#Workshop - January 16th @ 8pm: D.I.Y. Sex Toy Repair

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#Workshop - January 16th @ 8pm: D.I.Y. Sex Toy Repair

Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Maybe for your next workshop you can do some 'Monster Garage'! ...and for our next project you are going to need a lawnmower engine and a Fleshlight!
He'd give the Cobra a run for it's money.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Hey everyone! Welcome to the first EdenFantasys Work Shop!

Tonight I will show you how to fix a couple common problems you might have with a toy. Yeah, right?

So, I will do this in segments and after each segment you can ask questions. After everyone's questions are answered I will post the next segment. Easy enough, eh?

We will start with "Hello everyone" time and then jump right in.
I have two different "Fixes" to show you and I hope I can teach you how to do them.

Please feel free to ask any question you might have. Also if you have any ideas that may make things easier, please feel free to chime in.



Along with your "Hello's", Tell me if you have ever thrown away a your favorite toy because it stopped working for some reason.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
My only broken toy is a rabbit vibe with the wires exposed and possibly frayed where they disappear into the rabbit. Damn things. Maybe I will learn enough to fix it though
01/16/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Not any of my favorites so far, but I have tossed a few that just magically stopped working.

Also, hello!
01/16/2011
Kindred Kindred
Hello all! And too new to toys to have broken any yet.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
I have thrown them away due to a lack of power, and at least two bullets because those little metal prongs stopped picking up the battery charge.
And HELLoo!!!
01/16/2011
Coralbell Coralbell
Hi everyone! My Layaspot started malfunctioning after I submerged it. It turns onto high as soon as you put the battery cap on and the buttons don't work to control it
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
My only broken toy is a rabbit vibe with the wires exposed and possibly frayed where they disappear into the rabbit. Damn things. Maybe I will learn enough to fix it though
Well if you don't you can send me a pic and I might be able to tell you how.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Coralbell
Hi everyone! My Layaspot started malfunctioning after I submerged it. It turns onto high as soon as you put the battery cap on and the buttons don't work to control it
Oh, My rabbit does that too actually.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Well if you don't you can send me a pic and I might be able to tell you how.
Thanks! You are awesome! I will let you know.
01/16/2011
Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
Hello. We haven't had any break but I have one I don't like. I would like to take out the bullet and keep that.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Hey everyone, glad you could make it.

So far it sounds like many of you might be able to fix your toys after this workshop. Many of the problems I am hearing have similar problems. Cool.
01/16/2011
Gary Gary
The remote bullets that I got in a few toys didn't work and I tossed them. I think the one came with the inflatable Tara Patrick, and the Laura Doone toy.
01/16/2011
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
The remote bullets that I got in a few toys didn't work and I tossed them. I think the one came with the inflatable Tara Patrick, and the Laura Doone toy.
I bet they could have been fixed easily!
01/16/2011
Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
I have two watch battery bullets that died after the first use and now it is very hit or miss if they will work.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I would like to point out that these "Fixes" work for pretty much any thing that is battery operated. Cell phones, remote controls and Ipod/walkman players just as some examples.
01/16/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I would like to point out that these "Fixes" work for pretty much any thing that is battery operated. Cell phones, remote controls and Ipod/walkman players just as some examples.
That's awesome. I've had a few other electronic things just crap out too.
01/16/2011
Coralbell Coralbell
I also had a pocket rocket that got super hot then burnt out the first time I used it.
01/16/2011
Coralbell Coralbell
Double post.
01/16/2011
Gary Gary
Ugh, my connection is being all wonky. I am at the porn store (my weekend job) I just closed up at 8, and I will be here on the crappy porn store signal for the whole Workshop. (Although it is kind of funny!)
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Coralbell
I also had a pocket rocket that got super hot then burnt out the first time I used it.
To much power, eh?

Damn that sucks.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Redboxbaby
I have two watch battery bullets that died after the first use and now it is very hit or miss if they will work.
I had one that didn't work when I got it. If I put the batteries in as directed it wouldn't turn on it would just heat up. If I put 2 in instead of 3 and put them upside down it would work as long as I was holding them in place.... Needless to say the batteries died and the bullet got thrown in the trash.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ugh, my connection is being all wonky. I am at the porn store (my weekend job) I just closed up at 8, and I will be here on the crappy porn store signal for the whole Workshop. (Although it is kind of funny!)
Is it dial-up? That sure would suck.
01/16/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
I had one that didn't work when I got it. If I put the batteries in as directed it wouldn't turn on it would just heat up. If I put 2 in instead of 3 and put them upside down it would work as long as I was holding them in place.... Needless ...
I had one that worked when I took it out of the package to test it, and then didn't work when I went to actually use it.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Alright, y'all ready?
01/16/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Ready!
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Ready!
01/16/2011
Kindred Kindred
Ready!
01/16/2011
cheech1 cheech1
interesting workshop
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
So here is he situation, you go to use your favorite toy that you hastily put away last time you used it. This is what you find-



Oh SNAP!!! What do you do? Throw it away? However, it is your favorite, right?

Have no fear, your buddy Tim is here. For the first segment of tonights workshop, I thought I would show you how to not only fix this problem, but also show you how to prevent it. (For the most part)

First, we need to decide what that crap is. Mine has rust on it from letting water get inside the battery compartment, this could also be from humidity or even water based lube. Either way, this can be fixed and used again.

Now if it happens to be battery acid, you have to decide if the toy is worth saving. In most cases, it is not, it will depend on how much corrosion is there and your willingness to risk that corrosion getting on you bits. If you are willing to do the work and take the chance then please feel free to PM or email me and I will explain how to fix it.

So let’s look at the supplies needed-



You will need; WD-40, a rag or paper towels, some sandpaper or nail file, rubber/latex gloves (something to protect your hands), some safety glasses (not shown), a pencil and Dielectric grease (this can be found at most hardware/auto parts stores).

*note, during my discussion, contacts refer to the parts of the vibe that touch the batteries or the cap of some vibes.
01/16/2011
Total posts: 272
Unique posters: 36