Wii Fit

Illusional Illusional
Has anybody ever given this a try?
If yes, do you like it, or hate it?


I personally love it. I've had it for 610 days now... and it's definitely fun

I also have Wii Fit Plus
12/14/2010
  • Luxury To People: Save 20% on Select Designer Brands
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Free Attachments with Fairy Mini. Save $21.99

    • FREE attachments
      Free attachments
    • Fairy Mini
    Get a Free 3 attachment set

    Expires on Oct 28, 2015 at 5pm ET Terms

  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Has anybody ever given this a try?
If yes, do you like it, or hate it?


I personally love it. I've had it for 610 days now... and it's definitely fun

I also have Wii Fit Plus
Have you lost any weight? I was interested in this, but terrified my children would demolish it like everything else.
12/14/2010
petite-n-sweet petite-n-sweet
Love it!!!

I kick butt on the meditation exercises... I guess I am strong with the force LOL!
12/14/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
Have you lost any weight? I was interested in this, but terrified my children would demolish it like everything else.
I've lost weight with it, yes.

I have a long distance friend who we write down what we eat, and keep logs, and I'm doing pretty well.

I'm no Halle Berry, but I can see some differences.
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
I think it's pretty fun, I love Wii Fit Plus

MsBlackPetite, I kick ass on the Parade... I just get to jamming, lol
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
Girl with Fire,
There's four kids at this house who use it, and ALmost over two years and I haven't had to replace a thing, except batteries.
12/15/2010
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Girl with Fire,
There's four kids at this house who use it, and ALmost over two years and I haven't had to replace a thing, except batteries.
My kids are 4 and almost 3. Today I caught one stabbing the back of a leather arm chair with a very sharp knife. I do not keep the knifes where they can easily reach them but they climb up onto my counter and can essentially reach everything that I can. Before the chair, he did the same to my sofa with a screw he found on the floor behind a shelf.
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
My kids are 4 and almost 3. Today I caught one stabbing the back of a leather arm chair with a very sharp knife. I do not keep the knifes where they can easily reach them but they climb up onto my counter and can essentially reach everything that I ... More
There's a 2 year old girl here
A 3 year old boy
A 5 year old girl
and a 7 year old boy


They are incredibly rough on it but they've learned.

Wii Fit will stop working if you jump when told not to and so on.
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
Also, if you wanna try just walking normally with some weights, and a pedometer

It's a great way to let the kids get out and tracking your steps is really fun
12/15/2010
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Also, if you wanna try just walking normally with some weights, and a pedometer

It's a great way to let the kids get out and tracking your steps is really fun
Thanks!
12/15/2010
onehotmomma onehotmomma
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Has anybody ever given this a try?
If yes, do you like it, or hate it?


I personally love it. I've had it for 610 days now... and it's definitely fun

I also have Wii Fit Plus
I love it =) I think it's so much fun, I just bought the Nickelodeon version for my kid, lol. It's pretty fun too!
12/15/2010
Kim! Kim!
My rather destructive son is actually really good with all things Wii. We got the WiiFit a couple of months after it came out after much hoping to find one in the stores and finally managing to stumble upon one. He loves it but gets quite frustrated with the tight rope walking one.

I like it but never used the yoga stuff other than to unlock everything because I need to complete things. For that I prefer something with an actual flow. It isn't bad for getting a better idea of the right balance for some of the poses though if you're new to them.
I rarely use it right now because I don't have time. Soon I'll probably start again in addition to my vinyasa yoga DVD (AKA I'm going to kick your ass and make you sweat for an hour or so.). I know other work outs are better but it makes things more fun and holds you somewhat accountable.
12/15/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I picked up the bundle on Black Friday. It's been really fun, but I never can find the time to get on it! I'd love to get more use out of it though.

The only think I don't like about it is the emphasis on BMI. BMI is a totally irrelevant number that only figures in your height and weight; a shorter guy with a lot of muscle mass is going to have the same BMI as a taller guy with a lot of fat.

I'm trying to develop rhythm with the step part...so far, not great.
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I picked up the bundle on Black Friday. It's been really fun, but I never can find the time to get on it! I'd love to get more use out of it though.

The only think I don't like about it is the emphasis on BMI. BMI is a totally ... More
Lol, yeah. The BMI is kind of off.


