#AskEden - Manufacturer Sponsored Reviews?

gypsymama gypsymama
I was wondering if there has been some kind of change to the way we can search for manufacturer sponsored reviews.... on my screen that button seems to have disappeared???
08/20/2012
  • Weekly BOGO: Accessorize for Pleasure! Buy 1 Vibrator And Ge
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • Get a FREE Pleasure Balm when buying OhLaLa Lingerie
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
travelnurse travelnurse
So did mine.
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
This is correct - do you already have an EF sponsored item out that you need to write a review on? If not, you can email JR and he will help you.
08/20/2012
gypsymama gypsymama
Thanks @Stormy!! So, from now on, will we have to email to inquire about manufacturer sponsored items, or will the button be coming back? Thanks a bunch!!!
08/20/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
BLARG! Ignore my AskEden about the same thing hahaha. Watching for a response!
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by gypsymama
Thanks @Stormy!! So, from now on, will we have to email to inquire about manufacturer sponsored items, or will the button be coming back? Thanks a bunch!!!
I'm actually trying to find that out right now. This happens to be one of the things I was slightly out of the loop on (rare, I know).
08/20/2012
gypsymama gypsymama
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm actually trying to find that out right now. This happens to be one of the things I was slightly out of the loop on (rare, I know).
I thought Stormy knew all??????

Thanks for checking on it for us!!
08/20/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'm actually trying to find that out right now. This happens to be one of the things I was slightly out of the loop on (rare, I know).
Oh no! But Stormy knows everything! You're like our link into the depths of Eden's mysterious office world. Thanks for being so awesome and checking it out for us!
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by gypsymama
I thought Stormy knew all??????

Thanks for checking on it for us!!
Hahahaha, right? I may have been out of the office for this conversation.
08/20/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by gypsymama
I thought Stormy knew all??????

Thanks for checking on it for us!!
We just need to stop posting things at the same time today!
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
Oh no! But Stormy knows everything! You're like our link into the depths of Eden's mysterious office world. Thanks for being so awesome and checking it out for us!
My pleasure. I try to stay on top of things not only for you guys but for my own curiosity as well. I'm still a contributor, too. I just don't get to play as much as you all do. I was so behind on my reviews it was ridiculous at one point. Anyway...I'm rambling...

Ok folks, it looks like everything is just all mixed in together and that if you want to request an MFG and you still have an EF sponsored assignment out, that you have to complete the EF sponsored first. This is just the free assignment, not buy-outs and DRs.
08/20/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by gypsymama
I was wondering if there has been some kind of change to the way we can search for manufacturer sponsored reviews.... on my screen that button seems to have disappeared???
I was just wondering about the same thing!
08/20/2012
gypsymama gypsymama
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
We just need to stop posting things at the same time today!
Lol, I was thinking the same thing! You seem to be the other half of my Eden brain today, lol!!
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
The search has basically become functional to the point that only items available for review will be what comes up in the search. This should make things a lot easier for everyone.
08/20/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
My pleasure. I try to stay on top of things not only for you guys but for my own curiosity as well. I'm still a contributor, too. I just don't get to play as much as you all do. I was so behind on my reviews it was ridiculous at one point. ... More
So how do we tell what's up for MF sponsored? Do we just click on things and see if any of them go through that LOOK to be new and possibly are up? Do you e-mail JR and harass him into giving you something? Do we drive over to Georgia and grab something out of a box?
08/20/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
My pleasure. I try to stay on top of things not only for you guys but for my own curiosity as well. I'm still a contributor, too. I just don't get to play as much as you all do. I was so behind on my reviews it was ridiculous at one point. ... More
Hmm... but I'm confused though.

I don't currently have an EF sponsored review out. I DO have a buy-out assignment due, but no free reviews. And my Manufacturer sponsored review button is gone. When I go to search free assignments, it tells me that I can't select one (even a Manufacturer sponsored one) until 9/05 -- which is when I'm due for my next EF sponsored review.
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
So how do we tell what's up for MF sponsored? Do we just click on things and see if any of them go through that LOOK to be new and possibly are up? Do you e-mail JR and harass him into giving you something? Do we drive over to Georgia and grab ... More
If it says "not available for purchase", there's a good shot at it being MFG. But, try it out and if you have any problems always contact JR about assignments.
08/20/2012
SkylarrStarr SkylarrStarr
Thanks for the info! So, how do we know what items are available for MSR? I noticed on my last free assignment, it was sponsored by Doc Johnson, not EF. Does this mean I can request another item before I though? Thanks!
08/20/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
I think that I have figured it out! If it's Not Available For Purchase and you can see the button to grab it, it's up for MSR assignment, and if you're NAFP but there's no button it's not, correct? I was looking through the list and saw that there were some that weren't grab-able?
08/20/2012
SkylarrStarr SkylarrStarr
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I think that I have figured it out! If it's Not Available For Purchase and you can see the button to grab it, it's up for MSR assignment, and if you're NAFP but there's no button it's not, correct? I was looking through the list ... More
Yes...I just saw the same thing....Interesting.. .I think this might be an easier system, Once I get it figured out!
08/20/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I think that I have figured it out! If it's Not Available For Purchase and you can see the button to grab it, it's up for MSR assignment, and if you're NAFP but there's no button it's not, correct? I was looking through the list ... More
Just curious -- did you already do your EF sponsored review for this month? -- because it's not letting me grab anything on the search page, and I've been through about 10 page.

