Generation I?

Owl Identified Owl Identified
MiMi Generation I
Related to: 
I was just sent one of these for DR, and I'm a little unclear about whether or not this is, in fact, the old MiMi. It looks like the old one; it has just the two buttons, after all, and the name Generation I would imply that it's the first. But, if that's the case, then what will become of the original Mimi product page? Can anyone speak to this? I'm not sure how I should be writing this DR because I don't know exactly what I'm reviewing!

Thanks to any staff or people in the know in advance!
03/22/2012
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Missy May Missy May
I'm not sure, and I'm sorry I can't help you. But I did compare the two and the only thing different is that the Generation I has anti-bacterial properties, while the Mimi does not (or at least, the page does not state it).
03/22/2012
Maxim Maxim
Hi there! This is in fact the original MiMi with 2 buttons!
link
03/22/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I was just sent one of these for DR, and I'm a little unclear about whether or not this is, in fact, the old MiMi. It looks like the old one; it has just the two buttons, after all, and the name Generation I would imply that it's the first. ... More
I think what happened was that the new Mimi and the old Mimi images got switched. If you look at the old Mimi page it is the new three button Mimi.
03/22/2012
Positwist Positwist
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I was just sent one of these for DR, and I'm a little unclear about whether or not this is, in fact, the old MiMi. It looks like the old one; it has just the two buttons, after all, and the name Generation I would imply that it's the first. ... More
I have zero official knowledge of any of this, but here's my guess:

I assume that Eden is getting rid of their stock of MiMi I, so they created a page for it (and the sale). They probably put MiMi II on the original page to retain all the reviews/rating/etc.

Weird that they wanted a DR of an old product, though... I see where your confusion is coming from!
03/22/2012
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim
Hi there! This is in fact the original MiMi with 2 buttons!
link
Thanks, Maxim! I'm curious then why Eden is tapping me for a DR after the original MiMi has been out for so long? I certainly don't mind because I don't own a Mimi yet, but it seems unusual because the new MiMi is coming out? Seems like that would be the one that would need a DR?
03/22/2012
Silverdrop Silverdrop
So all the reviews that have already be written for the old MiMi will be attached to the new one? That doesn't seem right.
03/22/2012
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverdrop
So all the reviews that have already be written for the old MiMi will be attached to the new one? That doesn't seem right.
Indeed. Shouldn't they be shifted to the old version, so as to actually make sense and not confuse potential buyers?
03/22/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverdrop
So all the reviews that have already be written for the old MiMi will be attached to the new one? That doesn't seem right.
That is the same thing I was thinking too. That makes my review less helpful for the original Mimi, if it is attached to the new Mimi. Adding in that button could really change the toy.
03/22/2012
Lizzy Lizzy
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
That is the same thing I was thinking too. That makes my review less helpful for the original Mimi, if it is attached to the new Mimi. Adding in that button could really change the toy.
If they add your reviews to the new Mimi with more buttons, go back and add an addendum to your review. Quick & easy fix.
03/22/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
If they add your reviews to the new Mimi with more buttons, go back and add an addendum to your review. Quick & easy fix.
You can't always do this if it has been a while since you followed up.
I have the gen 1 MiMi or the MiMi as I call it and I need to review it. So I guess I should get the MiMi out of my assignment cart and add this one instead.
03/22/2012
Kindred Kindred
What's further confusing is only the pictures of the Rose colored Mimi show the 3 buttons of the new model. I think it's EF's intent to have the "Mimi" page be for the new model and the "Gen 1" page be for the old version since the latter is currently on sale. But I agree, the reviews of the old model should be moved as well to avoid confusion.
03/22/2012
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
What's further confusing is only the pictures of the Rose colored Mimi show the 3 buttons of the new model. I think it's EF's intent to have the "Mimi" page be for the new model and the "Gen 1" page be for the old ... More
I would agree with that, except I just got sent a DR for the old one, not the new one. Otherwise, I'd think they were just getting rid of the stock of the old model. I'm not sure. Hopefully Maxim steps back in to clarify further!
03/22/2012
Zombirella Zombirella
Good info to know since I plan on ordering one tonight. Not sure which. I think I'll venture off to google and see what the new Mimi is all about. Thanks for posting asking about this!
03/22/2012
charletnarouh charletnarouh
I really wanna order the new mimi, I'm just afraid I'll receive the old one since the pages are kinda confusing.
03/23/2012
tigertiger tigertiger
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I was just sent one of these for DR, and I'm a little unclear about whether or not this is, in fact, the old MiMi. It looks like the old one; it has just the two buttons, after all, and the name Generation I would imply that it's the first. ... More
hm nope no idea
03/23/2012
Brandonn Brandonn
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
I was just sent one of these for DR, and I'm a little unclear about whether or not this is, in fact, the old MiMi. It looks like the old one; it has just the two buttons, after all, and the name Generation I would imply that it's the first. ... More
Check the UPC: 5062170970348 This is the Gen1 code. Do the Gen1 have a "bubbling" issue with all of them, or only some?
03/23/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn
Check the UPC: 5062170970348 This is the Gen1 code. Do the Gen1 have a "bubbling" issue with all of them, or only some?
Mine only bubbles a small bit. It doesn't cause any issues with performance. It doesn't seem "bubbled" when not in use, only after use for 30+ minutes.
03/23/2012
Maxim Maxim
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
I really wanna order the new mimi, I'm just afraid I'll receive the old one since the pages are kinda confusing.
You may order the new MiMi here: link
03/23/2012
Maxim Maxim
There are 2 versions of MiMi:
(original)MiMi with 2 button control panel design - available here: link
(new)MiMi with 3 button control panel design - available here: link
03/23/2012
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim
There are 2 versions of MiMi:
(original)MiMi with 2 button control panel design - available here: link
(new)MiMi with 3 button control panel design - available here: link ... More
Thanks, Maxim. It's hard to find information about these on the Je Joue site because it doesn't mention a second generation edition. Is this second issue supposed to be stronger? Thanks again for the clarification!
03/23/2012
Woman China Woman China
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim
There are 2 versions of MiMi:
(original)MiMi with 2 button control panel design - available here: link
(new)MiMi with 3 button control panel design - available here: link ... More
My hero!!! Thanks for the links!

