever by Alfred Sung but it was discontinued and I needed to find a new signature scent. After much testing I went with Chance by Chanel and I will wear it until it is no longer available.

I chose Chanel because it reacts with my skin really well and a little bit lasts all day. It has a light floral scent in the background but the front and most noticable scent is hard to describe. It is just a beautiful fragrance and the scent changes once applied and it smells very unique on me. Both men and women often stop me and tell me I smell good At clubs the girls like to sit close hoping the scent will wear off on them LOL
07/25/2010
Tuesday Tuesday
I wear no perfume and usually don't like it when I smell it on others.

Patchouli is the worst! It smells like someone who hasn't showered for a few days. I once asked a coworker who wore that every day to stop. I know some people like it but I also know I have good company among those who don't.
07/25/2010
MuffysPinguLove MuffysPinguLove
My boyfriend was walking through a department store and he "smelled something that reminded him of me." So, he looked for the source of the smell and came across Ed Hardy for Women by Christian Audigier. He purchased it for me and it's kind of been my signature scent ever since

It's described as:
Top: Apple Souffle, Mango, Wild Strawberry, Ruby Red Grapefruit
Mid: Freesia Petals, Watery Muguet, Linden Blossom
Dry: Warm Amber, Sensual Musks, Tonka Bean, Vanilla Pudding
07/25/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
There is research that says lavender and pumpkin pie are the scents that men find most attractive. So random!1!!!111!11!1
UHM. HELL. YES. Pumpkin pie is the proverbial shit. I love pumpkin pie like you have no idea. If it were legal to marry food, I would marry pumpkin pie. (Though it would have to grow a peen for me first.) Srsly, my mom makes pumpkin pie instead of birthday cake for me. It's kind of a big deal.
07/25/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I go wild over Opium perfume. I've warned Cyn that I can't be held responsible for my actions when she's wearing it when we're alone.
07/25/2010
kck kck
I've also heard that you can find a scent compatible with your body by spraying the perfume on your wrist and then touching your tongue to it. If it burns, tastes beyond nasty, or does anything disagreeable, it is not for you. But if it has mild flavoring or is kinda pleasant, it will (supposedly) work with your body and your natural odors. I have tried it, and it kinda seems to work because some things that tasted HORRIBLE to me were fine to my friends, and vice versa.
Happy perfume licking
07/25/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
I've also heard that you can find a scent compatible with your body by spraying the perfume on your wrist and then touching your tongue to it. If it burns, tastes beyond nasty, or does anything disagreeable, it is not for you. But if it has mild ...
haha "Perfume licking"
07/25/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
haha "Perfume licking"
hehe
07/25/2010
Annemarie Annemarie
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I wear diffrent scents on different occassions.

My go-to scent is Angel by Thierry Mugler. Men ALWAYS compliment on it and ask what it is. Women don't seem to like it as much, but men...OHMIGOSH it's catnip.

I also really like ...
I hate Angel! It's far too strong and.. ew.

I wear a bunch of different perfumes, but my most favorite is probably... oh, hell, I don't know! Dior Dior Addict, maybe. I do like Gaultier's Classique X. I love Givenchy's Very Irresistable, too.

But there's always my Guerlain Shalimar that I can't live without...

Sigh.
07/25/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
My daily go-to that I consider my signature scent is MaDame by Gautier. But I have about 40 other choices on my dresser - I tend to buy perfume 3 or 4 bottles at a time because I can never decide. Some other favorites are Chanel's Allure, Gap's Dream body spray, Sexy little things by VS, and Vera Wang Princess.
07/25/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
I've also heard that you can find a scent compatible with your body by spraying the perfume on your wrist and then touching your tongue to it. If it burns, tastes beyond nasty, or does anything disagreeable, it is not for you. But if it has mild ...
Hahaha, I have never heard of that, but you know, I think some perfume would still taste nasty either way.

/Too curious not to go lick her own perfume...
07/25/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Well I did not taste anything, and it just left a oily feeling on my tongue.
07/25/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by Blinker
I wear diffrent scents on different occassions.

My go-to scent is Angel by Thierry Mugler. Men ALWAYS compliment on it and ask what it is. Women don't seem to like it as much, but men...OHMIGOSH it's catnip.

I also really like ...
Mmm I love Sexy Little Things Noir, I have that one as a solid perfume stick and keep it in my purse
07/25/2010
Alicia Alicia
I'm too indecisive for a signature scent. I change based on my mood, time of year, etc. I like Romance by Ralph Lauren, Super Model by Victoria's Secret and Sexy Little Things Noir by VS. I have a few others that I like but don't own. I like Rock Princess by Vera Wang.

I also love body sprays, I have three or four from VS and then I think 5 from bath and body works, and I will spray them on depending on what my mood is.

My husband is the same way..he switches up his colognes and usually has 2-3 at any given time that he chooses between dependent on his mood.