I ignore it and just focus on my Wii Fit age and the pounds I lose.


It says, my ideal weight would be 153 pounds. I'm nearly 5'11. Like.. wtf... I'd be so scrawny.
12/15/2010
Alicia Alicia
We have it, though not the plus. Maybe I should look into the plus?

We haven't used it in a while..I guess maybe we should dig it out. My favorite has always been the Hula Hooping.
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
We have it, though not the plus. Maybe I should look into the plus?

We haven't used it in a while..I guess maybe we should dig it out. My favorite has always been the Hula Hooping.
I wish I was better at the hula hooping. I've just got no hip action.

The Plus has more fun stuff
12/15/2010
Jobthingy Jobthingy
I have it and the plus. We dont do it that often but when we do its fun. I actually play it more when were with friends drinking.

What?!

Drunken hula is freaking fun man.

There is a Raving Rabbids game (if you do not know what I am talking about you need to get looking. Rayman 2 is a multiplayer and the TV party one is THE BOMB) that uses the wii fit board. That would be the TV party one. You sit on it and use the wiimote as motorcycle handles, another you are sliding down a hill. It is hysterical.
12/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
I'm AWFUL at the Kung fu one.
I am so backwards it's not even funny. Teach me your skills!

My sister is amazing at the yoga, I'm so jealous
12/15/2010
Maiden Maiden
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
I'm AWFUL at the Kung fu one.
I am so backwards it's not even funny. Teach me your skills!

My sister is amazing at the yoga, I'm so jealous
I love the Yoga and strength training exercises. I'm getting pretty good too!
12/15/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Has anybody ever given this a try?
If yes, do you like it, or hate it?


I personally love it. I've had it for 610 days now... and it's definitely fun

I also have Wii Fit Plus
I bought this earlier in the year.
I like it cause (when I peel my lazy butt from the sitting position) I work up a real sweat, build muscle and feel great.
I bought it cause I use to walk over 4 miles 4 - 5 days a week until we had run everyday for a couple of weeks so I wasn't getting any exercise.

I have Fit plus but I also got EA Spots Active which I prefer! I LOVE the Wii balance board aerobics.
12/16/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
I've lost weight with it, yes.

I have a long distance friend who we write down what we eat, and keep logs, and I'm doing pretty well.

I'm no Halle Berry, but I can see some differences.
I'm sure the Halle Berry will come out in you in no time with all that action!

That's what I have wanted ... someone I can check in with and kind of report on my food intake and exercise routine daily. It kinda helps to have that motivation. I start off well but I end up getting lazy again cause I don't have that someone 'checking up' on me...hehehe.

I can lose weight if I set my mind to it.
12/16/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
I'm sure the Halle Berry will come out in you in no time with all that action!

That's what I have wanted ... someone I can check in with and kind of report on my food intake and exercise routine daily. It kinda helps to have that ... More
Well you can be my partner.
12/16/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Well you can be my partner.
Thanks - that would be good!
Where are we checking-in? Private email?
12/16/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Thanks - that would be good!
Where are we checking-in? Private email?
Private would make me feel better, unless some other EFer's wanted to join lol
12/16/2010
Illusional Illusional
Lol, yes. I just barely pass the first level and then I just try pathetically until it ends.. lol
12/19/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
LOL - swearing at the tv.
Mind you, I can relate. I have done that at my aerobic instructor on the Sports Active....lol.

But it's such an awesome workout ... almost kills me..hehehe.
12/21/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Private would make me feel better, unless some other EFer's wanted to join lol
Sorry about the slow response.
Awesome - sending a message now.
12/21/2010
leatherlover leatherlover
At our apartment complex, they used to have one in the workout room, and my wife and I loved it. It was a lot of fun. We just went out yesterday and bought the Wii and Guitar Hero, but we decided to wait on Wii fit because it was an unplanned $400 purchase. Hopefully in a few months we will be able to purchase it.
12/21/2010
UnknownGirl UnknownGirl
I'm hoping to get a Wii Fit for Christmas!
12/23/2010
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by UnknownGirl
I'm hoping to get a Wii Fit for Christmas!
I hope you get it!
12/23/2010
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 42
Unique posters: 19