I am thinking of possibly jumping on the Mimi band wagon... although... I am trying to decide the Uma or the Mimi.
03/24/2012
charletnarouh charletnarouh
Quote:
Originally posted by Owl Identified
Thanks, Maxim. It's hard to find information about these on the Je Joue site because it doesn't mention a second generation edition. Is this second issue supposed to be stronger? Thanks again for the clarification!
I asked Eden CS about the new Mimi and this is what they said: "we also have the newer Mimi that has three buttons, more functions, and a different sealant that discourages puckering of the silicone." No mention of strength. I just ordered the new Mimi. I wish I had the old one or that I could afford to buy both to write a comparison on them.
03/24/2012
Lizzy Lizzy
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
I asked Eden CS about the new Mimi and this is what they said: "we also have the newer Mimi that has three buttons, more functions, and a different sealant that discourages puckering of the silicone." No mention of strength. I just ordered ... More
I am pretty sure the motor is the same.The big difference will be convenience. The third button is dedicated to the vibration patterns.This will make it easier to step through.They should have been able to solve the "puckering" issues.
03/25/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
What's further confusing is only the pictures of the Rose colored Mimi show the 3 buttons of the new model. I think it's EF's intent to have the "Mimi" page be for the new model and the "Gen 1" page be for the old ... More
I agree they should all be transferred to the old to avoid confusion. I now have both models and would like to post my new one on the new page, where it belongs but I already have one written for the old one.
04/06/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
I asked Eden CS about the new Mimi and this is what they said: "we also have the newer Mimi that has three buttons, more functions, and a different sealant that discourages puckering of the silicone." No mention of strength. I just ordered ... More
I'll write the comparison so noone will have any questions. I have a monthly assignment that I'll have to do, but after I complete it the Mimi comparison will be what I do next.
04/06/2012
Gracie Gracie
Quote:
Originally posted by unfulfilled
I'll write the comparison so noone will have any questions. I have a monthly assignment that I'll have to do, but after I complete it the Mimi comparison will be what I do next.
I am really looking forward to reading your comparison! Thank you!
04/06/2012
tigerkate tigerkate
I feel jipped that I spent more money on what is now 30 bucks cheaper naturally.
I won't buy the new one I guess!
04/09/2012
abbylover abbylover
sould i buy this is it worth the $?
04/10/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Gracie
I am really looking forward to reading your comparison! Thank you!
I have it written now Gracie!
04/11/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 34
Unique posters: 23