This review sponsored by...

Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
I didn't notice this until Red pointed it out, but there's some unusual text at the bottom of my most recent review that says something about the review being "sponsored" by an unnamed source. I've never seen that before...what is it?

Link to the review: link
04/06/2009
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Backseat Boohoo
I didn't notice this until Red pointed it out, but there's some unusual text at the bottom of my most recent review that says something about the review being "sponsored" by an unnamed source. I've never seen that before...what ... More
I didn't notice that at first - good q, what is it?
04/06/2009
Sleeping Dreamer Sleeping Dreamer
I've noticed them on all verified reviews after DBD asked for reviews to not be edited anymore by the staff. I think it means to say- hey, we didn't edit any of this content.
04/06/2009
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeping Dreamer
I've noticed them on all verified reviews after DBD asked for reviews to not be edited anymore by the staff. I think it means to say- hey, we didn't edit any of this content.
What was the exact date that DBD requested this? I'm intrigued... Sleeping Dreamer, could you link to some of the reviews that also have this line at the bottom? I have a theory....
04/06/2009
Epiphora Epiphora
Weird...
04/07/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Why is the sentence.. not finished? Heh
04/07/2009
Victoria Victoria
Ok - to answer all of these questions:

The line at the bottom of very few reviews, *not all verified reviews*, went live before a glitch was figured out so that is why the company name is missing from the first sentence. It is being fixed.

Only the reviews that were recently done through Surprise Me assignment have these lines at the bottom of the review - this is because we have begun allowing well known companies to send us products that we do not yet carry and upon review from the community, we will decide if we'll carry the product. Surprise Me assignments can be anything from a new to market product to a 'Star line' toy. It's a surprise, right?

The 'sponsorship' tag line has nothing to do with anyone's past posts - it is a way of recognizing the company that provided the toy or product but noting that the review's integrity is maintained. Basically saying "you can send us the toys but if the review is bad, it's still getting published."

The recent toys and products sent out are from California Exotic, there were about 2 1/2 dozen - those are the only reviews you will see with sponsorship lines for now. In the future, we hope to do more sponsorship reviews and have our community be the judge on whether we carry some toys...but that is another post entirely.

Thanks.
04/07/2009
Sleeping Dreamer Sleeping Dreamer
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Ok - to answer all of these questions:

The line at the bottom of very few reviews, *not all verified reviews*, went live before a glitch was figured out so that is why the company name is missing from the first sentence. It is being ... More
I was WAY off. Guess I should never take a job at a carnival guessing people's ages, astrological signs, or weight.
04/07/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeping Dreamer
I was WAY off. Guess I should never take a job at a carnival guessing people's ages, astrological signs, or weight.
Heee hee, it's ok. I guess it's better to be a barker than the bearded lady or the monkey boy I never pegged you for a carny!
04/07/2009
Sammi Sammi
That makes sense...good to know
04/07/2009
Backseat Boohoo Backseat Boohoo
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Ok - to answer all of these questions:

The line at the bottom of very few reviews, *not all verified reviews*, went live before a glitch was figured out so that is why the company name is missing from the first sentence. It is being ... More
Just for the record, nobody was accusing EF of doing anything unsavory, we just weren't sure what it was. I wasn't sure if it was a site error or something I should've known about when I was writing, which is why I asked. It...well, it surprised us!

Thanks for the info.
04/07/2009
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Ok - to answer all of these questions:

The line at the bottom of very few reviews, *not all verified reviews*, went live before a glitch was figured out so that is why the company name is missing from the first sentence. It is being ... More
Hee That's what I thought it was, but got confused because I only found it on VERY few reviews. It makes sense if it was pretty recent.

Thanks for the clarification, Victoria!
04/07/2009
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 7