What do you do with your old toys?

Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
So.. sometimes toys break or just don't cut it.. What do you do with them? They're not very easy to recycle but throwing them away is not a good option either
11/14/2008
  • Add More Pleasure to Your Collection! Buy 1 Vibe, Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Whoa! I just found a crazy site: link
Thoughts?
11/14/2008
Sleeping Dreamer Sleeping Dreamer
Is that a legitimate website? Would you really feel comfortable buying a "refurbished" vibrator?
11/14/2008
Airlia Airlia
That's insane. They calmly talk about used butt plugs and pocket pussy's. I mean eewww I wouldn't want something that's already been shoved up someone else's dark netherworld - recycled or not!
11/14/2008
Beautiful Dreamer Beautiful Dreamer
You're supposed to dispose most of them when your community has it's electronic disposal day because of the motors and such. I have one broken one and I haven't been brave enough to take it yet! I'm going to throw it in a brown paper bag and just drop it in like that.
11/14/2008
Airlia Airlia
Quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful Dreamer
You're supposed to dispose most of them when your community has it's electronic disposal day because of the motors and such. I have one broken one and I haven't been brave enough to take it yet! I'm going to throw it in a brown paper ... More
hahaha! I get so paranoid - 'specially with the silly puritan style military - that I wrap it once, the again in something else and dispose as far away as possible from anything that remotely links to me - with a hat on.
11/14/2008
Bulma Bulma
I just pitch mine in the trash. I am not a huge environmentalist, but I already recycle most of the things I am able to, so I don't lose sleep over the one or two vibrators I throw in the trash each year. I honestly keep them way longer than I should anyways. After a vibrator dies it sits at the bottom of my toy box for several months (sometimes up to a year) before I throw it. No matter how crappy a toy is, I just can't force myself to get rid of it unless it is completely broken beyond repair in every way.
11/14/2008
Cock Wrangler Cock Wrangler
I think that company is onto a good idea, if they're using safe sterilization techniques. This is something that bothers me, because I am a HUGE environmentalist and have trouble putting things (not just sex toys) in the trash often.
There are probably other environmentally responsible ways to go about recycling/disposing of toys with mechanical parts, too.
11/14/2008
Viv Viv
i don't know much about that site, i want to look into it, but their logo made my night.
I'm the same way, bulma. we keep ours probably longer than necessary and then they eventually find their way into our trash usually in a sealed box or bag or what not.
11/14/2008
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Quote:
Originally posted by Cock Wrangler
I think that company is onto a good idea, if they're using safe sterilization techniques. This is something that bothers me, because I am a HUGE environmentalist and have trouble putting things (not just sex toys) in the trash often.
There ... More
I agree. It looks like they're melting down the old toys and reforming them. Provided it's all sterilized, I don't see the huge deal.

I've only thrown one vibrator away, and that was the erotic wave. Ugh, that thing was godawful!
11/14/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful Dreamer
You're supposed to dispose most of them when your community has it's electronic disposal day because of the motors and such. I have one broken one and I haven't been brave enough to take it yet! I'm going to throw it in a brown paper ... More
I've never heard of anything like that. Even when I did have a recycling program I don't know if it had an electronic disposal day. Recycling varies from ordinance to ordinance. I don't even have any recycling options here unless we drive everything downtown which is pretty much out of the question.

The site does seem a bit weird but I do like the idea. It seems everything which is recycled gets covered in silicone and, if it is pure silicone, that would take of sterilization, right? But I can't quite tell if the site is legit.

LoveHoney, out of the UK, has a rabbit recycling program but that doesn't help everyone else in the world.