I wish there were some way to distinguish between the MSR and EF Sponsored reviews -- like there was before. Not crazy about this new system, but hopefully I'll get used to it sometime.
08/20/2012
SkylarrStarr SkylarrStarr
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
Just curious -- did you already do your EF sponsored review for this month? -- because it's not letting me grab anything on the search page, and I've been through about 10 page.

I wish there were some way to distinguish between the MSR ... More
I guess I had not done my EF one yet...I noticed on the smooth G vibe review I did last, which I thought was my EF review, it said sponsored by Doc Johnson. I was just able to put in a request for a product, which is available for purchase, so I am assuming that would be my EF sponsored item....
08/20/2012
Dixiemomma Dixiemomma
I'm totally confused by this system :/ this is not a change i like, hopefully it becomes clearer to distinguish
08/20/2012
Gary Gary
OK FOLKS...

We are attempting to make the product search as a whole... more user friendly. I have only done a little bit of testing so far, but, it is supposed to be showing only products that are available to request.

I requested a lingerie filter, but as of yet there isn't one. Adjusting your product preferences doesn't seem to help, but I will be trying to get this fixed.

Manufacturer vs Eden sponsored:
- these are almost entirely back end terms.

- 99% of the products available for review are Eden sponsored (meaning that Eden provides the products).

- Manufacturer Sponsored items are usually pushed, meaning we 'offer' or push them all.

- The only difference for you accepting and shipping between the 2, is the 30 day rule. If we push or 'offer' you an assignment, its most likely Manufacture sponsored, so you can still request your Eden assignment every 30 days.
08/20/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
OK FOLKS...

We are attempting to make the product search as a whole... more user friendly. I have only done a little bit of testing so far, but, it is supposed to be showing only products that are available to request.

I requested a ... More
What he said.
08/20/2012
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Dixiemomma
I'm totally confused by this system :/ this is not a change i like, hopefully it becomes clearer to distinguish
I have always felt that expecting you guys to know the difference with this stuff was silly. I know it confuses everyone. My hope is to tweak the product search to really only show products you CAN request and most likely be approved for (and stop using the sponsored terms).
08/20/2012
SkylarrStarr SkylarrStarr
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
OK FOLKS...

We are attempting to make the product search as a whole... more user friendly. I have only done a little bit of testing so far, but, it is supposed to be showing only products that are available to request.

I requested a ... More
I was totally confused at first, but I am liking it so far...I like that it is more clear what is available and what is not. Cheers!
08/20/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
OK FOLKS...

We are attempting to make the product search as a whole... more user friendly. I have only done a little bit of testing so far, but, it is supposed to be showing only products that are available to request.

I requested a ... More
Okay -- so am I understanding this right then? We can no longer request MSR items from the product search? So -- the search is essentially just for the Eden sponsored items? Still not sure how into the new system I am, but I'll adjust... I used to love searching for MSR review items, though.
08/20/2012
gypsymama gypsymama
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
OK FOLKS...

We are attempting to make the product search as a whole... more user friendly. I have only done a little bit of testing so far, but, it is supposed to be showing only products that are available to request.

I requested a ... More
Thanks for the clarification @Gary !!!! Sounds like it should work well!! I have done a couple manufacturer sponsored reviews in the past that I requested through product search. I have never been offered a "push" assignment. I would love to still be able to do an extra assignment here and there, and am wondering who I should send cookies to, to get on the extra special "push" assignment list???
08/20/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
I'm still confused. Before we could search by MSR and request them. They didn't always have to be "pushed." If you clicked "manufacturer sponsored" it would give a list of any MSR available which we could ask for. This wouldn't be counted as our monthly review. Is it going to be where MSR are no longer available for us to request at all? They'll only be "pushed"?
08/20/2012
Total posts: 67
Unique posters: 20