Cloudy Urine?

That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
Whats it mean its been like this for a while now... Should I go to the doctor?
02/16/2009
  • Luxury To People: Save 20% on Select Designer Brands
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Free Attachments with Fairy Mini. Save $21.99

    • FREE attachments
      Free attachments
    • Fairy Mini
    Get a Free 3 attachment set

    Expires on Oct 28, 2015 at 5pm ET Terms

  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Quote:
Originally posted by That Weird Guy
Whats it mean its been like this for a while now... Should I go to the doctor?
Do you have any other symptoms? Like does it hurt to urinate? Does your urine smell funky?
Have you had a change in diet lately?
02/16/2009
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Quote:
Originally posted by LikeSunshineDust
Do you have any other symptoms? Like does it hurt to urinate? Does your urine smell funky?
Have you had a change in diet lately?
More specifically for diet, increase in eggs, dairy, seeds (legumes, nuts, corn, wheat, etc.), or processed food.
02/16/2009
Dragon Dragon
I did a quick internet search for you. I always like to find out new things.. This site has a good summary. Cloudy Urine: when to worry.

"The most common cause of cloudy urine is completely harmless. Excess phosphate crystals have the ability to build up in your urine. These crystals will then precipitate, making your urine cloudy. This generally happens after eating a large meal. It can also happen after drinking milk, which is high in phosphate. You can test to see if your urine cloudiness is due to phosphates. Simply take a small sample of your urine and drop a bit of acetic acid (vinegar) in to it. If it is phosphates, the urine will become completely clear immediately."

There is a lot more there. It includes other causes - bladder infections and kidney stones. You'd probably actually notice those.

So, my non-professional suggestion. Pee in a cup. Add some vinegar. If it clears it's phosphates. If not, go read a bit more.
02/16/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
I did a quick internet search for you. I always like to find out new things.. This site has a good summary. Cloudy Urine: when to worry.

"The most common cause of cloudy urine is completely harmless. Excess phosphate crystals have ... More
Great research and suggestion. I'm going to remember this. With kids, who knows if I'll need it Thanks DBD!
02/16/2009
That Weird Guy That Weird Guy
WOW THANKS! I'm going to add vinegar to it and see if its something more than that or if I have a problem. It doesn't smell or hurt its just cloudy.
02/16/2009
Total posts: 6
Unique posters: 4