I'm not in hte habit of throwing away many toys but I have tossed 2 rabbit habits away because they broke.
11/14/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Airlia
hahaha! I get so paranoid - 'specially with the silly puritan style military - that I wrap it once, the again in something else and dispose as far away as possible from anything that remotely links to me - with a hat on.
Haha! Sex toy parties are a huge thing in military bases so I wouldn't worry about what they think.
11/14/2008
Sleeping Dreamer Sleeping Dreamer
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Haha! Sex toy parties are a huge thing in military bases so I wouldn't worry about what they think.
On our last base EVERYONE had toy parties.
11/14/2008
Miss Jane Miss Jane
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Whoa! I just found a crazy site: link
Thoughts?
That is SO awesome.
11/15/2008
Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady Not Here Anymore f/k/a Happy Lady
(Disclaimer: I recycle as much as possible, use earth friendly cleaning methods and drive a car that gets good mpg, but this is too much.) Did you see that they offer "eco friendly alternatives" to new sex toys..... This is after they also tell you how "safe" their products are compared to other new products. Hmmmm..... I'm wondering if that electric toothbrush is safer than my new strap on.......
11/15/2008
Dame Demi Dame Demi
This is kind of disturbing, but I've often thought a woman could make money selling her used sex toys on a website, "sealed in a plastic baggie for freshness," of course! I bet there are guys who would buy them...
11/17/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Dame Demi
This is kind of disturbing, but I've often thought a woman could make money selling her used sex toys on a website, "sealed in a plastic baggie for freshness," of course! I bet there are guys who would buy them...
Oh boy. LOL
11/18/2008
Sleeping Dreamer Sleeping Dreamer
Quote:
Originally posted by Dame Demi
This is kind of disturbing, but I've often thought a woman could make money selling her used sex toys on a website, "sealed in a plastic baggie for freshness," of course! I bet there are guys who would buy them...
They do- I think it's called ebanned. Supposedly it's not legal (the age old discussion on Niteflirt) but I don't really know for sure. They sell used panties too. You can literally sell anything on the internet (whether it's legal or not) and there's someone out there willing to buy it.
11/18/2008
Mr Guy Mr Guy
Two words: conceptual art.
11/18/2008
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Looks like it: link

Look how many girls are selling their underwear, LOL!
11/18/2008
LimeGreen LimeGreen
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Guy
Two words: conceptual art.
my thoughts exactly!
12/05/2008
Fishie Princess Fishie Princess
Quote:
Originally posted by Airlia
That's insane. They calmly talk about used butt plugs and pocket pussy's. I mean eewww I wouldn't want something that's already been shoved up someone else's dark netherworld - recycled or not!
We drink out of bottles that are recycled... and let me tell you, I've known a bottle or two that have also be in nether regions.
01/07/2009
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Quote:
Originally posted by Fishie Princess
We drink out of bottles that are recycled... and let me tell you, I've known a bottle or two that have also be in nether regions.
It's actually very unsafe to use bottles as dildos, since they can end up acting like miniature vacuum. My dad worked with Rescue 8 in the days of the glass Coke bottle, and lemme tell you, some of those people were mortified when they had to get help to unsuction the damn bottle.
01/07/2009
Dame Demi Dame Demi
Quote:
Originally posted by Backseat Boohoo
Looks like it: link

Look how many girls are selling their underwear, LOL!
I've always thought it would be funny to sell plus-sized Hanes Her Way or other cotton panties on a sex site....
01/08/2009
kabash kabash
I've been looking for a way to ditch my old toys that have broken. I would rather shy away from using a dumpster miles away from where i live or using the electronic recycling program. Really, there's no need to give my neighbors more amo for their daily gossip festivals.

I found this site, not sure if anyone has tried it yet or not....

link
03/10/2009
Red Red
I think its great, sextoysrecycling.com seems completely legit and I have used it (as in, I have sent things in). I am unsure if I would buy a toy from them but...
03/11/2009
Cinnamon Chambers Cinnamon Chambers
I so am going a science experiment with my jelly ones. I want to see what peroxide, boiling, bleach etc will do.
03/11/2009
Cinnamon Chambers Cinnamon Chambers
Going to do that is.
03/11/2009
Epiphora Epiphora
Quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon Chambers
Going to do that is.
Oooh, I wanna hear all about that! be sure to start a thread.
03/11/2009
TinyTease TinyTease
I unfortunately can't recycle vibes here as we have the crappiest recycling system on Maui. I have often wondered what to do with old dildos, tho...I wouldn't mind sending it off to be recycled!
04/07/2009
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 53
Unique posters: 37