While I'd love my signature scent I just am not the type of person who could wear the same thing every day. It works out for my husband and I anyway because we never know what we'll smell on the other, keeps things fresh We're both geminis so maybe it's just our multiple personalities :-P
07/25/2010
Darling Jen Darling Jen
My main scent is Innocent Illusion by Thierry Mugler. I like that it's uncommon too. My partner picked it out and is very attached to the smell. But I also recommend sampling all the other scents by T. Mugler too because they're all great! They range from soft and flower to daring and spicy.
07/25/2010
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by Annemarie
I hate Angel! It's far too strong and.. ew.

I wear a bunch of different perfumes, but my most favorite is probably... oh, hell, I don't know! Dior Dior Addict, maybe. I do like Gaultier's Classique X. I love Givenchy's Very ...
I agree that Angel is a bit too strong for my tastes. I prefer Alien by T. Mugler. I always joked that they should have switched the names because Alien is much more soft smelling.
07/25/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
I'm too indecisive for a signature scent. I change based on my mood, time of year, etc. I like Romance by Ralph Lauren, Super Model by Victoria's Secret and Sexy Little Things Noir by VS. I have a few others that I like but don't own. ...
I have one perfume, but I do not wear it every single day. I put it on while I feel like smelling especially good, but it's not always for a special occasion. But I do use it at least once a week.
07/25/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
A few years ago, I decided that I would find myself a perfume that I would really like and that it would match my personality well. So I went in a few store and found one that caught my attention. But I did not want to make an impulsive purchase, so ...
I need to look it up for you, but one of the fragrance stores which uses a lot of natural ingredients will make ANY fragrance you want. A specialist analyzes your likes and dislikes and actually sometimes SMELLS you, with no fragrance on, and then you and he or she develop a signature fragrance.

I think it's Sephora, but I need to find out for you.

Anyway, years ago, someone gave me Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path as a gift. I only used it when I ran out of my regular hand and body creme (unscented stuff) and shower and bath gel.

I realized that this fragrance was perfect for me. I have a lot of allergies and I have severe migraine headaches, and I hadn't worn fragrance for years. Moonlight Path does NOT bother my allergies nor cause migraines! I was so happy to find something not too aggressive smelling, that I could use as a signature fragrance. I used to wear Dior's Dioressence, but it started to give me migraines, so I had to give away several hundred dollars of perfume that my Dad bought for me (he was the only person I knew who could afford it, and he spoiled me when I was younger. )

Anyway, I LOVE Moonlight Path. It contains many of the fragrances I love (lavender, musk, it's not too flowery, but still feminine) and people now know this scent is ME!

A friend of mine cheerfully complains, that he knows when his wife has been out and I've been baby sitting, because when he gets home his toddler smells like "Auntie Gelli!"

My Man walked out of the bathroom after I'd been bathing and primping in there and said, "Have you ever walked into a Strip Club?" I said, unless you count The Sugar Shack (male dancers in Wisconsin) No, of course not. He said, "That's what my bathroom smells like. A Strip Club." To him, this was good. *sigh* What am I gonna do with this Man?
07/25/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
I'm too indecisive for a signature scent. I change based on my mood, time of year, etc. I like Romance by Ralph Lauren, Super Model by Victoria's Secret and Sexy Little Things Noir by VS. I have a few others that I like but don't own. ...
Alicia, what B&BW scents do you like? My older daughters and I are addicted to B&BW and I always like to know what people wear from their stores.
07/25/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I need to look it up for you, but one of the fragrance stores which uses a lot of natural ingredients will make ANY fragrance you want. A specialist analyzes your likes and dislikes and actually sometimes SMELLS you, with no fragrance on, and then ...
Oh wow, I'Ve never thought about going to a place and have one made for me, I'm definitely interested even though I already like my own.

Haha, yeah, I guess Strip Club is a good scent. Does it come in a nice bottle?
07/25/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Alicia, what B&BW scents do you like? My older daughters and I are addicted to B&BW and I always like to know what people wear from their stores.
I have Sensual Amber, White Citrus, Irresistable Apple, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Twilight Woods in their body sprays. Then I have dancing waters, moonlit path, and sweet pea in their body lotion and hand cream. Mango Mandarin in body lotion and bubble bath and pineapple something in bubble bath. We like their wallflowers too and have those in a bunch of scents..I think my favorite is Japanese Cherry Blossom (which I have body stuff for too somewhere..hmmm where did that go??) and Black Currant Vanilla. Oh they have a peach one too that I love. Can you see that we're slightly addicted too???
07/25/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
I have Sensual Amber, White Citrus, Irresistable Apple, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Twilight Woods in their body sprays. Then I have dancing waters, moonlit path, and sweet pea in their body lotion and hand cream. Mango Mandarin in body lotion and ...
Oh my! I thought I had a problem. Sounds absolutely Yummy!
07/25/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Oh my! I thought I had a problem. Sounds absolutely Yummy!
LOL, well I got a lot of it around Christmas time! They had a really good sale and we were at the mall and Mike told me to pick out a whole bunch as a christmas present to myself. But yea, the one bathroom has two shelves full of B&BW stuff!
07/25/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
Well I did not taste anything, and it just left a oily feeling on my tongue.
Woohoo! Success!
07/25/2010
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 45
Unique posters: 21