Run Taco Run- training week 3 day 1

TacoODoom TacoODoom
Hey everyone!

While this particular Eden Gives Back project was just announced a few days ago, it's actually week 3 of training/fundraising for me. Since I ran a 5K last Sunday I took a few days off of training, But now It's week 3, with 8 weeks to go till my race day (and 7 weeks till the May 12th fundraiser deadline) and I'm back in gear! This weekend I bought myself some new sneakers (since I got a coupon for $10 in my race bag last week) that are designed to prevent me from overpronating (when you roll your feet out, i.e. walk/run on the edges of your foot instead of the flat), so I have plenty of time to break them in before the race.

so far I've raised $123 towards my goal of $1k! you can view my progress here: link

feel free to spread that link around and strong arm your friends and family members to donate

Now that the weather is finally improving I'm hoping within the next week or two I can take my runs from the treadmill to the street to better help me prepare to run the 9k course through downtown boston.
They released the actual course too!

growing up just outside of Boston (and spending a few years paying too much to actually live *IN* Boston) I spent a lot of time going to punk shows in and around the area where the run is located so I already know those streets like the back of my hand. It'll be a nice not insanely hilly run for me!

Soon I'll be taking a trip into Boston and i'll update with pictures of the actual course

Lets hope I can get my endurance up to finish this run without ending up on m face!

Thanks again for all your help!

03/28/2011
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kayla Kayla
Wow! That course looks really intense; it's amazing that you're doing this and for such a great cause. I'm definitely envious; there's no way I could do it.
03/28/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
That is one hardcore map, and you are one hardcore lady. I can only dream of being able to do something so awesome.
03/28/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by TacoODoom
Hey everyone!



While this particular Eden Gives Back project was just announced a few days ago, it's actually week 3 of training/fundraising for me. Since I ran a 5K last Sunday I took a few days off of training, But now It's ... More
Update for those who care I did 4 miles in 43 min. I'm a mile af a 1/2 short of my distance goal and then it's all working on speed I maintained a 14:30 pace which is slower than I'd like, bit I'm sure it will improve as my training progresses.
thank you all for your support!
03/28/2011
bluekaren bluekaren
Hey girl! Good luck! I reposted your support page on my facebook and on twitter. I did a marathon in 2005, so I know what you are going threw...keep us updated on your progress!
03/28/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by TacoODoom
Update for those who care I did 4 miles in 43 min. I'm a mile af a 1/2 short of my distance goal and then it's all working on speed I maintained a 14:30 pace which is slower than I'd like, bit I'm sure it will improve as my training ... More
Damn, that's impressive. I get winded going to my laundry room.



I love Boston so much.



Good thoughts and stuff for your run.



You do your best, and know you did.

Hon. Your progress link links you right back here to this thread. I'd be interested in seeing the actual progress.

I assume we can sponsor you with Eden points? Or am I wrong about that?
03/28/2011
Bunnycups Bunnycups
Wow. That's really great. I wish I could run.
03/28/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Damn, that's impressive. I get winded going to my laundry room.







I love Boston so much.







Good thoughts and stuff for your run.







You do your best, and ... More
yep, you can donate eden points for $0.50 on the dollar (so $20 gc earned with points is a $10 donation) or you can purchase a gift card and when that card arrives to you you can send gary the number and he'll donate the full amount.

my progress can be viewed at this site

or you can hit up my blog




thanks for your support!
03/29/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
That is one hardcore map, and you are one hardcore lady. I can only dream of being able to do something so awesome.
luckily, the traffic will be re-routed for the race... well lucky if your a runner, not so much if your trying to drive in boston
03/29/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by TacoODoom
luckily, the traffic will be re-routed for the race... well lucky if your a runner, not so much if your trying to drive in boston
Haha, this is true. Fortunately I won't be trying to drive in Boston, so I'm ok with the traffic reroute
03/29/2011
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by TacoODoom
luckily, the traffic will be re-routed for the race... well lucky if your a runner, not so much if your trying to drive in boston
They do that in downtown Philly a lot on Sunday mornings for runs & rides.
03/29/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Haha, this is true. Fortunately I won't be trying to drive in Boston, so I'm ok with the traffic reroute
my mom is tryign to get us tickets for the sox game the day of the race really all I'm gonna want is a shower and perhaps a big ass plate of nachos
03/29/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by TacoODoom
my mom is tryign to get us tickets for the sox game the day of the race really all I'm gonna want is a shower and perhaps a big ass plate of nachos
Well after running that whole race, you deserve the plate of nachos!
03/29/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
would a taco joke be too tasteless here?

Keep up the good work!
03/29/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Well after running that whole race, you deserve the plate of nachos!
damn skippy! i'm dragging my family to au tua nua(my fave pub from my AIB days) after the race for nachos, hot wings, and the best guiness this side of Ireland!
03/29/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
would a taco joke be too tasteless here?



Keep up the good work!
nah, I often make jokes about cannibalism when I eat them.
03/29/2011
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by TacoODoom
damn skippy! i'm dragging my family to au tua nua(my fave pub from my AIB days) after the race for nachos, hot wings, and the best guiness this side of Ireland!
That sounds awesome... but just out of curiosity, what makes the Guiness better?
04/01/2011
TacoODoom TacoODoom
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
That sounds awesome... but just out of curiosity, what makes the Guiness better?
Not entirely sure but I suspect the straight off the boat hottie with the nice rack has something to do with it.
04/01/2011
Total posts: 18
Unique posters: 8